Insanity? I want to hear from real people

Options

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I honestly just started myself and it is intense! but I enjoyed it. Feel free to add me if you want to start the journey together!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I was wanting to hear from people who have actually done it. What kind of results you had and how hard it was to stick to the program.
    I'm thinking about getting it, but wanted to hear from real people on here first :)

I personally haven't tried it because I prefer to do things like boxing and such. HOWEVER, a friend of mine on my friends list does it all the time, he's at his goal weight now after losing more than 50 lbs and still does it all the time and loves it. From what I understand, its a hard workout but not impossible and anyone at any weight can start it. You might have to start slow in the beginning, pause alot during the workouts and it might take longer than the time on the box but you can do it and if you stick to it, you will see results!
  • cmje94066
    cmje94066 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Cindy and I'm starting my second week of Insanity today. I have done this work out in the past and it is a great work out. It is very difficult, but you are encouraged to go at your own pace. So far this pas week I have lost 3.8 pounds and about an 1.5 inches from my wait. I don't follow the meal plan provided, but I do stick with a 1200 calorie diet. It is a great work out and you will get results if you stick with the program. It's really up to how bad you want it..... and I want it. :wink: I would recommend this work out just for the simple fact that it will work out your entire body and you will work out a serious sweat.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have considered this program too, but after consulting with my doctor (and reading close to one hundred product reviews) I have determined it is not for me. I had leg and knee surgery in 07, plus I still have a bad knee, and I broke my foot in three places in January. My doctor does not advise this program for people with injuries such as mine, and the reviews all supported this.

I have found that the vast majority of people who start it and stick with it are very pleased with the end results. I wish I could do it, but I ultimately decided that my doctor (and I) know my body best.

I suggest you check with your physician before beginning a program of this magnitude. Good luck!
  • kingsama
    kingsama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have done insanity and rushfit, i would recommend you look into rushfit as it is, at least in my opinion, a much better designed program that will move you towards total fitness and not just cardio. It is also a lot less high impact.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    NOT A COACH! I hit goal weight after month one, got a lot more muscle tone after month two. I have done it 2 times through, and then once as a hybrid with P90x. Now, I use it as a supplement to my regular workouts when I feel the need to push myself. On days when I do it, my maintenance calories are about 2,200.
  • ndwarren
    ndwarren Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks, the details helped a lot!
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My sister has been doing insanity since January and she has lost over 30lbs and many inches. SHe looks absolutely amazing. She just got the second insanity dvd set--Insanity Max or something like that, so she gave me the regular dvds. I've only finished 2 days so far, but I already know that I will get some results with this. The workout is great, and it definitey is not boring. She did not follow the diet with it. Just to give you an idea of what her body type is--she's 5'10 and she started at 220, and is now under 190. She wasnot very active before starting. She couldn't do 1 pushup before, and now she can go all day doing pushups. I hope to get similar results as her.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am proudly a coach and know that Myfitnesspal has become a very negative place for certain people because of all of the advertisements, etc. but for me my choice to be a coach was to get a discount on the products.. NOW on to the real question. I did Insanity right after doing P90X. Insanity was hard - no joke. The fit test alone was bad.. I was sweating just like the infomercial describes sweating! LOL. I went through the entire program, never missing a day and completed it successfully. I did not follow the eating plan with Insanity. For me (and I am being honest) I could not stick to that plan and knew it. I wanted to do something that would work for me in the long run, not just short term. I had went up to 151 pounds and was in awful shape. I didn't want a "diet" and I saw the eating plan as that. Now, I am not knocking on it because I know plenty of people who have done it with great results also. It's a personal choice I believe. Insanity really got me in the best shape of my life. After I did that I went on and did a P90X/Insanity hybrid, Insanity Asylum and then P90X2. I love Insanity and will always have it in my workout library. It is worth every penney that it costs, or at least it was for me. It worked for me because I stuck to it, ate healthier and gave it 100%. I know of a lot of people who knock on it because they don't eat right, half *kitten* the workouts or skip them and end up quitting. If you aren't putting in the work you aren't going to get results. For me I have tried so many other things before Insanity that did nothing. I loved the challenge of it and even got to work out with Shaun T on my last day of Insanity because he was visiting a city nearby (my boyfriend had it for me as a gift beause it was my birthday too!). My boyfriend tried Insanity and hated it because it hurt his shins and joints. I can only speak for myself - it was a lifesaver for me. I am featured in the latest Insanity infomercial also due to my proven results if you want to check out a short clip I put on my YouTube page. Again, it's not for everyone but for me it was money well spent!

