what do you put in plain yogurt?

Options
KazzaLee13
KazzaLee13 Posts: 46
I have to increase my calcium intake but I'm kinda fussy and don't really like milk or plain yogurt.
I'd love to have ideas on what to put in plain yogurt? Apart from sugar or cocoa or something like that of course cos I'm looking for healthier ingredients! :)

Thanks! :D

Replies

• sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use natural yogurt and in the morning when I'm making my lunch put in some fruit (blackberries,strawberries and raspberries particularly) and by the time its lunch time The fruit has flavoured the yoghurt :)
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I slice ripe strawberries and freeze them in 1 cup gladwares. When you take them out to thaw, they make extra juice, more so than when you cut them up and don't freeze them. I put them in plain greek yogurt because the flavored ones have way too much sugar and I don't do artificial sweeteners...
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I slice up some bananas and mix them in with some chia seeds. If you like oatmeal you should try doing overnight oatmeal. I take a serving of dry oats (not cooked) and mix together with a serving of yogurt. Put it in the refrigerator overnight and then in the morning add whatever fruit you like. The oatmeal soaks up the yogurt so its nice and soft!
  • amcglothlin
    amcglothlin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I put frozen berries in when I pack it for my lunch in the morning, by lunch time, they are thawed and the flavor is good.
  • rmarie1017
    rmarie1017 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I thaw out some frozen unsweetened cherries and add them to my plain greek yogurt and put about a tablespoon of Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup on top. It is heavenly!
  • KazzaLee13
    KazzaLee13 Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips! I guess yogurt + berries is a winning combo then! :) Can't wait to try it!
    I've never tried oatmeal (I don't think people eat it a lot where I live, had never heard of it before) but if I can find some I'll try it too! And hopefully I'll get some calcium in! :D
  • price0504
    price0504 Posts: 1
    Options
    I really like to put granola in my yogurt...be careful of the kinds you buy as they tend to be high in sugar or carbs, but it is also very easy to make at home!!!
  • uxbridgeheli
    Options
    I use it as a dip and usually put mint sauce and chilli powder in it.
    If you don't like it too hot then paprika works well.
    H x
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Strawberries & Graham cracker! YUMMY
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Scoop of protein powder with my greek yogurt for a pumped up protein snack!
  • Losinitforgood
    Losinitforgood Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like to put vanilla protein powder and a few chopped walnuts in mine. Like others have said, fruit is great too!
  • sevva
    sevva Posts: 5
    Options
    Fresh fruit and honey!

Or muesli/fruit & fibre type cereal
  • imacrazycatlady
    imacrazycatlady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A little bit of stevia, ground ginger and cinnamon. Fantastic and adds zero calories to the yogurt.
  • my6kiddies
    my6kiddies Posts: 4
    Options
    plain vanilla extract
  • JENJEN2011
    JENJEN2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Honey and cinnamon...yummy!
  • ro6330
    ro6330 Posts: 1
    Options
    Diced cucumbers, reduced fat feta, and black pepper. Makes a really good dip.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    A little bit of stevia, ground ginger and cinnamon. Fantastic and adds zero calories to the yogurt.

^^ THIS........and imitation vanilla.

BTW, I discovered that Dannon Oikos Plain Greek Yogurt has 10 calories MORE than Great Value Plain
    same am't fat - ZERO-
    BUT 1/2 the am't of sodium
    1/2 the carbs & sugar
    and DOUBLE the am't of protein, so I switched.
    Obviously costs more, but it was worth it to me.
    It fills me up, whereas the GV never did
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    - Peanut butter and honey (sweet & salty)
    - Cocoa powder and some sweetener (chocolaty)
    - any kind of fruit (berries, bananas, peaches etc.)
    - Granola (just watch out for fat and sugar)
    - Nuts (portion control!)
    - add frozen berries and puree to make ice cream *yummy*
    - add yogurt to protein shakes

I ♥ yogurt :love:
  • katastica
    katastica Posts: 1
    Options
    I'll mix Nature's Path cereals into my yogurt, fruits, almonds, or cocoa powder.
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    I'm kinda weird...I mix a packet of hot cocoa in yogurt, nuke it for about a minute and half, and pour it over weetabix or shredded wheat.