Are you in your 40's looking for a motivational buddy?

Options

Replies

• TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I just joined today and can really use some buddy support. Will be 48 in a little over a month and have struggled with the weight loss yo yo all my life. Am hoping that this time I can finally get it off and keep it off.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    There a couple of groups for over-40s that I've come across:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1611-fabulous-and-fit-to-be-40-s-and-50-s

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2379-fabulous-40-something-ladies

I hope those links work!

I'm 48 and was slim for most of my life, but became very overweight a few years ago. It's great to see other people closer to my age!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm 47 and have been on MFp for almost one year :wink: It would be great to have some support to 'restart' my motivation!!!
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    *waves* 40 here. I still cringe when I say that! It's been a difficult transition from my 30s..... I don't cope well with change!

+1 for that! Still not quite come to terms with it...
  • Kerchinga
    Kerchinga Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im 40, started this in January and quite a few of the friends I had then have now left or been inactive for over a month! Could do with someone who is really going to stick this out on my friends list! :)
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    I am 42 and getting older has really made my slow metabolism almost non existent!!! I stay around 1200=1350 calories per day and workout on average 5 days per week and I can't lose a darn ounce!!! If anyone has magic answers or just wants to motivate, PLEASE friend me! So over it! I am looking to lose 10-15 pounds.
  • Joeyje3
    Joeyje3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You and me both..haha:drinker:
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    for anyone in their 40s who would like to add me feel free!
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm 41. My first 5K is this coming Saturday - it's taken me 7 months to be confident enough register for this event. I'm so excited. I'm here everyday, giving all kinds of support. Add me if you'd like. : )
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    41....and finding it hard, like most of us...to lose and KEEP it off....

anyone looking for support....same as i can feel free to add me!!!
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and have 90lbs, give or take, left to lose. You can add me if you like as I haven't done that and am not sure how but sure could use some support so I don't "fall off the wagon"
  • satxdc99
    satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Also, over 40..... I am 42 and can use all the motivational friends I can get. I just have a few pounds to go but even maintaining takes discipline and motivation. A healthy lifestyle will be something I will need to stick to for the rest of my life so I am here to motivate and can use the motivation in return. :-)
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and I would totally like a motivational buddy.. having a really hard time seeing results staying at 1200 calories fairly meticulously. Please do add!

You may need to up your calories. I had the same issue when i was @ 1200 intake..but wasn't losing...Within a week and half of upping to 1560 i had loss 3 lbs... try it for a couple of weeks and see if that helps

16544443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am 41 with a 3 year old!!!!! HELP!! LOL!! love some motivational buddies~! :)
  • Happyhappy352
    Happyhappy352 Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm 40 and it is harder for us to lose weight than that of someone in their 20's. We need to start a group:o)
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    45, turning 46 in June. Slower metabolim, strange aches and pains that linger for days, clicking in the joints and bad eating habits developed over the past 25 years. I know how it feels!! Add me if you're looking for a motivation buddy.
  • RockKelly
    RockKelly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    40 and 5 lbs from my goal. Can add me if you like
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am 41. Add me as a friend; I can motivate and need motivation at the same time. I eat too many sweets!
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hello I just turn 40! Married with 2 girls, Really need the extra motivation and push of others!
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and new (again) to MFP. I use it religiously and lose weight, stop using it and gain weight, come back and lose weight... you get the idea. I am currently on and losing weight. I joined the gym a week ago and signed up for a 10 week challenge, hoping that would be a great way to get started off right and (hopefully) stay that way. Anyone feel free to add me. I would love to find some new friends who are struggling with the same issues as me. Last Monday's weighin was 192.2 and today was 186.6. Feeling the changes, just have to stick with it!