Insanity? I want to hear from real people

Options

Replies

• Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity March 5th this year at 244lbs. Between Insanity and MFP, ive lost 36 lbs so far. However, im not done with the program. Im taking my time with it. In the 2nd week I hurt my back doing lots of things like jumping into plank possition, etc. I kept eating right and walking/jogging on a track in the meantime. Continued Insanity a couple weeks later. Finished month 1 with great results and did Recovery Week. Ive done two weeks of month 2 so far and hurt my foot running. Took another week off. Im back at it starting tonight. Im really looking forward to it. I hope my foot is healed because I look forward to doing a kick-a** workout with my lady by my side doing it with me. Month 1 is much easier. I substitued a couple month 2 workouts with month 1 workouts. Not anymore. I plan on finishing the program this month. At first your gonna think that this program isn't for overweight people. Then your gonna start thinking, "Why shouldn't I be able to be in the shape that they are in?". Atleast thats what I thought. So to wrap this up... Do the program becaue its great. Go at your own pace so you don't hurt yourself. And good luck to you.
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    I was wanting to hear from people who have actually done it. What kind of results you had and how hard it was to stick to the program.
    I'm thinking about getting it, but wanted to hear from real people on here first :)

Today starts my fourth week with Insanity and I absolutely LOVE it!! I was already in pretty good shape, and ran everyday as well as weight training and other cardio at the gym 6 days a week but I wanted another challenge because I had already conquered all of my gym goals. So this was perfect for me! I did follow the meal guide the first week but then kind of took what I learned from it and went on my own with my diet. I eat 4 or 5 times a day about every 3 hours and between 275 and 400 calories (give or take) each meal. I have lost 5 pounds and 14 inches thus far and dropped my body fat% by 5%. So for me, it has yielded great results with 6 more full weeks to go! I love the workouts, I love the feeling I get each time that timer on the screen gets to 0 and Shaun T is saying "great job". Truly a power trip because not everyone is capable of doing these workouts.

In doing my fit test the first day and the beginning of the third week, I improved greatly and yet another "power trip" : ) I really enjoy the workouts and sweat more than I ever have during my running sessions, (even running at 6.5 mph.)

So I highly recommend this to anyone who is already in a somewhat fit to fit condition because this is definitely not for beginners! You need to already be going to the gym for months or something. Oh, and nutrition is a huge part of results!!! One cannot eat a junky diet and expect change. It won't happen. So if you eat a clean diet and are fit and looking for another challenge to step things up, do IT!!!!

Good luck to everyone who plans to do it!!! Feel free to add if you have more questions, or even support!!
  • KarenC88
    KarenC88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For my opinion only, I wish I had not spent the money on the Insanity program - or wish I had used it right away instead of waiting so I could have gotten my money back within the guarantee time. It seemed to be a good program, very challenging, but I get bored VERY easy, and I finished 3 weeks and got tired of the voice, the same moves, etc... I did lose weight and inches, but it didn't keep my interest in continuing on...I do enjoy some of the recipes from the food plan, so I have kept making them...
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Last year before I got pregnant I did Insanity and lost 33lbs (starting at 260). Obviously in the beginning I had to modify the pushups to girl pushups and there was a lot of hitting the pause button, but after 2 weeks that completely changed and I could not only do everything that they did but I could keep up with them. I never understand when people say it's a cardio only program. I strongly disagree..I guess I could see where one would think that if you're already pretty ripped and strong, but they do a lot of strength training with your own body weight. Every single type of push up you've ever heard of (and many you haven't), resistance training, squats, lunges, tricep dips, etc. Like anything else, you'll get out of it what you put into it. And I know some people who just don't like it plain and simple and that, imo, is key to any workout program being successful. This is the only exercise dvd program I've found that I enjoy doing, i think Shawn T is a great motivator. I'm in a gym phase right now where it's pretty much where I do most of my workouts but I'll still occasionally pop in an insanity dvd because I miss it lol.
  • pixiechk201
    pixiechk201 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I got through about 6 weeks of Insanity in the fall (with a brief break in the middle for knee injury due to the high impact of the workouts). I never lost any weight, and gained about a pound or two, but I was in SO much better shape! The cellulite on my legs was almost gone! When I started I could barely run to the end of the block, and after 6 weeks I could run 3 miles without a break. However, I found month 2 so hard it was demoralizing. Sure, month 1 was hard when I started and after I finished I could get through the entire routine without stopping but Month 2 is NO JOKE!

