AFTER A BINGE, AFTER A MEAL OUT- READ THIS!!

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I definitely gotten close to 5500 at one meal at Golden Corral.....just saying....
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I think everyone needs a reminder every once in awhile...
  • Tators
    Tators Posts: 75
    Options
    Whew this takes a load off!! Thank you!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Feels good to read this after I have learned that today is free slurpee day at 711! LOL
  • badgeratheart
    badgeratheart Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Definitely saving this for reference later. Thanks!
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Well said
  • nolababy504
    Options
    GREAT INFO!!! Thanks, I'm printing this!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    "HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
    I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your *kitten*, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
    One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
    One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
    21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
    Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."

from tumblr

Well put!
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    here, here!
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Love this, great perspective :)
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This is great. Thank you!!! I always, always, ALWAYS beat myself up after a bad meal, so this is perfect for me. Thanks again. :)
  • alexis1201
    alexis1201 Posts: 14
    Options
    The encouraging words I have been looking for!!!!!!!
  • Mirror_Mirror
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!!! Pretty cool stuff!
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • TracyKowalski
    Options
    "If you have made mistakes...there is always another chance for you... you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'faliure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." - Mary Pickford- Actress
    In other words, Don't let a set back keep you down and depressed.
    Excellent reminder that the whole purpose of being here is to improve our lives. So what if we hang out with friends and eat/drink things we shouldn't once in awhile. Start over the next day with no guilt, because you had quality time with loved ones! :smile:
    (printed your great article and am sharing with some friends with guilty food feelings!)
  • LoriJ1782
    LoriJ1782 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have gone over my weekly calories by about 1500-2000 the odd time and each time I do, I gain at least 1lb, if not more.

Not forgetting that at least 5 out of those 7 days, I would have been at a deficit, but yet one or two blips, I actually do ruin all my hard work.

#worstmetabolismintheworld

This happens to me too. I've had a meal out and the next day there are 2 or 3 extra pounds on the scale. I hope they're water otherwise the restaurants I go to are packing waaaaay too many calories into their food! My metabolism is horrible just like all the women on my mother's side of the family, it's a curse.
  • echelon78
    echelon78 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, we all have those days I think and some perspective like this is needed on those days
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I needed this today!!!
  • SlimmerJess
    Options
    Even though i knew most of this, it still made me feel better about going out to dinner tonight, i know i will go over my calories but its a celebration so i didn't want to feel guilty about it (i knew i would though) but now i can get home after dinner, have another read of this and feel fine :):heart:

22217299.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter[/