too exausted from work and commute to work out more.

Options
I walk and/or bike around 4-10 miles a day, and do a bit of lifting and strenuous activity at my job. I am usually physically exhausted by the end of the day, though I can always get myself to bike more. However, I have barely touched my weights. I know I should do an hour or so of an exercise video, or just getting down different moves, but I can't will myself to do it! But as I slowly lose weight, i'm still disappointed with myself and my progress. I could be trying so much harder, but I don't. Anyone deal with this? I mean, I know we all deal with motivation issues, but I guess I'm using my fatigue as a crutch and really, really need to overcome it. I'm not overweight, but i'm not bikini ready either! :C

Replies

• Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    buuuump...?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the last two days you started the day with a shot of booze? really? and the rest of your day you basically ate like crap. no wonder you dont have any energy.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    This is the very reason why I can't work out at night. I am just zonked out by the end of the day and want to sleep :).

Can you get up 30 minutes earlier? Do You are your own gym or 20 min with Jillian in the morning?

I feel ya though! The end of the day is hard for me!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    After work and my commute, which usually takes about 45-60 mins each way, I'm usually exhausted. But I push myself. What I've found is that if I immediately change into my workout clothes either at work or right when I walk in the door at home, I'm more likely to get my workout done. Other than that, it's just about motivation. Find what motivates you, be it a picture of how you want to look, an inspiring quote, an exercise you love, etc.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    the last two days you started the day with a shot of booze? really? and the rest of your day you basically ate like crap. no wonder you dont have any energy. get real.

Well, I was going to say the exact same thing...maybe slightly nicer, but seriously! It's not your physical activity that is holding you back. Eat more real food.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Options
    the last two days you started the day with a shot of booze? really? and the rest of your day you basically ate like crap. no wonder you dont have any energy. get real.

What am I eating that's crap? And the booze in in my morning but that's because I just click it, usually have a shot with friends after work.
  • sarapeek
    sarapeek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I often find that if I can just get started, I can work out even if I'm tired, and then I feel better afterward. That being said, I have a desk job.

Maybe try alternate ideas, like morning or lunch workouts? Or focus on your days off of work?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    You are physically active already, you don't have to do more. You have actually eat in a way that fuels your body so that you do feel better all around. I am a big time believer in moderation - eat what you want in actual serving sizes... but you have to fuel your body too and that comes from nutrients from HEALTHY FOOD.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have found that as long as I stay within my calories, I still loose consistently whether I exercise or not.
  • MB_Positif
    Options

What am I eating that's crap? And the booze in in my morning but that's because I just click it, usually have a shot with friends after work.

You're eating a lot of processed, packaged food which is usually high in sugar & sodium. That can hinder your weight loss progress.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

You just don't eat a lot of nutrient rich foods - also your macros are way off balance. I would suggest upping your protein more.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

white bread
    chips
    nutella
    convenience foods

you can eat that stuff sure...but where are the fresh fruits and vegetables?
  • Salasel
    Salasel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    For the amount of activity you have in your day. You might not be eating enough. Try to get more protein in your diet. Egg whites, Lean Meats and fish Whole grains and veggies . Even some cheese as a snack. Food is fuel and and not all callories are created equal.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

You're eating a lot of processed, packaged food which is usually high in sugar & sodium. That can hinder your weight loss progress.

screw the weight loss...she needs energy...you can eat crap and lose weight but you wont be healthy or have any pep
  • Skinny_Beans
    Options
    Ugh, it's just hard bc I work at an icecream shop, and I buy my own groceries but with the bike, I hate actually carrying them home. Guess I should eat better though.
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    4-10 miles on the bike (assuming you're holding some speed and not just coasting downhill both ways :)) would be my day's exercise and I'd be proud of it. If I was three miles closer to work I'd ride every day and never do any other cardio. I rode mostly everywhere most of my time in college and grad school and found it to be enough to keep me in shape.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    :smile:

screw the weight loss...she needs energy...you can eat crap and lose weight but you wont be healthy or have any pep

True :)
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Ugh, it's just hard bc I work at an icecream shop, and I buy my own groceries but with the bike, I hate actually carrying them home. Guess I should eat better though.

Bringing groceries home on a bike would be complicated, but it can be done. Big backpack? Basket? Get one of those toddler trailers for the back...you could put like 6 bags of healthy food in there...
  • Skinny_Beans
    Options
    4-10 miles on the bike (assuming you're holding some speed and not just coasting downhill both ways :)) would be my day's exercise and I'd be proud of it. If I was three miles closer to work I'd ride every day and never do any other cardio. I rode mostly everywhere most of my time in college and grad school and found it to be enough to keep me in shape.

It's not by choice that I bike, but I do about 10-12 mph each way. I really need to get more strength than cardio now, though.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

It's not by choice that I bike, but I do about 10-12 mph each way. I really need to get more strength than cardio now, though.

a shot of booze after work isnt going to help you go home and want to work out either. just sayin. good luck.