weekend CHEATERS!

Options

Replies

• jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes and I am really not happy with myself over it. I work so hard all week and sabotage myself on the weekend. Its self destructive and I need to get it under control. For me it seems to coincide with drinking and being social on the weekends. Frustrating!

Yeah, I feel the EXACT same way.

I am SO good during the week with eating and working out. While I do usually get in one or two workouts on the weekends my eating is never good. I'm always down by the end of the week and then back to where I started each Monday. I REALLY need to get myself under control and have a little will power on the weekends. It is extremely hard for me esp with being in college. All my friends want to go out and drink and party and that's something I just can't afford to do right now. I always go into each weekend wanting to make it great but then in the moment I 'just don't care' and eat what I feel like or what others around me are eating. I need to start caring more on the weekends or I fear I'll never reach my goal :(
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I hope you all are eating enough calories to begin with. Then you can have 'treats' everyday. Make sure your numbers are set to your TDEE minus 15% if you are trying to lose and eat what you want...clean if that's you or not so clean if you chose! If you are eating at a deficit of your TDEE you will lose no matter what!
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    LOL! OMG I fall off sometimes on the weekend, only because I get out of my 'work mode ' routine. Im a Realtor so I am constantly packing my cooler, meeting clients, on calls, in houses, so I am too busy to cheat and only have time to eat what is with me. I do perfect! Workout a million times, etc :) The weekend comes and sometimes I may get to finally sleep in or only have 1 client, but basically my regular'grind' may slow down. Ive been refusing to work on Sundays, so I hit church and then may hit the pool orsomething.Last Sunday my bestie and I actually worked out, then hit pool, jacuzzi and steam room at my gym (a first for me.). Ive done better lately, but do try to give myself a cheat meal or treat myself. Gives mesomething to look forward too. Plus it was my May birthday month, so Ive been a little 'off' this month. But managed to still lose. Your body needs the break from workouts and strict food intake, plus this is a lifestyle, so have fun! BUT YES, I'M WITH U!!!

happy journey!!
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Yep! Days that start with an 'S' I cheat. I don't cheat big - still count everything to keep myself in check, but I eat things I wouldn't normally eat.

It hasn't effected my weightloss (knocks on wood) and I've been doing it this way since I joined...so like... February? Almost down 20lbs!! and I'm sure that people would point out that I'd have shot past 20 lost, but I'm trying to live lol. It's sustainable for me when nothing else ever has been.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i'm convinced if i could control my weekend habits i'd be down another 10 to 20 lbs
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    I hear you. I'm always so good during the week but then on the weekends I drink and when I'm drunk all I wanna do is scarf down everything haha... it's the worst. But now I've cut down alcohol consumption to once a week and I work out like a mofo on days I know I'll be drinking.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I do, but I enjoy it! I would just cry if I had to give up my liquid courage on the weekends. I pay more attention to my weekly calorie totals then daily because if I can't enjoy myself once in a while, its easy to fall of the healthy change wagon.
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    yes I go through the same problem and sometimes it does make me feel like I wasted all my hard work glad I'm not alone in this!!!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I do!!! I am in maintance mode and count everything during the week but weekends are mine and I eat what I want within reason. I do go way over in calories but it hasnt made me gain anything! I am also very active on the weekends so that helps!
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    I have saturday as my cheat day. I need it. It makes it that much easier to stay in control all week. It gives me something to look forward to :)
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yes, I cheat on the weekends as well. I usually work out four days during the week and eat healthy. I always have good intentions to excersize and eat somewhat healthy but it seams we end up drinking, making food, and not excersizing. It is frusterating especially when I work so hard during the week. And, i am trying to get fit for my wedding. I keep telling myself to "snap out of it" and just kick it in gear. Seams I have been struggling lately. I do agree with cheating somewhat but there should be a line.??? I am getting a little frusterated with myself! :(
  • ais048
    ais048 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yea I do i'm a bad cheat at weekends and end up trying to make up for it during the week just to stay the same weight!! Does it actually work to save calories for the weekend?? It hasn't with me I'd save say 2000 calories to use over the weekend mainly on booze but don't lose weight???
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yea I do i'm a bad cheat at weekends and end up trying to make up for it during the week just to stay the same weight!! Does it actually work to save calories for the weekend?? It hasn't with me I'd save say 2000 calories to use over the weekend mainly on booze but don't lose weight???

No, your body doesn't save calories.
  • bethmac_va
    bethmac_va Posts: 65
    Options
    I cheat on the weekends, and I also track it. It's painful to do, and it would be easy to lie to myself, but if I don't track it, I won't make myself accountible for it. Tracking also puts it into perspective. Most weeks I average out to my daily calories, some weeks I'm over. As badly as I can cheat some weeks, it's not nearly as bad as I think it was once I put it down.

Just remember, if you drink bud light for example, you would have to drink almost 32 beers in a weekend to gain a pound. :laugh:

Maybe your weight loss will be slightly less than you had anticipated by cheating, but when the day (or rather, week) is done, you will have enjoyed yourself and not been so restricted that you give up completely.

:drinker:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I just don't want to have to lose the same lbs over again so NO I do not cheat on the weekends. I have one day a month that I chose to go out and eat and enjoy whatever it is that I want without going overboard but still enjoy it. If you feel the need to eat what you want on the weekends you should incorporate some of the things you crave into your daily diet and calorie count. If I want a candy bar that is part of my calorie count for the day and I go without something else so I really have to want it bad enough to forgo the real food. For me this is a guilt free treat because I stay within my calories and enjoy the candy bar. I find now I do not even crave the candy bars and Ice Cream that I loved so much.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I do one 'cheat' day a week, but I don't go overboard and I try to stay below my maintenance so it's not a setback. :D
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Oh that is totally me!!!!!!!

I need to stop this? how? if booze wasnt around I would be fine :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YES!!!, but this really works for me!, some times i double my stuff during the week days, BUT ON WEEKENDS, I PARTY ON!!!,,,
  • EmpressLishy
    EmpressLishy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm the worst on the weekends!. I think it's because during the week, I'm at work and busy. I also bring my lunch so everything is proportioned. On the weekends I have all the free time in the world to think about food. I tend to want to eat out on the weekends too, which doesn't help matters.
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my cheat day and I don't regret it one bit. I don't think I overdo it so much that I have undone the hard work from the week, so I am happy with it and enjoy having some take-out and some choccie