AFTER A BINGE, AFTER A MEAL OUT- READ THIS!!

Options

Replies

• TheLittleVoice91
    Options
    I'm so happy so many people are reading this. i read this 3 days ago and it made something click for me. i have suffered from an eating disorder for the past 2 years and im trying to change my attitude to food and this totally helped! I want you all to spread these words! plus im going to mcdonalds today. keep calm and carry on.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Great back-to-reality read! Thank you! :flowerforyou:

I *do* have to point out, though ... 2000 calories is a generic number. Let's say you're a 213 pound girl, 5-feet-5-inches, 27 years old and you have a moderate activity level (me!). To maintain your weight, you'd have to eat 2700 calories per day! To gain an entire pound in one day, you'd have to eat 6200 calories!!!!:noway: I think you'd likely pop before then. :laugh:
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post!! :bigsmile:

I always try to remind myself, after a particularly bad binge, that one GOOD day doesn't equal weight loss and therefore one BAD day isn't going to necessarily equal weight gain. You said it better than I could! :tongue:
  • ruby142
    ruby142 Posts: 39
    Options
    Wow this is great I so needed to read this today :smile:
    Thank you!!!1 :wink:
  • samlankford
    samlankford Posts: 334
    Options
    mmm chocolate milk shake and french fries...
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I absolutely freaking love this, thank you for posting. I think I'm going to print it out and hang it up.
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    After my weekend, I needed to read this....I wasn't freaking out, but I was feeling a bit disappointed in my decline....great picker upper:flowerforyou:
  • dirtchick97
    dirtchick97 Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • blairh10
    blairh10 Posts: 37
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing

I am going to pin this to my fridge door
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Love, love, love this!!!! Thanks!!!! :)
  • ChristinaOlliver
    ChristinaOlliver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this the other day. Basically since high school graduation, 16 years ago, I weigh 14 pounds more than I did at that time. I thought about it, and really, that is not that bad!!!!!! I only ate an average of 3,500 calories a YEAR over what I needed to be where I am at today. I am not a Failure afterall! How about that!

Wow that really puts it into perspective!

You're much better than me :) I put on (roughly) 33lbs in 42 months, meaning I've been eating an extra 3,500 calories almost every month!
  • shimewazaMan
    shimewazaMan Posts: 413
    Options
    THANK YOU!
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Bingo!

Can you imagine never eating a over-indulgent meal again for the rest of your life? Impossible.
  • Molzz95
    Molzz95 Posts: 11
    Options
    Omg this is really good! :)
  • jmelton9
    jmelton9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! Now I feel a lot better about those dinners at my MIL's house. Thank you for this! :happy:
  • joann852
    joann852 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm going camping this weekend and i know I'm going to indulge. It's ok.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Nice!

Thx
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    This!! I love this!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    But. But. But.
    Well, I got to say but anyway. A meal won't kill you. Enjoy a birthday party, enjoy a celebration, enjoy something you love at least sometimes, or none of this is really worth it. If it makes you miserable, you aren't doing it right.