• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Exercise.

If that fails, drink rum.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I feel you (especially with the unrequited crush)

When I'm feeling down I tend to either have a nap (not always possible), treat myself to something non-food - such as a manicure (the place near my house charges $7) or I make lists. I'll just plan something, even something small like my day tomorrow, and that takes my focus off of what is upsetting me, at least for a while.

Feel better! :)

hmm yes lists are good. I have week off work next week, I can make of list of all the happy thigns ill be doing instead of working!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    One word: poopsnacks.
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    Exercise.

If that fails, drink rum.

Both great ideas. I threw weights around this morning beofre work and I have an Ultimate game tonight :)
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It used to be eating, hence why I'm here.
    Now I buy shoes and/or drink. Lots.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hookers and Blow

Works every time.
    Ah, the Charlie sheen approach! Great idea!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    The.Stranger.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Hookers and Blow

Works every time.
    Yep, beat me to it this time \m/
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I youtube people falling
  • CDR35
    CDR35 Posts: 3
    Options
    I like clubbing baby seals. That's my "go to" therapy. If that doesn't help, I'll try to find some old tires to burn or sometimes if things are really bad I'll go find some spotted owls to shoot. THAT always makes me feel better
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I used to grab the sweetest thing I could find in my house and eat it until it was gone. Or grab some rum and have a couple of beverages.
    Now I have found if I put on my headphones, throw some really thumping music on and take a fast paced walk I can usually outwalk the blues. It is amazing how much better I feel. It gives my brain time to work through what is making me sad or down and I feel so good after.
    And there is also the bonus of working off calaries instead of piling them on.
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    I youtube people falling

Hmm this approach just might work
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I like to read quotes (QuoteGarden.com, BrainyQuote.com, etc.), specific to the issue at hand. It puts everything back into perspective, for me, anyway.

I also like to visit: PositivelyPositive.com

And then there's the music -- but it has to be feel-good music.

I try to remind myself that somewhere out there, someone has it much worse, so I pause to reflect and give thanks for all that is good in my life.

Putting out those good vibes to get likewise . . . what goes around . . . . :flowerforyou:
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It may be TMI but I *kitten* when I am depressed:blushing: , then I sleep on the sofa for a bit. I have noticed this pattern throughout my life, although I also recognise that the disturbed sleep pattern doesn't help me in the long run. Other than that, I luv a good soak in the tub with an interesting book:smile:

Russ
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    RUn RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

Nothing picks you up like runner's high.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Drunken pushups:
    http://youtu.be/6egOIvEr9n4
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Leg Press

Moving that much weight makes me giggle like a school girl, which invariably attracts some interesting glances from others.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I just blast some upbeat music and clean/organize my apartment. Puts me in a good mood and the mood lasts longer with a cleaner living space. :)
  • Pheonix2012
    Pheonix2012 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    love it.. Your awesome :laugh:
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    I wrap a few ghosts around the bar and lift until they decide to disappear. :laugh: Or at least that's what I should do. Usually I eat. :ohwell: I'm working on conquering that habit. :smile: