My calories are too low...see my diary.

Options

Replies

• rmcdonald1982
    Options
    Please if your going to post something have it be positive. We are all struggling to lose weight and it doesn't help to have negativity.
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna add a protein shake today, my fiance has the powder...I might add some strawberries and make it into a nice little shake.

:)
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options
    THANK YOU :)
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try adding some protein shakes and bars, adding cheese to what you eat.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I had this "problem" for way too long and on Friday I made a commitment to change my eating habits. It really comes downto one thing: Eat more.

-Grab a protein bar and a banana for snack.
    -Eat whole eggs with your breakfast with a side of berries and toast.
    -Double your portion of PB
    -Whole milk instead of reduced fat.
    -Cooking your oatmeal in milk instead of water.

I'm new to force feeding myself too (which is what I like to call it, since I'm eating even when I'm not hungry.) But I'm sure it will get easier with time.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Did you really eat just 1 oz. of chicken for lunch? Do you know how little that is? If you really want to up your calories, eat normal quantities (at least 'a serving'), add some pasta or crackers (carbs). You will only hurt your weight loss by eating to little.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna add a protein shake today, my fiance has the powder...I might add some strawberries and make it into a nice little shake.

Add a banana too if you like. It'll add about 100 cals and has potassium =)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    add avacado to your salad awesome fats and an easy way to up calories. Instead of iceburg lettuce, use a more substantial lettuce . . . iceburg is like eating water . . . it's refreshing but has no nutritional value. Add more chicken to your meals. try a cold quinoa salad on the side of your dinner with some tomatoes, cucumbers, olive oil & vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, & maybe some black beans.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    The thing that confuses me is that you are planning your meals for too few calories. It shouldn't be that hard to bump up your portions if you are aware that this is not enough. I agree with the other comments that nuts, avocados and things like hard boiled eggs (foods high in fat and/or protein) should help. My question is...why are you planning for so few calories? Is it because you are afraid to eat more (which raises a red flag for an ED) or is it because you truly don't feel like you can eat anything more than this? For me, it's one thing if you sit down to eat a meal and this is all you are hungry for, but to PLAN it that way, that's a little bit worrisome.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Favorite snacks for me:

Half a sliced apple dipped in almond butter
    Half a sliced apple with a cheese stick or Baby Bell round cheese
    Hummus with baby carrots, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, and/or sliced bell peppers (orange or red are my faves)
    Plain Greek yogurt with sliced strawberries or fresh blueberries & drizzled with honey
    Handful of raw walnuts with a serving of dried apricots (about 5 slices)

I try to add avocado to meals too - healthy calories there, too. Great with eggs, in a salad or on a sandwich.

All healthy calories that help keep me satisfied throughout the day.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Don't forget the peanut butter! You could throw some spinach in there, too, and some ground flax seeds.
  • jessiesunshine
    Options
    I could suggest Oatmeal, or yogurt with your banana that you had for breakfast. Or mixing the banana and some other fruit with the yogurt to make a smoothie. I have the opposite problem, I can't keep mine under 1200. Best of luck to you! :)
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    I have been having the same trouble since I've gone to all fresh fruits and veggies and none processed meats while trying to keep my carbs low. Apparently fruits and veggies fill me up and like you i'm grazing all day... My daughter had mentioned she was adding olive oil to her diet to meet intake of either nutrients or calories a few days back... So I've decided to do that since it is being said we need those healthy fats... I'm starting of with 1tspn of olive oil and 1 tspn of cranola. 1 tspn of coconut oil. I have to take a 45 minute drive to get the Walnut oil (Its not sold locally) so when I do I will take 1 tspn of that a day. Dr Oz says these are great oils. They all do something different and great for us... I've heard you don't want to take more then 2 tblspns of oils a day.
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options
    Thank you for all of the good support, you ladies have great snack and meal ideas for me.

As I posted before...I fixed my chicken...l entered it wrong..get a life besides giving someone crap. Why don't you help out for once instead of talking crap.

Haters, get away hahaha. I don't need your negative attitudes.

If you don't have any yummy foods to contribute, I don't want you here. I'm adding more to my diet, I just wanted some ideas of what MFP people do :)
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options
    I added in my shake and what not...some extras :)

I'm gonna be right on once I add in my exercise....so I'm gonna add even a little more to that to make sure I'm getting ENOUGH :)
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options
    I'm not a little girl, but you have a nice day lady!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Good job on the protein!
  • bowlinmoe
    bowlinmoe Posts: 7
    Options
    Almonds are a great snack that will add to your calories and good fats (along with some protein).
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    There are tons of rude people and jerks on MFP but there's also lots of nice and helpful people too. Just ignore the rude ones! You posted on here for help because you recognized you aren't eating enough calories and the unconstructive, rude criticism is just ridiculous. Fine tuning your diet and caloric intake can work, especially if you are making big changes.

I have had trouble meeting my calories in the past too (especially just starting out when I was trying to learn what was healthy and trying to avoid anything that was potentially "bad" or higher in calories. Also healthier food just fills me up more). But I've started doing what some of the other posters suggested- switching to a higher fat milk, eating more avocados and nuts (and peanut butter!). There are still plenty of times at the end of the day that I have 500+ calories to eat (and I don't want to splurge on ice cream or something on a regular basis to meet them so I start hunting for other stuff to meet the need and plan better). Since I've upped my calories this last week the scale finally budged again.
  • katewillbethinx2
    Options
    Thank you for all of the good support, you ladies have great snack and meal ideas for me.

As I posted before...I fixed my chicken...l entered it wrong..get a life besides giving someone crap. Why don't you help out for once instead of talking crap.

Haters, get away hahaha. I don't need your negative attitudes.

If you don't have any yummy foods to contribute, I don't want you here. I'm adding more to my diet, I just wanted some ideas of what MFP people do :)

Haters!? Please....silly little girl. You posted this bull$hiittt..on an OPEN forum.....I'll contribute whatever the "F-Bomb" I please....

Don't like it!?

Tuffnutz:-/

Seriously.. just eat more.. food is good. People have ripped me apart on these forums and they will to you too. Just be teflon and let it slide right off. So yeah, tough nuts... why not go eat some now? They're a great protein packed calorie dense snack!