EASY BREAKFAST

Replies

• Oatmeal (the real kind) with an added egg and black sesame seeds (enough to make the oatmeal grey in color) with a cup of soy milk. :smile: Sometimes I add fruit (like blueberries) to the oatmeal if it's feeling too plain. Breakfast for me is never complicated. It's a jumpstart for your day with fiber, calcium, and a good proportion of carb, protein, and fat.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    If I'm on the go in the A.M. I toast a Whole Grain English Muffin and put on a lil' natural Peanut butter. I always have coffee too!
    If I have time- Kashi multi-grain waffles....with REAL, organic, grade B Maple Syrup and I savor every bite cuz that syrup is expensive! lol
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    1/2 cup of Fibre1 Cereal or 1/2 cup of cheerios with 1/2 cup of 1% or Soy milk.
    Blueberries or strawberries if in the house.
    or
    Protein shake with 1/2 cup of milk, water and powder
    or
    2 pieces of 12 grain toasted with 1tbsp of peanut butter.
  • I like a cup of Fiber One Shredded Wheat, a tablespoon of Simply Jif and a banana. Roughly 400 calories.

Or, sometimes two eggs and an english muffin. Around 320 calories.

Fiber One may have 70 cal but it is chock full of fake sweetners! it also makes u fart!! pu!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    I like a cup of Fiber One Shredded Wheat, a tablespoon of Simply Jif and a banana. Roughly 400 calories.

Or, sometimes two eggs and an english muffin. Around 320 calories.

Fiber One may have 70 cal but it is chock full of fake sweetners! it also makes u fart!! pu!

LMAO!!!
  • LeanLioness
    My favorite breakfast is:

3 eggs fried in coconut oil
    2 patties of my home made sage sausage
    Organic Coffee and water
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    I have sultana bran or fruit & fibre with skimmed milk and a piece of fruit.

Sometimes I have a bagel with marmite!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    My fave at the moment is-

Oats so simple Porridge w/ Organic Museli and half a banana (choped up before the porridge goes in the microwave so its all soft)

:love:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member

Organic Coffee and water

You think High Fructose Corn Syrup is poison, and you eat 700 miligrams of cholesterol at one sitting?!?! Wow,,,, :drinker:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Steel cut oatmeal
    1/2 cup fruit
    Chobani yogurt
    Tea or cafe au lait

or

Morningstar Farms 'bacon'
    Slice of Ezekiel bread with PB
    Soy milk
  • LeanLioness

Organic Coffee and water

You think High Fructose Corn Syrup is poison, and you eat 700 miligrams of cholesterol at one sitting?!?! Wow,,,, :drinker:

Coconut oil is the earths most healthy oil and if you would look at my bloodwork in my signature, which will soon be updated with more blood work, my cholesterol, triglycerides, A1C and everything are better since this is my breakfast 7 days a week.............

I eat saturated fat too, and lot of it because I eat the chicken skin and the fat on my juicy ribeye steaks.

My cholesterol is going down even eating the way I do,.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    One thomas multigrain light english muffin (100 cal, 8g fiber, 5g protein) zapped in the microwave for 25 seconds with 6 slices oscar meyer shaved ham (45 cal, 9g protein).... add a dab of light mayo!

The protein and fiber take me far.

On the weekends, 2 scrambled eggs with no butter or oil and very little milk or water (sometimes more egg whites) over a piece of whole wheat toast with salsa!

Also I usually snack on fruit like an apple in the morning.
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    I take one-half cup of instant oatmeal and mix it with one-half cup of egg whites and pour it into a frying pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and make a pancake. I usually top it with cinnamon, and sometimes some sugar free syrup or one-half bannana.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member

Organic Coffee and water

Coconut oil is the earths most healthy oil and if you would look at my bloodwork in my signature, which will soon be updated with more blood work, my cholesterol, triglycerides, A1C and everything are better since this is my breakfast 7 days a week.............

I eat saturated fat too, and lot of it because I eat the chicken skin and the fat on my juicy ribeye steaks.

That's amazing. If I ate like that I'd probably be dead in a week.

Whatever works for you,,,
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    I have 2 favorite breakfast....I usually switch off and on during the week.

Smoothie: 1/4 c blueberries,1/4 c raspberries,1/4 c blackberries, 2-3 strawberries,sometimes a half of a banana....1/2 c of nonfat plain yogurt a TBSP of honey! Blend that up and MMMMN Tasty!!!

Or

Rudi organic whole grain english muffin W/ 2 egg whites and a half of a piece of 2% Kraft American Singles. I spray english muffin with I can't believe its not butter spray! With that I eat a 1/4 c of blueberries.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,506 Member
    This is my favorite and is quick.

1 whole egg poached
    1 slice reduced fat cheese
    1 pc turkey bacon (heated in microwave)
    1 whole wheat english muffin toasted

I will have a small can of V-8 juice with this. I actually ate this combo this morning. :smile:
  • mamajess1
    mamajess1 Posts: 13
    I usually go with a low-sugar oatmeal or a beakfast sandwich on a english muffin
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    My favorite is 2 slices whole grain cinnamon raisin bread topped with Skippy Natural and a banana. I usually have oj with it.
  • I eat a Fiber One Bar - yummy, sweet (but not too high for carb count) and the fiber is a great way to start out the day :wink: and they travel well!

I also recently discovered the Special K protein drinks and they are good too.

I usually have no time to make anything and whatever I have, I eat in the car so it needs to be prepackaged and portable.

These both fill those needs. Plus they are tasty :smile:
  • LeanLioness

Organic Coffee and water

That's amazing. If I ate like that I'd probably be dead in a week.

Whatever works for you,,,

Um, no you wouldn't, LOL.................I used to have that same mind set, until I tried it by the recommendation of my Dr and I was proven wrong........................................

There is actually a topic about it now that someone is saying the EXACT same things I have been saying all along.............

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/60768-eat-more-fat?page=1#posts-730006
This discussion has been closed.