I've just started an Insanity/ChaLean hybrid workout and so far I think it's great! I hope the added strength from the weights will make the Insanity workouts more manageable.

All in, I'm a huge fan of Beachbody workouts and would recommend them for a solid fitness kick in the butt!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I attempted Insanity but had to stop only two weeks in as I am very coordination/balance-challenged and found myself losing my footing and falling over doing a lot of the more agility oriented exercises. The only way I was able to do them were to slow the pace down so much that it wasn't even a workout anymore. However I actually showed visible results in those two weeks of doing it. My weight did not go down but I lost a whole pant size and my body tightened up noticeably. I have progress pics I took a little over one week apart while attempting it and they actually showed a visible difference that made people go "wow" when they found out they were taken only one week apart.

It's a great program but the risk of injury is too great if you're not already in decent shape due to the extreme high impact nature of plyometrics in general as well as the high agility needed. And only a small amount of the exercises in Insanity can be modified to tone down the difficulty level.
  • truss08
    truss08 Posts: 21
    Options
    You need to follow the meal plan! Most of losing weight is in the kitchen not in the workout!
  • bailyc
    bailyc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I finished my first month of Insanity yesterday and am down 8 pounds and have seen a huge difference in my strength and energy levels (I am also following the meal plan to the ounce). The workouts are hard so accept that you are going to be uncomfortable for a while each day and that you will be dripping with sweat. I feel so proud of what my body was capable of doing after the workouts that I actually look forward to the next days DVD!! Gook Luck!
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It is hard but with the effort you will see results... if you not seeing results then that means that you need to go harder

PLEASE don't tell me that I'm not seeing results because I'm not working hard enough :laugh: You have NO IDEA how much I bust my behind every single day. :wink:
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It is hard but with the effort you will see results... if you not seeing results then that means that you need to go harder

PLEASE don't tell me that I'm not seeing results because I'm not working hard enough :laugh: You have NO IDEA how much I bust my behind every single day. :wink:

Agreed! If only it were that simple!
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing Asylum right now??
  • shinkle33
    shinkle33 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hii! I did insanity. I am about 150 and 5 2'... maybe 20 pounds overweight. I did not follow the meal plan but stuck with a low carb, low fat diet and lost 18 pounds in 1 month. I had to stop because it is very tough on the knees. Alot of jumping and stuff. Good luck!
  • MeDoula
    Options

Not yet. I'll be starting in two weeks. Are you thinking about it?
  • MeDoula
    Options

Not yet. I'll be starting in two weeks. Are you?
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Asylum is the best............I have already finished the program once......Time for another round!!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Asylum is the best............I have already finished the program once......Time for another round!!

I love that one too!!! It's awesome!
  • Scorpioangel
    Options

I have completed Asylum and mix it in with my P90X, Insanity and P90X2 along with running. It rocks!
  • Scorpioangel
    Options
    I didn't follow the meal plan at all and have better results with my own plan than people who were super strict. Our bodies are all different and I was fortunate to be able to make my own plan that works for me permanently. The other day a friend told me that I looked really, really nice and asked how I was eating. I told him and he told me to keep doing whatever I am doing because it's working perfectly :)
  • tshardin
    tshardin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    These results are very similar to mine. I am four weeks in and I haven't lost much weight but I can wear a size smaller. Someone actually asked me today if I had lost alot of weight.
  • davecannon
    davecannon Posts: 92
    Options
    I actually am a Beachbody Coach. I became one after my second round of Insanity. I became a coach because of the results that it gave me. I love it and it has in fact changed my life. I find it funny because I spent 12 years of my life working in psychiatric hospitals with kids. Ironic much? I am in week 4 of round 3 now. I saw someone mentioned MAX month taking a toll on you. Very true. But I personally like the MAX month workouts more.

Hey, 41 pounds down, health stats have gotten better, and I went from a 40 inch pant and XXL shirt to a loose 36 and size L. Does it work? Look at my pictures.

Dave
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!