Weigh-in - How often do you do it?

Options

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself I'm only going to weigh once a week, but I end up weighing every day. LOL! First thing in the morning, after I tinkle, in my skeebies! I count my "official" weigh in every 15 days.
  • KellyMirth
    KellyMirth Posts: 153
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday morning after my workout at the gym. I have a cheap, digital scale at home but I use the gym one because it's more accurate and it's calibrated regularly. Also, I weigh in on Saturday because if there's going to be a high calorie day it will either be Saturday or Sunday and then it won't show up on the scale.
  • MarlaChandlerBarton
    MarlaChandlerBarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mostly I try to weigh once a week. But I've been in a lull for a couple of months now and I don't weigh even once a week. But here soon I will be again once a week. I've done the every day weigh, but it seems to sabotage me, so I really try hard not too. I think when you are losing weekly it's easy to weigh every day b/c you are excited. For me it's best not to. :heart:
  • cal1973
    cal1973 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Daily because I'm a freak and I can't stop looking hahaha

haaahaaa - me too!!
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Daily, but Tuesday's are the days I log it. I feel like doing it daily keeps me more on track and accountable for my eating habits.
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Usually on Monday morning after going to the loo, in the nude, and before anything to eat or drink.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Usually in the mornings right before breakfast just to see the weight fluctuate during the week, makes it interesting
  • LadyVivica
    LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I bought a scale and weighed myself in the mornings, but i would be so tempted to keep checking it throughout the day...when the number would be 5 lbs higher than it was in the morning, it would get me frustrated. I know it is water weight but the number discouraged me so I returned my scale to the store and will just "try them out" at various stores once a week :tongue:
  • mrsjrwest
    mrsjrwest Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Right now I am weighing in twice a week. Once I get closer to my goal, I know the weight won't come off as quickly and I'll switch to once a week. I am much too sodium sensitive to weigh every day, since I can easily fluctuate. For now, though, I am enjoying the frequent satisfaction of seeing the weight come off more often.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    ... I returned my scale to the store and will just "try them out" at various stores once a week :tongue:

Using different scales is likely to result in different readings. That may end up being more frustrating.
  • memmers
    memmers Posts: 112
    Options
    Well my scale is in my bathroom so i wiegh myself every morning. Most people tell me i should only weigh myself once a week but i like to see it go down every day even if it is only a little.
  • andreaisme
    andreaisme Posts: 43
    Options
    Once every week or week and a half in the morning before breakfast and preferably after a good dump. Is that too rude?
  • willismack2
    willismack2 Posts: 84
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I am a glutton...for punishment
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday as soon as I wake up and visit the bathroom.
    If I have dined out or had a few "extras" I will weigh myself the next day, and cut my cals back a bit- if necessary.- not less food just extra good choices. :)
  • BrionyTallis
    BrionyTallis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day just to see what is happening with my body. I compare my numbers week to week just to see how I am doing overall.
  • broadway_Calls
    broadway_Calls Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Never :) I use the mirror or how my clothes fit as I'm not overweight I'm just looking to be healthy/tone. I've found in the past I've gotten too obsessed with numbers when weight isn't even the main issue. If I ever start measuring my weight loss again I'll do measurements.
    I've also found I'm healthier at university where I don't have access to a scale. At home there's a scale yet I eat a lot worse (other factors contribute to this too though like more food available). I just concentrate on myself more here, being low all day because of a number at this stage isn't really worth it to me. Going home in a week or so, so will weigh myself just for kicks. I hope it's good news!
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Daily because I'm a freak and I can't stop looking hahaha

^^^this!!! But I only log on Sunday Mornings!

--weigh every morning, to push me through the day, post on MFP when weight goes down......
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, so I know when I'm getting off track. It keeps me focused. I don't count any pounds down as real weight loss until the scale says so two days in a row, just in case it is just a natural fluctuation.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week or so. I hop on my not at all accurate scale 1x a day in the morning, but it's wildly inaccurate ( 5 pounds off of the Wii ).
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Once a week under similar circumstance