Weigh-in - How often do you do it?

Options
Hello :)

How often do you weigh yourself? Do you try to do consistently in the morning or at night, or whenever you remember?

I weigh myself each morning. I know that for some people this does not work but I just like to see a difference each day and when I don't I feel like I get frustrated and it helps me stay more focused throughout the day.

Replies

• Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on a tuesday morning immediately after waking up. I keep a record on an excel spreadsheet, i also keep measurements of my waist/arms/shoulders/chest and legs once every 2 weeks.
  • princess10122
    Options
    i weigh in every monday
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    I weigh in officially 1x a week, which is on Mondays. That is the time I log it on MFP. Otherwise, I weigh myself a few times a day sometimes.. boredom, or what, I'm not sure but I always do lol. I have figured out that my weigh fluctuates a lot between days or time of day, so I don't think too much about it. Monday is when it counts for me :smile:
  • misspiglet71
    Options
    1st thing every Friday morning. I put the scales away straight after
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    once a week. For me its Sunday morning when I first get up, but you need to find a day and time that works for you. I do my measurements once a month
  • perrettf
    perrettf Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't own a scales, I've only used the one at the gym on occasion and to get a starting weight. I don't want to get too bogged down worrying about achieving a certain number, I just go by my old favourite little black dress and how I look in it!
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Daily because I'm a freak and I can't stop looking hahaha
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings for me :smile:

My wii fit keeps a record of my weigh-ins for me :tongue:
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options
    I weigh in every friday morning after going to the bathroom and before eating or drinking.
    I track my measurements every two weeks.
    I'll be taking progress photos every month.
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    every friday morning
  • LUVNME94
    LUVNME94 Posts: 34
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday morning. Like clock work anythign more than that would drive me nuts! :tongue:
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    on a sunday morning :) do measurments once a month aswell :) x
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I used to do it every week on Monday morning between getting up and having breakfast. I've got out of the habit in the last couple of months, but I plan to start again tomorrow.

And I do the measurements as well, neck, waist and hips.
  • MaddiJoseph
    MaddiJoseph Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    every Wednesday Morning when I wake up. I sometimes weigh in mid week but it's never quite right and it just serves to frustrate me. Weight varies daily and hourly for that matter. If you want to weigh every day more power to you, but as far as tracking goes I've found it's more consistent for me to pick a day and time and hit that once a week. It's all a personal preference though.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    In the morning, several times a week. I think I read that morning readings are more accurate, maybe because the body has had a chance to digest and most people weight after the first elimination of the day.

I think every day weighing is fine. I don't always have time.

I believe I read that people who weight daily tend to have better results.
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Officially and for tracking here on MFP, I weigh myself every Monday morning, 1st thing when I wake up, but I do weigh myself a few other times during the week (random.) I'll check my weight on the scale at the gym too - it's 5 lbs less (but I use my home digital scale for MFP.) I'm terribly obsessed with "THE NUMBER" and for as much as I try it will never go away, but I don't cry like I used to if the number doesn't move or doesn't move as much as I'd like. I'm more active than I've ever been and workout more than I ever have, and that's what means more to me is being consistent in my workouts and my eating habits.

I also take my measurements once a month - usually the 1st day of the month so I see how many and where my inches are coming off.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I usually get on the scale a few times a day....usually in the AM when I get up, right before I take a shower and right before I jump in bed. It helps me to check it daily and see how different hings affect me...

That being said, I only 'weigh in" on MFP when the scale is down 2lbs in the mornings for 2-3 days in a row. That's how I know thats really where I am, not a daily fluke.
  • ThinAgain87
    Options
    I do it every Sunday morning as well. They recommend going to the bathroom first and being completely naked right when you wake up, as this is your true weight. I would go insane doing it everyday!
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Daily because I'm a freak and I can't stop looking hahaha

^^^this!!! But I only log on Sunday Mornings!
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    7 am monday morning