The Color Run

Options
http://thecolorrun.com/

I was wondering how many people would be doing this. My friend Caitlyn and I are doing it in St Louis in August! It sounds like it's going to be so much fun. This is going to be my new goal to work towards, to actually be able to finish a run with a decent time! :)

Has anyone ever done this before and have any awesome stories? :)

Replies

• kfbayard
    kfbayard Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be doing the Washington, DC color run in September. I'm so excited! A friend from grad school who I haven't seen in years is doing it with her family and she convinced me to come down and join her, so it will be like a mini reunion.
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The one here in Kansas City is the end of next month. My hubs and I have talked about going, but haven't committed yet. It does look like fun though!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    ColorMeRad5k.com is coming to Albany NY on 07/07/2012 but unfortunately, I'll be in the Adirondacks for the July 4th celebrations that weekend...it would have been my first 5K, so I'm a little gutted, but I'm sure I'll be there next year! Have fun!
  • jreimund
    jreimund Posts: 64
    Options
    Running the Color Run in KC is June 30 and July 1 (so many ppl signed up they made it two days!). It's my first color run but it looks like so much fun!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    The one in Ann Arbor in July! I just wish it started earlier in the morning. 9 am start in July? Ugh...I'll be dripping sweaty color off LOL.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    We have a large group doing it in Boston!! Can't wait....my husband already went out and got our white shirts!! :)
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My friend and I are doing the color run in August in Sacramento! Can't wait!!
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    The one in Ann Arbor in July! I just wish it started earlier in the morning. 9 am start in July? Ugh...I'll be dripping sweaty color off LOL.

I'll see you there omma...My daughter and I are also signed up for the for Ann Arbor run....well I may be powerwalking it. This will be my first 5K. I absolutely hate running!! I did run 2.5 miles on the treadmill a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to get an express workout in (due to lack of time that afternoon). But I haven't run since. But, I do a mean powerwalk!
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My bestie and I are signed up for the one in New Orleans in November. I've wanted to do one for so long and when I saw it was coming here I just had to sign up. We started going to the track last week because I want to do it in less than 45 minutes.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to do the one in Milwaukee in September. Looks like a lot of fun!
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options

I'll see you there omma...My daughter and I are also signed up for the for Ann Arbor run....well I may be powerwalking it. This will be my first 5K. I absolutely hate running!! I did run 2.5 miles on the treadmill a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to get an express workout in (due to lack of time that afternoon). But I haven't run since. But, I do a mean powerwalk!

My sister, some friends, and I will see you in AA:)
  • apilant
    apilant Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be running the Color Run in KC on June 30th! It is going to be great!!! :love: I'm also super excited for the Glow Run in KC on July 14th!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My mom, 2 friends, & I are doing the SF one in July! :)
  • omma_to_3
    Options

Cool! Just remember that if it's hot, it will be harder. For me, my heart rate goes up about 10 bpm just because of the heat!
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did it this past weekend in Racine and it was a lot of fun. I powerwalked thru most of it but ran thru the color stations!
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this but none of my friends will do it with me :( Maybe next year
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    A few friends and I will be running in the one held in Birmingham on Labor Day
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    I really want to do this but none of my friends will do it with me :( Maybe next year

I signed up by myself! It will be fun either way so just do it!
  • boochomp
    boochomp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The one in SF sold out so fast I couldn't get in, hopefully next year!!
  • boochomp
    boochomp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :smile: