If you were on a plane, and there were kids near by..

Options
dictations
dictations Posts: 199
And, you're the kid of person that curses like a sailor, would you censor yourself, or curse no matter who's around you?

Replies

• bellaboo07
    bellaboo07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i think its manners not to regardless if you swear a lot or not!
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    When I was younger no, now that I"m a parent and I already self-censure . . . yes. It's about how you are as a person, people change and do things they might not have.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    As a parent of a five-year-old, I would hope the person would censor him or herself...
  • AprilPayne24
    Options
    Yes. Be mindful of young ears, absolutely.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Censor. It's good manners.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    let every curse word in the book fly
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I prefer to not curse even when there are no kids present.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends on how the kid is acting and how the parents are parenting their kid. But generally, I don't curse as much anymore.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Ditto.

Of course, if one of those kids cusses me out like a little punk, I can always revert back to my sailor days.

:laugh:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I think it's just good manners not to curse around someone you don't know very well, lest they be offended by it.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have this problem when I am at football matches. I swear like a trooper, but I try not to do so in front of kids. Don't want them to pick up bad habits or to end up having their mouths washed out with soap & water like I did as a 10 year old.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Yep, this, and would always be extra-careful in front of children.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldnt say anything but my out-spoken partner would.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I'd keep it curbed... I do not want to teach a 2 year old to say ****.....
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I never talk on planes, I just put on my noise cancelling headphones and zone out. But if I were to talk, I absolutely would not censor myself. And it would probably be to tell the parents to shut their kids up as I am trying to sleep.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I never talk on planes, I just put on my noise cancelling headphones and zone out. But if I were to talk, I absolutely would not censor myself. And it would probably be to tell the parents to shut their kids up as I am trying to sleep.

lol
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    My own kids tend to hear it from me (not my sailor husband ironically). However, I watch what I say around other children and adults if I don't know them well. I actually said a few mild words in front of my therapist recently. I was pretty upset that day. :explode:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I try to censor myself. I do swear on the occasion, especially if I am angry. However, I think swearing in public is just so rude - kids or no kids!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I don't normally swear when I am in public or in front of anyone. I find it rude to do so. Especially if there are children nearby.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've got a horrible mouth. I don't know how many times I've been told I talk like a sailor. BUT, I sensor myself in ALL situations. Whether it's kids or other adults. Anytime its mixed company I try to make it a point to be good about. It offends some people and I'd prefer not to be THAT person. My friends are the ones that get to enjoy my colorful tongue :happy: