HELP ME STOP THIS TERRIBLE PATTERN PLEASE

Options
124»

Replies

• JohnnyKitty
    JohnnyKitty Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    it seems to me that your mind and your body are in disagreement. It sounds to me like your 2hr workout is burning off most, if not all, of the calories you are consuming...that means you are putting your body into starvation mode. That is why you eat everything you can get your hands on after losing the weight.

What should I do then, if when I eat more I gain weight and if I eat less I binge? Should I just maintain? :/

the instant weight gain you get is water and glycogen, it's not fat. When you undereat you use up your body's reserves of glycogen, and glycogen is stored with water in the body, so the initial weight losses on a starvation diet are all water/glycogen. Then as soon as you eat anything approaching a reasonable amount of calories for your body's needs, the first thing your body does is replenish your glycogen stores along with all the water, and yes you put on weight instantly, but *it's not fat*.

My sincere advice to you is to understand that it's not weight that counts when it comes to looking good, it's body composition (i.e. body fat percentage). Try to preserve your lean body mass. Healthy bones and muscles are heavier than unhealthy ones, and it's a good goal to try to be as heavy as you can while being a desired dress size. What you want is less body fat, what's going to make your body look good is healthy toned muscles and strong bones and general good health. The way you're currently going you'll be losing bone and muscle mass (which will slow your metabolism) while being continually frustrated by your desire to binge, which comes from not eating enough. If you continue in this cycle then you could be damaging your metabolism and setting yourself up for yo-yo dieting and fat gain later on.

You are really beautiful already, I don't think you need to do a lot to be honest, if you're not happy with how you look then maintaining your current dress size while toning up and eating properly is the way to go. You may put on weight, but *it's not weight that counts* some of the fittest most stunning looking women are actually a fair bit *heavier* than they look, e.g. they may be 130lb in reality but people take them for being 110 or 115 and refuse to believe that they're as heavy as they are, because they have healthy and strong (and well toned) muscles and bones and a low-normal body fat percentage, so they really look a lot lighter and fit into smaller dress sizes than some women who are actually lighter than them.

This is EXCELLENT advice.

OP, please listen to this. What you're doing is seriously counterproductive to your long term goals. IF your goal is to be at a healthy weight for you, and achieve it in a safe and healthy manner, you need to feed your body, potentially a lot more. You may initially "gain weight" ( as explained above), but once your body has replenished its depleted resources, you will lose again, in a safe and sustainable manner.

If, as the poster above explained, your plan is to lower body fat while maintaining muscle mass, consider dropping all that cardio in favor strength training.

The problem is, I'm an athlete training in figure skating so I have no choice but to do tons of cardio. :/
    I barely ever have time to do strength training unless I'm conditioning.
    And I am planning to do the eat more thing so that I can lose long term weight (:
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    OP...

i think you need to stop coming on here asking for help to lose that 5 pounds.. you need to go and talk to your doctor.. maybe read to him the posts you make here.. and ask him what he thinks.

YOU HAVE AN EATING DISORDER. i am not saying you have one in particular.. but you have personal self hate issues and need to realize.. two- five pounds diffrence isnt going to make you skinner or fatter.. what you need to do is stop working about what the scale says and start looking at yourself and realize what it is about you that you do like..

until you figure that out you will never be happy.. when you get down to 120... you will still not love yourself.. you will then think that you need to go down to 115.. and so on and so on..

Please seak proffesional help and stop using this website to get your answers. You will never find a person on here that says you are ok for doing what you are doing. You have a serious problem.. and all you are doing is setting yourself up for metabolism issues and mental health issues for your future.

You are a good person.. and as soon as you figure out that you will be a good person at 125 as you would be 120 you will be happier.
    find your happiness within you.. not a scale.. that scale will never love you.. it will never make your self worth better....

i wish you the best hun.. you need to start to look within...