Just messed up BIG time :(

Options
124»

Replies

• itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I ate over double my calories yesterday.

And not even healthily. I had a terrible hangover, so I had a greasy fried egg bagel sandwich for breakfast, a bag of Doritos with my sandwich at lunch, and a big ole piece of calzone for dinner.

And I still felt crummy enough (from the hangover!) that I didn't go to the gym at all either.

And you know what? I don't feel bad, and you shouldn't either! It's one day. You're allowed to "mess up" every now and then. One day doesn't ruin your progress, doesn't mean you've failed. Just have tomorrow be a new day.
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    Hang in there!!!! We all mess up from time to time. Just try to remember how bad you are feeling right now the next time you want to do something like that.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I have allowed myself to indulge and just take a vacation from logging and weighing every single thing for the past week or so. And I hadn't felt like working out with the same enthusiam as I had been. I texted my trainer hoping he'd strong-arm me into getting back with it, and he said to just take the weekend off.. recharge my batteries and get back with it Monday morning. Which is exactly what I did. I know the scale will suffer for it, because I went out with friends for pizza, had some chocolate cream pie, indulged in fast food, and of course the drinking. But I had a great time not worrying about it everytime I went out with a friend or family member and I enjoyed being lazy and visiting the "dark side." I know the weigh in I have this afternoon will suffer for it... but I'm not going to stress over it. I'm not in a weight-loss race and this is a lifelong process. He was right. I needed a break and I'm back to being fully committed again.

Enjoy your Mexican food or whatever else calls you from time to time. Life and all it has to offer is to be enjoyed!

Fair warning... I'm always 5lbs heavier in the afternoon. Don't freak out if you experience something similar. I try to weigh first thing in the morning, and only log it on Fridays, which are my lightest days... ;)
  • sassydebbie67
    Options
    I totally just pigged out on Mexican food, and of course, am feeling SO guilty!!! WHY do I do this?!?! UGH...

Just did that yesterday! Just move on and cut back on calories and workout hard...
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You did it because Mexican food is irresistible! And it does not need to be a "mistake" or "setback." It's one of those recurring incidents that are part of real life. Learning how to cope/correct it is the life lesson. You just put it behind you and pick up where you left off. If it makes you feel better, bump up your workouts for a day or two.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    dotti I've been there soooo many times. Don't hate yourself. Move on and keep looking forward, and next time you want to "pig out", remind yourself of this moment.
  • TakeMyTai
    TakeMyTai Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It happens, I had Chinese food last night. I've learned that entertaining a less-than-ideal meal from time to time keeps me sane and dedicated the other 99% of the time.

I've found that this is very true, not only for helping me stay the course, but I found that if I have plateaued, the not-so-good meal actually helps kick start me. Do not weight yourself directly after the 'bad' meal, but wait two - three days of regular diet and excerise and I find that I broke the plateau and started losing weight again. But that is just me and the way my body works.
  • AloveYourself
    Options
    I had chinese food 2 days ago then leftovers the next day.... i pushed myself hard and hiked and biked for 4 hours on yesterday to make up for it though.....
    its all about balance... it was worth it to treat myself to the food because i worked out hard afterwards... i made a trade off with myself .
  • katykosto
    katykosto Posts: 80
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has said anything like this yet as I didnt read others posts but its actually GOOD for your body to randomly take in excess calories once in a blue moon cause it throws your body for a loop and makes it work harder just dont make it a habit =]
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It keeps your body guessing. Look up 'Calorie Cycling' on google and read up.
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Log it, hydrate, hydrate. Oh, and hydrate.
  • fullagrace
    fullagrace Posts: 75
    Options
    Just don't give up.

Giving up on your diet because you got off track, is like noticing a crack in your cell phone and then smashing it to bits