My calories are too low...see my diary.

Options
xPOOKiEx
xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
Mannnn....I'm trying SO HARD to get my cals up, I already feel like I'm grazing all day haha.

What should I add? Any suggestions?? This is my day planned out :)

(I realize I had a horrible breakfast, I had a bad start to the day....trying to make up for that.)

My cals are too low....BEFORE I've even added exercise in...ugh!

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Snack then. I eat 3 snacks a day in between B&L, In between L&D, and 2 hours before bed. My calories are 1880/day and I always come within 100-200 even with exercise. If I can eat more, you can do.

Incorporate more oils when you cook. Actually cooking helps too. Add more ingredients to salads, eat a couple veggies not just one. Add in desserts.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    how about u blend in a banana with milk and some protein powder or a tbsp of chocolate or something for flavor. a piece or two of toast or a hard boiled egg?
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What about munching on things like dried fruit and nuts mixes? They are yummy and super good for you, and it's pretty easy to add HEALTHY calories with things like almonds and pistachios and....yeah, I'm off to grab some right now! :wink:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    try dipping veggies in hummus instead of salad dressing...

make hummus out of other kinds of beans, too, for variety. add garlic, olive oil, roasted peppers to beans & blend... yumyum!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing I could think of is adding some nuts into your salads. Almonds, pecans or even sunflower seeds add a nice crunch and some added calories without them being just empty calories.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I would probably starve on that diet. One taco for dinner? I can eat four, easy. LOL It doesn't look to me like you are grazing at all, you are just eating four minuscule meals per day. Incorporate some nuts and avocado into a salad (or just eat by themselves). They are a healthy source of fat and protein without being low-calorie.

I know some people who swear by consuming a tablespoon of coconut oil a day for digestion, and to add a quick 100 calories.
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    Have a handful of nuts once a day. They're pretty good for you in terms of their mineral content, and are getting quite a good reputation as a weight loss aid:

http://www.drbriffa.com/2008/10/06/why-the-evidence-on-nuts-and-weight-makes-a-mockery-of-the-calorie-principle/

Plus you can put nuts and seeds in salads.

I love nuts. The answer to ANY question is nuts!
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you definitely need to eat more breakfast!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.

It is really easy to up your calories. Eat more. Each of your meals are only 100-200 calories. That is far too low. You should be eating 3 300-400 calorie meals a day and then 1-2 100-200 calorie snacks...

Eating under 1000 calories over time, as you have been doing, is setting yourself up for metabolism failure and serious health issues.
  • imlewer
    imlewer Posts: 15
    Options
    How about eat more than 1oz of chicken for dinner... this is not hard to figure out
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Add some low-fat yogurt with your banana in the morning or maybe some low-fat cottage cheese.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Something doesn't look right there. Oh, I know! You forgot to put peanut butter on that banana! :smile:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Girl, bigger portion sizes! There's one meal you had where you ate a single slice of bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter - use two slices of bread, more PB, maybe some jam if you wanna get a little crazy.

Think calorie-dense foods like nut butters, avocados, dark chocolate and coconut oil.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Your diary says you only ate 3 ounces of chicken with lunch and only 1 ounce at dinner. Try upping your protein, especially at dinner. One ounce of meat per meal is tiny.

Try adding some nuts and fruits in there as well. They are healthy but slightly higher-calorie.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Eat some full fat yogurt with breakfast, eat earlier if this makes it too big too close to lunch.

Eat the whole can of chicken, add some almonds to that meal.

Add almonds somewhere else too, don't skip on that peanut butter.

Because indeed, you may feel full, but that doesn't mean your body is fully fed.
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    Peanut butter,avacado, trail mixes,almonds. when my calories are too low I have peanut butter on oat bread and that usually helps
  • myshell67
    myshell67 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would say try upping your protein at mealtimes. 1 oz isn't very much chicken, turkey, etc...
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    one oz of canned chicken and some baby carrots are not an okay dinner. You will starve. Why not have a 4 oz chicken breast with roasted veggies? Add some rice or pasta...I am not anti carbs and this always helps. Eat oatmeal with your breakfast, etc
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I love nuts. The answer to ANY question is nuts!

:heart:
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Increase your portion sizes or eat more calorie dense foods. It looked like you were eating WAY under on many days in your diary, as well as missing the mark for your nutritional needs. Eating more balanced meals - with each food group represented would help boosting your calories as well.

Check out some recipe sites online, like SkinnyTaste.com, etc. to help give you ideas of what to eat, and the nutritional information.