AFTER A BINGE, AFTER A MEAL OUT- READ THIS!!

Options

Replies

• LuvsToSpin
    LuvsToSpin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I know I have beaten myself up over indulging, and then I step on that scale and it didn't go up. The occasional indulgence is good for you mentally as well.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    "HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
    I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your *kitten*, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
    One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
    One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
    21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
    Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."

from tumblr

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I needed this...THANK YOU.
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! It helps!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I freakin love you!! Thanks for that!! I REALLY needed to read that!!!
  • grannyfunk
    grannyfunk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    great insperation, just what I needed after I ate 200 plus extra calories yesterday! I felt so bad about it, plus not excercising this last 7 days, just don't have the strenght or want too. I stay at my calories most days but it is bad, I do not eat vegtables!
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think if you don't have those cheat meals, this will never work for lifetime! Life happens, life gets in the way, we need the occasional pigfest :smile:
  • headofmylife
    headofmylife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!!! I'll back when I pig out and feel bad about it!!!! LOL!!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Love this, thanks for posting!!!
  • ybbuhc
    ybbuhc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This was absolutely the best! Talk about some perspective! Thank you!
  • smiles4deb
    smiles4deb Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I'm printing off and passing out to my friends and my husband, he is forever freaking out when he goes over, which is not often at all. The food you used as examples are some of our favorite foods, (cheetos will be my downfall)..., so it really hits home. :smile:
  • headofmylife
    headofmylife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just want to say congrats, to all of you losing weight! It is very encouraging to me, since I just started a week a go tomorrow.:smile:
  • RahRahRiotSC
    RahRahRiotSC Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! :-)
  • ChildOfTheLions
    Options
    What a totally awesome post!!!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i agree 100%....

3500 cals extra is a lot of food....if you do it every single day than yes you will gain - but an occasional splurge or binge as you call it is not going to kill your plan.....freaking out and stressing about it is though.....get back on plan the next day with clean eating and lots of water and movement and you are RIGHT BACK IN the game.....thanks for posting...sooo many people DON'T realize the numbers game and math aspect of losing weight......since i got my bodymedia ft armband that is all i'm tracking right now is my daily deficits...when i see that i have lost what i am "supposed" to have lost to get my *kitten* into the 160s then i'll get on the scale but not until then lol.....i'm getting close....should be about 172 right now so in another 4-6lbs ill jump on the scale and hope i see 16X on the damn thing......denise
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    So needed to read his.Thanks
  • Flygirl214
    Flygirl214 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm going to borrow this for a group of people I'm working with. Great post! Thanks!
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for putting it all in perspective!

:happy:
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    One of the best. posts. ever!

We all need to give ourselves some slack once in awhile, it helps stay the course!