Thoughts on SHAKEOLOGY

Options
Has anyone heard of , or tried Shakeology? Any good?

People at work are doing it. Im slowly getting convinced to buy it, but man is it ever expensive. Is it really worth the 120+ dollars for only a months supply?

Replies

• ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am wondering too. I got invited to start with a group of ladies. But $120 for some shake I may not like isn't a good idea and is this some sort of miracle drink or what? lol
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Danger, Will Robinson. Multi-level marketing.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Replying to Ichorica :

Yeah exactly. I think there is a guarantee though that if you do not see results in a month, you can return the bag (even if its empty!) and they'll give you a refund apparently. But yeah 120 a month seems a little excessive. I heard also that if you get a few bags , you get one free or something like that (so basically, get your friends involved and buy the bags, and get yours free! hahah) . Ill have to follow up on that though.

Oh and i do know one of my co workers, shes pretty big, doesn't exercise ( sometimes will walk on treadmill though ) and has the shake at lunch only i believe. For dinner, she does not limit herself to healthy food, and she has lost 10lbs in 2 months. Although i would not suggest doing that, i mean, its a lot of money here, why do a half *kitten* job?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    no, do not be suckered into buying stupid things.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    You are paying the incomes for others who have nothing to do your purchase. That's why it's so expensive. $120 can buy a weeks worth of real food. Not just one "meal" a day. Don't buy into the hype, you can lose weight without it. Many here have.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've found that the people who sell Shakeology and many other weight loss shake products are not entirely truthful about the nutritional contents of their own product, much less the contents of the competitions' products when doing comparisons. Out of all of them, I've found Shakeology reps to be the most dishonest. Because of this, even if it were a miracle product, I would not give them my money.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Is it really worth the 120+ dollars for only a months supply?

Nope
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

Nope
    It's worth more, way more. If you have children sell them so you can get this miracle powder. A little birdie told me if you snort it you lose twice as much weight. It's all in the delivery;-)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

Nope
    It's worth more, way more. If you have children sell them so you can get this miracle powder. A little birdie told me if you snort it you lose twice as much weight. It's all in the delivery;-)

Damn! I wish I would have known about this before I swapped my kids for beans...:grumble:
  • AmyG17
    AmyG17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First off I am NOT a coach :) I do drink this product and I do believe in it. I do not use it as a weight loss tool more for the nutritional value. I have not been sick in over a year and I am a mother of two kiddos who bring all those good germs home. I do not buy it form a beachbody coach I buy it from beachbodies website. Some coaches can be a pushy and want you to buy anything from them just to make money and build their pyramid. i only use a half a scoop so it lasts me two months. Its was too rich for me for a full scoop like it calls for. It is a lot of money that is true, but I think its worth it if you can afford it :) Hope this helps :)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    For those with more knowledge of this product than I have, what could I get from a beachbody shake that I couldn't (much more cheaply) get from a protein shake and some fruit or a mulit-vitamin?
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    An overpriced meal replacement, can't believe people actually pay good money for this? Really?

Try Reflex diet whey or their meal replacement progen for a better alternative at a fraction of the cost.

Or you could try eating healthy food. Just a thought.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    For those with more knowledge of this product than I have, what could I get from a beachbody shake that I couldn't (much more cheaply) get from a protein shake and some fruit or a mulit-vitamin?

A feeling of self-importance
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I buy it but the money is not an issue for me *shrugs*

I'm cancelling my auto-delivery though. It comes in handy for when I'm running out the door or too lazy to cook. But the taste is not as good as the GNC version which is a fraction of the price.
  • hparker2
    hparker2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The body absorbs more of the vitamins and healthy stuff that is in shakeology differently than in pill form. I drink shakeology every day at lunch and love it. I have seem great results and it helps me add more protein to my diet. I have used various weight loss and protein supplements over the last several years. GNC protein powders are good and you can get them low calorie, however they don't contain the vitamins, probiotics and superfoods. I have also taken pills that are supossed to help fat burning ( i know they are bad for you, but back then i didn't think that far). Those didn't work for me, they just made my heart race until i got very sick from them. To be honest, i have seem more muscle definition in the 3 months i have taken shakeology than I ever saw in the years of taking any other protein shake. My workouts have been slightly different also. Before i did lots of cardio and i did do some mild lifting, squats, ect. Now i am almost done with the turbofire program and contemplating insanity. If you choose to try shakeology they do offer a bottom of the bag garantee, where after 30 days if your not satisfied you can return it (less s&h).
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is a very expensive, useless meal replacement shake. There's nothing in it that you can't get, in much higher quality, for much less money, from other sources. It's essentially a ridiculously expensive multivitamin, and even then, it's not that good.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Shakeology = overpriced.

Get a tub of whey and a multi, profit. Acg made a great post about this detailing some recommended options for replacements including (if I remember correctly) the efficacy and price of various options (wheys and multis).
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you have lots of money to blow then go for it.

I got Aftermax instead.
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    bump
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just get a good quality multi and some whey protein. Seriously, purity products 30$ for a month supply of capsules (again, quality. Not some rock hard tablet from K-Mart that you just poop out whole) multivitamin and a huge 2 pound tub of optimum nutrition is all I need.
    Multi-level marketing at it's best.