The link is: http://youtu.be/RZlnVVRHI3o
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
    I wanted to add that my back was broke in a head on collision and I have permanent disc and back issues which made me scared to try Insanity. I had to modify a lot especially with suicide jumps so I wouldn't hurt anything. Now, almost 2 years later I can bust them out like there's no tomorrow. I love Insanity!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    So in response to those questions about my comment- I did not follow the meal plan because every meal plan is created for people who eat meat, and I do not. So- I stick to healthy, home cooked, mostly clean foods. I do not eat out and I barely eat sweets other than fruit. I do make an effort to eat increase protein.

Also, I started at 117 and ended at 115 which I am not that concerned about. However, I am only 4'11 so 117 is stil almost 25% body fat so I do need to tone it up some.

I did notice some toning around my body and am beginning to see a little abs.
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with the first round of Insanity. Honestly, I hoped for my results to be better. In the first month, I lost inches but gained weight (pretty normal). I didn't follow the recommended calorie intake and wonder if my results had been better if I had eaten more. In month two, I was seriously starving so I decided to increase my intake and not go below my BMR after workouts. My body seems really confused about the higher intake now (increased from 1200 to 1800). I'm super bloated and don't feel good. I will give it time as see where it will lead me. In two weeks, I'll be starting Asylum and plan on doing a hybird of the two programs afterwards. Next week, I'll take more pictures to compare so we will see. My strength and endurance improved greatly.

Another truth....We are a military family so we get the coaching part for free. I didn't become a coach with the intention of selling a product but because we fell in love with Insanity and wanted to save money on the other products. Coaching and exchange with people who have similar goals is just fun for me.
  • LBash03
    LBash03 Posts: 72
    Options
    I did the first month of insanity and then suffered an ankle injury in soccer so I didn't get to complete it but I think it is an amazing workout. Very intense. I heard the results dont normally come until the 2nd month but i would highly recommend it to anyone.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It is hard but with the effort you will see results... if you not seeing results then that means that you need to go harder
  • IcyJux
    IcyJux Posts: 2
    Options
    it hasnt been hard for me to keep it up just be real and put all the intake , is working for me i lost 20 lbs in a month, do it is really good
  • cubanita28
    cubanita28 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well I am not a coach nor have I done it, but I did post the same question a few weeks ago and got tons of replys. I found a friend whose friend is a coach and does it. I got to see real results from her pics and not going from chubby to a six pack. You see definition, toning, she has lost inches and about 20 pounds at 7 weeks into it. She is a mom of two young girls. After seeing her and talking with her I bought it, waiting for it to come!

Great to hear - it's hard sometimes when you see the infomercials on T.V. to really believe what these videos can do. I am looking into also buying the DVD so this really helps. Thanks.
  • mvandommelen
    Options
    Not a beach coach, just a regular 34 year old mom of 2. I LOOVVVEED Insanity! I am a cardio junkie and it fed that addiction!!! I have done the entire program 2 times! Just graduated to Insanity Asylum! I love Shaun T, he is so motivating and I toned up a ton. I am a volleyball player and I felt more conditioned on the court as well! I highly recommend Insanity
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Not following the meal plan, not a coach....with that said I just started Month 2 of Insanity! I have lost 4lbs in the first month, went down a pant size (I didn't do my measurements), have muscles in places I didn't before and can run faster and longer than I used to (I also run 3 times a week)! It is definitely not easy but if you like to sweat like me it is great cardio!! :)
  • Giggle78
    Giggle78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Its brilliant - it will get you so fit. I would recommend it as well. It is much tougher than most 'real life' classes that I go to.

But...when I did it (to the letter) I lost a total of 3lbs in the two months. Also it really hurt my knees because it is a lot of jumping. I was hoping for insane results but at the time I was disappointed. It is only now when I look back at the photos that I see that it did make a difference to my actual shape.

Now I am doing P90X with Insanity workouts every other day. And I love the sweat!!!! And I can hardly believe that its possible to work that hard in your own home. That's what I think.

(I am not a coach but I loooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeee beach body products.)
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
    Well I am not a coach nor have I done it, but I did post the same question a few weeks ago and got tons of replys. I found a friend whose friend is a coach and does it. I got to see real results from her pics and not going from chubby to a six pack. You see definition, toning, she has lost inches and about 20 pounds at 7 weeks into it. She is a mom of two young girls. After seeing her and talking with her I bought it, waiting for it to come!

Great to hear - it's hard sometimes when you see the infomercials on T.V. to really believe what these videos can do. I am looking into also buying the DVD so this really helps. Thanks.

I actually looked at my pictures where I am on the infomercial to see if they did anything to them and they didn't so I believe they are real. The picture you see of me on the infomercial was also on my Facebook long before that so I am happy people have some cool results :) I did get a baby 6 pack but it's because my body fat is now 10% :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!