what do you do to lift your spirits?

Options

Replies

• EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hookers and Blow

Works every time.

hahahaha! The fact that a girl said this makes me smile :)
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I like to google "people of walmart" and look at all the picutres. I always feel more attractive, wealthy and intelligent in comparison.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Music, workouts and wine.

In that order. :drinker:
  • CDR35
    CDR35 Posts: 3
    Options
    Music, workouts and wine.

In that order. :drinker:

You should start with the wine. It'd make the workouts more entertaining.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I hit people
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I like to google "people of walmart" and look at all the picutres. I always feel more attractive, wealthy and intelligent in comparison.

Great idea :)
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I like to watch youtube videos about happy stories. Like the Ellen show, or people proposing to their girlfriends. I'm kind of suffering the same thing about life. I'm down about being unemployed. But I can't help what I have no control over, no use in fretting over it, right?

Hope this helps!

Youtube videos are a great idea. I usualy go for the cute kitten/ puppy vids.

Thanks!

Well, then, you probably would enjoy watching Julie Andrews do her thing in Mary Poppins and Sound of Music! How can you not be uplifted after watching Mary and Bert sing "Jolly Holiday" and Maria singing about her favorite things, not to mention the Do-Re-Mi number -- makes me happy every time!
  • kmomentroberts
    Options
    I have discovered this thing called Emotional Freedom Technique and it helps with the why of why we do what we do; be that over eating, not excercising, not achieving, body pain or whatever! I recently learned that because I grew up in domestic violence, and because I was so small, I felt useless, unimportant, powerless...The one event that has plagued me since childhood was December 1981 when Michael Jackson released the Thriller album, my mom and her then boyfriend came home from celebrating the new year and got into a big fight. I remember being so scared as I watched everything unfold, but I was too little to help my mom, all I could do was scream and cry.

All those feelings about myself has been with me since my childhood and are at the core of my overeating and basic laziness--I was coping with those feelings about myself by thinking I could control my eating. EFT helps me to recognize how I feel about a certain thing then reconfirm that just because I feel this way or that way, I do not have to be victim to those feelings, I allow myself to release those feelings and I get to a better place and its okay. The EFT concept is based in accupuncute because you end up tapping on areas that release the stress of any particular emotion you are feeling until it dissipates. I've only been doing it for a few days, and I am more at peace with myself because I choose how to respond to the emotional stimuli that I experience. For instance, just yesterday morning I woke up feeling all bad because I'm so swollen from having a tummy tuck and I'm not seeing the results that I would like to see despite looking 100 times better with the extra skin gone. It made me anxious and upset...I got out of my bed and went into the bathroom and began tapping on the tap points: between the eyebrows, under the eyes, under the nose, chin, and the karate chop points. I told myself this: Even though I do not see the final results from my surgery, I completely love and accept myself. Even though I am not sure how the final results will look, even though I have not stuck to a particular eating change like I want, I release myself from all anxiety, and disappointment. I release the stress of feeling like it has to happen now, I release disappointment and the stress of not being able to control these results. Before long I was absolutely calm and peaceful. The burning sensation in my stomach that comes as a result of being stressed was gone and the emotional distress was gone. Check out the website :eftuniverse.com and see for yourself. I use it for exercise to remind me that its not a race, and I can do it because my body loves it, I release the panic of pushing myself farther in my exercise than I've been pushed for the last two years, and I envision what I will look like in the end when I reach my goal weight, I envision my body's response to the need for more energy production while I'm on the elliptical and I see the furnace of my metabolism burning the fat that is stored to provide the energy my working body needs. And I envision thick black smoke which is a result of burning lots of unwanted and unneeded stored fat. I get through the workout and feel better about having pushed myself.

I too do not have a job, and being that I am about to graduate with my master's its especially frustrating, but I tell myself that it does not speak to my value as a potential employee that I have not gotten a job, keep applying, keep moving forward and don't get discouraged because I just have not come across the job for me just yet. It helps me to be in control of my emotions because sometimes they run rampant and it causes too much stress. Being in control means controlling those things that I can control and now, I better at doing that. Sorry for such a long post, but I hope it helps someone out there. Good luck to us all in this journey!
  • hopeC12
    hopeC12 Posts: 38
    Options
    Ohh yeah! LOLcats and Failblog are the best for a quick pickup!
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Think about something you have to look forward to. If you don't have anything to look forward to right now, make plans to do something fun later that day or in the near future. It could be something as small as trying a new exercise at the gym or if you need it to be food related, try cooking a new, healthy recipe (rather than reaching for junk food)!
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    RUn RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

Nothing picks you up like runner's high.

or this ;)
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    I'm thinking I might just buy a puppy.....
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    RUn RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

Nothing picks you up like runner's high.

or this ;)

Love running... will be sure to log ~8k at ultimate tongiht.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    a new purse. cheaper than a puppy.
    a new playlist to get me to the gym to get some endorphines.
    a 5 mi quickie run
    fresh flowers on the table
    coffee ad a cig on my front steps in the sunshine
    sniff something pepperminty
    flirt
    some quick self-love
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I lift
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    LMFAO. Watch the video for Party Rock Anthem or Sexy and I Know It on YouTube. Better the Prozac.

Running puts me in a good state of mind, too. And being in nature. So the run I just did, careening down a mountain trail in the woods, while listening to LMFAO and singing along, "Patron on the rocks and I'm ready for some shots..." has me in a happy place.

A good book (or a really TRASHY book!) combined with a raft in a pool or lounge chair in the sunshine or a bubble bath if Mother Nature is being disagreeable. Indulgent without a big expense.

Figure out things that will improve your quality of life, even if it's in a minor way. A new haircut or color, a new sheet and comforter set for your bed, a fresh coat of paint on the walls, even something reorganizing your cupboards or closet, while not FUN, gives a sense of accomplishment and makes your life easier.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I turn on some fun funky music and just dance, dance, dance.

YEAH!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Makeover stories & yoga usually helps.
  • Mnm1983
    Mnm1983 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I get on MRP and read all the wonderful stories people share...then I tell my self to believe in the process.
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I talk to close friends and get my head out of myself, and at times that doesn't work so then I decide to go out and hit the pavement with a jog don't stop til I feel better and sometimes i have to run hard but lately haven't had to run too hard, just run... like today I needed out and i got out, but once out there realized it was hot and windy, didn't turn around or give up though. I was trying to do 6 miles but could only do 5.5 with the time I had and could find out to stretch it out another mile had already went full circle...

I have to admit though I am feeling better, might add a Zumba video later on today just to dance the rest off.