how often do you step on the scale?

Options
hi everyone, i have been only weighing myself once a month the same time and date, well as close as i can get with either the 1st or 2nd of every month only. i also do my measurements at this time.

how often do you weigh yourself?or do measurements if you do? thanks!

Replies

• ItIsJessMe
    ItIsJessMe Posts: 19
    Options
    Every single morning, but I only count it as a weight loss if I get roughly the same result 3 days in a row (to the nearest pound). I find my weight fluctuates so much that if I only weighed myself once a month I would never know if it was an accurate reading.
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    mine goes up and down as well so this is why i picked once a month lol. i go by measurements mostly,
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week (on Mondays)..and measure every month.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    3 times a week. I like to play soft music, light candles, really set the mood.
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    every morning ~
  • amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Every couple of days!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Keeps me honest and on track....
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    every morning.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    spring summer fall winter
  • beverly5534
    Options
    Every day
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    The more the number goes down....the more often =p That is just for encouragement though.. I've never actually had the weight come off! I was doing it on Fridays, a weigh in, but I'm switching to Monday mornings because that is day 1 of the week.. =) Do it 2nd thing in the morning.. potty first, weigh 2nd then go eat something. That is how you get your 'truest' weight. =)
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    I weigh myself every dy. I feel this helps me keep my sodium intake on track. That extra slice of pizza may have me under on calories, but way over on salt.
  • Clontarf57
    Clontarf57 Posts: 4
    Options
    Seldom, maybe once every couple of months. The scale is only a number, how I feel in my clothes is the real test for me.

I have one pair of pants I really love and last year I couldn't close them. Now I can and they feel comfortable and that's the best result for me.

If I weigh myself too often, I become obsessed with numbers, the number I am, the number I want to be, the number I need to lose. I much prefer seeing the results in the clothes I wear.
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    jeez now i feel like im not doing it enough.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

pretty much me right there...I weighed myself on April 30th and prior to that sometime in October...
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Every week, when I am at the doctor. I don't own a scale.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

pretty much me right there...I weighed myself on April 30th and prior to that sometime in October...

I look at each season as the new phase. Three months do this! Take start weight and measurements. Then the next season starts, with new weather, sports, challenges, preferences- start over! new phase! new weight/measurements!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Every day,, but I only record it on mondays I have an official weigh in once a week.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Every. Freaking. Day.

Sometimes more than once a day if I don't like the first results.
  • sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning at home and my trainer weighs me once a week