EASY BREAKFAST

Options
breakfast is the most important meal of the day, or at least some say it is. so...what is your favourite breakfast food? (that is obviously healthy and worth the calories!)

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I like a cup of Fiber One Shredded Wheat, a tablespoon of Simply Jif and a banana. Roughly 400 calories.

Or, sometimes two eggs and an english muffin. Around 320 calories.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Raspberries, strawberries and blueberries with vanilla yogurt and All Bran with vanilla Almond Breeze.
    359 calories, filling and yummy
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    I usually will have either low sugar oatmeal with skim milk or egg whites on wheat toast.
    My FAVORITE is the sampler platter at the Cracker Barrel...oh well:grumble:
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    English muffin (the right start kind)
    Peanut butter 2 tbsp
    One Kiwi

It is so good put together. I do toasted engish muffin with peanut butter on each side with slices of kiwi on each side. Very good!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    2 Large Eggs w/ lowfat cheddar cheese
    6 slices (1 serving) shaved deli honey ham
    1/2 cup whole strawberries

250 calories and chock full of protein to keep you full! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • planetcitygirl73
    planetcitygirl73 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had been eating Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast all the time. Even though it's actually a decent choice as far as cereals go, it was boring and I got hungry within 2 hours after eating it. So the past week I've been making fruit parfaits with yogurt and granola. It really fills me up and I find I have more energy to start the day. It's super simple to make:

3/4 cup of fat free, plain or vanilla yogurt
    1/4 cup raspberries
    1/4 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup Kellog's Low Fat Granola (without raisins)

Just layer in a tall glass starting with a fruit on the bottom, then 1/4 cup yogurt, then 1/4 cup granola, then repeat the yogurt and fruit and granola once more. Both the kinds of fruit and the brand of granola can be switched for what you prefer, but that's just what I use.

My version (made with the Walmart brand yogurt), comes to 325 calories, 64g carbs, 3g fat, 12g protein and 6g fiber. If you find the carbs high, only use 1/4 of the granola instead of 1/2 cup.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup grape nuts
    1/2 cup 2%
    handful of cherries (Don't spit the pitts back into the bowl,,,).
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, strawberries, vanilla protein powder and 9 almonds
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    2-3 egg omelot with spinach, mushrooms, fat free cheese, and a few slices of lean lunch meat!!! And I usually pour green tabasco on it :smooched:
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    2-3 egg omelot with spinach, mushrooms, fat free cheese, and a few slices of lean lunch meat!!! And I usually pour green tabasco on it :smooched:

Oh, and sometimes if I just make it a two egger, I have a low carb, high protein shake with it!!!
  • Scottslass
    Scottslass Posts: 76
    Options
    water melon, 1 plum and 1 kiwi 136 calories
  • Tinker73
    Tinker73 Posts: 45
    Options
    Most times my breakfast consists of :1/2 cup of egg creations (Garden vegetable) which I scramble along with it 1 piece of toast with 1 tablespoon of light peanutbutter,1 cup of cucumbers with Tzatziki sauce and a bowl of mixed berries. My breakfast comes to 354 calories and is very filling.:drinker:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    PB&J on Carb Right 7 grain bread, with a 1/2 cup of melon. Peanut butter is reduced fat and I love sugar free marmalade :flowerforyou: .

Or, one hard boiled egg, three patties ready-to-serve canadian bacon, a 1/2 cup of melon, along with one slice of 7 grain Carb Right toast with I can't believe it's not butter spray and sugar marmalade on it. Very filling!
  • daywater
    daywater Posts: 20
    Options
    1 piece of low calorie whole grain toast (no butter),
    1 Morning Star veggie sausage patty,
    and 1 c. of skim milk...
    ... Reward: one large cup of strong coffee with a treat of full flavored coffee mate creamer

140137.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I try a different break fast every week.

Some examples:
    Grits with Brummel & Brown yogurt spread
    2 morning star farm s soy sausage links

Weight Control Oatmeal
    1 morning star farms soy sausage patty

1 english muffin with Brummer & Brown yogurt spread
    1 morning star farms soy sausage patty

1 100 calorie plain Thomas' bagel
    half with 2 tablespoons of hummus
    half with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese (today I used honey walnut)

1 piece of toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (sometimes reduced fat sometimes FULL strength :wink: )
    Either morning star farms soy links or pattie depending on my mood

Not often some kind of egg thing (this weekend I made an egg strattra with onions, green, red and yellow peppers, turkey bacon and cheddar cheese).

:happy:
  • mdgoodwin0415
    Options
    I always drink boost nutritional energy drink with high protein. If feels me up, taste and good and is good for me..
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    A serving of cereal with 1/2 cup 2% milk, 6 strawberries, 1 toast- 12 grain or ancient grains bread, light peanut butter, 1/2 cup orange juice. :smile:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    I usually eat oatmeal (not the instant sugary kind) with either raisins or banana or just plain with splenda (though I'm slowly weaning myself off of it). I also have one cup of coffee with fat free vanilla creamer.

I've also eaten different types of cereals like oat bran, mini wheats, etc, yogurt, or hummus and crackers. Lately I've been eating oatmeal to go bars because we have a couple of cases free here at work. They are good but too sweet and too processed lol.
  • charyne
    charyne Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't really have time for breakfast, but I try to make sure I eat it. I love lowfat yogurt with a serving of dry grape nuts mixed in. Also, I enjoy mixing 2 egg whites, a diced green onion, and salt and pepper together, then microwaving it (I know, I had never microwaved an egg before, but it cuts out fat) until done, scrambling it, then putting it into a whole wheat pita pocket with salsa. It is amazing!!
  • iluvbread
    iluvbread Posts: 104
    Options
    venti skinny carmel latte and fruit