Why all the ranting?

Options
124»

Replies

• JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    If you guys are hungry you're probably not eating enough? I know this is a 'diet' webste, but I found I lost more by eating more. I started on 1280-1300 cals but it just wasn't enough for me (I'm 5' 9"). My hair and skin also suffered from the lack of nutrition.

I've read many sources that say if you eat around 2000 calories a day you will lose weight, just not as fast as you'd like, maybe half a pound a week. I found the Fat2Fit website very helpful and this site http://www.health-calc.com/ has an AWESOME calculator!

Uh, yeah, I think those people you are responding to were joking. :)
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I suspect the ranters are hungry....give them time to adapt, they will be happy again
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Cheers to a great day, smile and be happy, focus on what you can change and not what you can't.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    That right there, that is what I'm talking about. A personal jab. Totally uncalled for.
    I don't need to 'feel important'. I was just trying to be positive.
    Surely you've read enough of what goes on in the forums to expect these types of replies when you rant about all the "bashing". After all, were you not bashing/calling out all the bashers? You target them, they'll come out to play. :smile:
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I got loads of spots, my hair really dried out and my nails didn't seem to grow as quickly as they normally do. I felt very tired, no energy for exercise, which is only Yoga, and was also very grumpy lol

I had that from age! I started taking 2 prenatal vitamins a day and have for 3 years now. I feel great!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Cuz there are a lot of peeps who can't feel good about themselves unless they are putting someone down. Their god complex makes them blind to the fact that ugliness comes from within...
  • lenya_maria4516
    lenya_maria4516 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That right there, that is what I'm talking about. A personal jab. Totally uncalled for.
    Surely you've read enough of what goes on in the forums to expect these types of replies when you rant about all the "bashing". After all, were you not bashing/calling out all the bashers? You target them, they'll come out to play. :smile:

Yeah, more fool me lol. Oh well.

I didn't mean to bash.
  • lenya_maria4516
    Options
    I got loads of spots, my hair really dried out and my nails didn't seem to grow as quickly as they normally do. I felt very tired, no energy for exercise, which is only Yoga, and was also very grumpy lol

I had that from age! I started taking 2 prenatal vitamins a day and have for 3 years now. I feel great!

This just happened when I wasn't eating enough, but thanks for the tip! :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    People don't know how to use the internet and somehow are convinced that a forum is a place for them to make themselves a little soapbox and feel important.

*scowl*

You've had many positive responses supporting you. You found one that was negative and focused on that. This is why it seems like "people are always so mean and nasty here!!" Selective perception.
  • lenya_maria4516
    Options
    People don't know how to use the internet and somehow are convinced that a forum is a place for them to make themselves a little soapbox and feel important.

*scowl*

You've had many positive responses supporting you. You found one that was negative and focused on that. This is why it seems like "people are always so mean and nasty here!!" Selective perception.

This is true, I've contradicted myself haven't I - doh!:blushing:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

It's not just you. Very common thing around here and in life. The negative things always get more attention.

There will always be mean, nasty people. In life and on MFP. I'm often one of them. So be sure to get a good group of friends that can be supportive of you and rely on them when you need a boost. Putting it out there for EVERYONE is going to lead to responses that you may not want to hear.
  • lenya_maria4516
    Options

It's not just you. Very common thing around here and in life. The negative things always get more attention.

There will always be mean, nasty people. In life and on MFP. I'm often one of them. So be sure to get a good group of friends that can be supportive of you and rely on them when you need a boost. Putting it out there for EVERYONE is going to lead to responses that you may not want to hear.

Thank you, I do have some nice friends and I appreciate your input :) Well done with your weight loss, 89lbs is amazing!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I don't mean this to sound mean, but I'm sure you'll all think it is anyway. Oh well.

Stop thinking everyone on this site is here to support you! They're not. Thousands of users from all over the world are on here for all different reasons. I guarantee some of them are the kind of people you would downright hate if you met them. That's how life is.

You know how you don't like everyone you work with? Why? Aren't you all there for the same purpose? Not everyone gets along with each other and I don't understand why anyone thinks an internet forum for counting calories would be so different.

Not trying to sound mean, not trying to be harsh. Find some people you do like and be friends with them. But don't think that every person who signs up here is kind, supportive and here to help you out.
    :drinker:
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

This is why I :heart: Brett. You can call someone out and be encouraging all at the same time
  • gatecityradio
    gatecityradio Posts: 401
    Options
    because internet.