weekend CHEATERS!

Options

Replies

• Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I feel that if I don't enjoy the weekends I will not sustain during the week. I'm am STRICT Mon-Fri.. but Sat-Sun is basically a free-for-all. I MUST have McDonald's soft baked chocolate chip cookies & ice cream EVERY weekend!

ETA: I still track this cheating & stay within my 1700 caloric goal. If not, I exercise.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I used to do this, but then I realized it wasn't such a good idea because then I was just having to lose what I gained over the weekend and that's not good. Now I focus on eating healthy all the time and every once in awhile I'll have a cheat meal, but not a cheat day!

9821387.png
  • chroniclesofadime
    Options
    I allow myself to go over my calories on occasion...most of the time it just so happens to be on the weekends. So far I haven't gone over more than twice a week...usually my "rest" day I go over and then one day on the weekends is my routine.

But I don't consider that cheating as much as I consider it living my life and allowing myself to not freak out about exactly what I'm eating. I find allowing myself to do this keeps me motivated and on track.
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat by going over calories. I'm trying to make a lifestyle change, not just starve myself thin. I do "cheat" by indulging in unhealthy food as long as it fits in my calorie requirements. A handful of potato chips, one or two sodas a week, a piece of chocolate. I would hate myself for falling off the wagon every week! Weekends are harder, I'll admit.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    How are your numbers for the week? Look at the big picture and see what the weekly numbers are. Are you under for calories for the week, same with fat and all the other numbers? If yes, then it's not as bad as you think. Yeah, you would be better off if you stayed on track during the weekends, but so many people give up dieting if they stay too strict. Maybe try at first to go every other weekend with no cheating.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    For the first few months I was here I was the same way. "Oh, it's the weekend! Let's eat like crap and not work out!" I quickly got sick of losing the same lb and and then some every week and stopped. There's no reason to stop on the weekends. Sure it's a little harder because it "downtime" for most people, but you're only sabotaging yourself. I am not against a big meal here and there, but not caring because it's Saturday or Sunday is just silly.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    How are your numbers for the week? Look at the big picture and see what the weekly numbers are. Are you under for calories for the week, same with fat and all the other numbers? If yes, then it's not as bad as you think. Yeah, you would be better off if you stayed on track during the weekends, but so many people give up dieting if they stay too strict. Maybe try at first to have for every other weekend with no cheating.

This. I can't diet and never could. A few extra calories on the weekends might slow my weightloss but I'm not racing. Its not something I doing until I get to some magic number. What I'm doing now is what I'm going to do forever so why would I not enjoy myself sometimes?
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    ahhhh...the weekend. If it just wasn't so attractive and fun. And felt so good. :devil:
  • anitadhey
    anitadhey Posts: 10
    Options
    I have cheated every weekend since I started. Like so many others have said, it keeps me sane and keeps me from that ultimate binge that comes from deprivation. I have been able to lose every week, but I'm sure I would lose more if I didn't have to lose back that extra weight at the beginning of every week. My idea of cheating is just not logging. I still eat intuitively, only when I'm hungry. But, I do eat some junk. :P
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    What does everyone mean by maintenance?

Personally I don't have a cheat day/ 's but I do allow some unhealthy stuff in as long as I stay close to my nutritional intake for the day.

15676875.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TheWinman
    Options
    How are your numbers for the week? Look at the big picture and see what the weekly numbers are. Are you under for calories for the week, same with fat and all the other numbers? If yes, then it's not as bad as you think. Yeah, you would be better off if you stayed on track during the weekends, but so many people give up dieting if they stay too strict. Maybe try at first to have for every other weekend with no cheating.

This. I can't diet and never could. A few extra calories on the weekends might slow my weightloss but I'm not racing. Its not something I doing until I get to some magic number. What I'm doing now is what I'm going to do forever so why would I not enjoy myself sometimes?

People don't understand it's not that hard to lose weight by working your butt off, that was me. I have lost 46 pounds since November and losing it by hard work and exercise was not that hard. The hard part is changing your eating habits and that takes time. MY eating is way better now then it was in November, but it still has a long way to go. YOu can't rush changing eating habits or else as we have seen many just give up after a bit.
  • TheWinman
    Options
    What does everyone mean by maintenance?

Personally I don't have a cheat day/ 's but I do allow some unhealthy stuff in as long as I stay close to my nutritional intake for the day.

15676875.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

maintenance = maintaining your current weight.
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My weight loss journey is more than just losing wieght, it is an immediate matter of life and death, so I don't cheat on the weekends. I'd prefer to eat what I want, regardless of the day, and never see a treadmill again, but that's not an option anymore. :sad: I may have a piece of candy or a 1/2 cup of ice cream every week or so, but I am not viewing an arbitrary date on a calendar as carte blanche to toss all of my hard work out of the window. As difficult as it is, I'll find another way to "treat" myself.
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i think we all agree...everyone is struggling with indulging on the weekends, I know I do, sometimes its from boredom, sometimes we're just out and about with friends (who don't eat healthy), family get togethers and it just happens. I think alcohol is the devil b/c my weakness for food follows my partaking in the booze....not good! I wish and hope I can change this.. I have cut down ALOT on the alcohol, but still am struggling to just weigh the same on Monday morning as I did on the previous Friday....it does help to log everything still, but I must say, I'm just a WORK IN PROGRESS!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Wait!! we are suppose to count Calories on the weekends???? Damn Im screwed
  • wearywithchildren
    Options
    I used to be just like this. I would be really good during the week and just go right back to my evil ways on the weekend and it became clear that this was going to hinder my goals so this is what I did. One week, I thought about how I was going to eat on the weekend. I planned for it and psyched myself up for it. Then I tested myself. On Saturday morning, I made scrambled eggs with butter, sausage links, pancakes and fruit salad for my husband and four kids. I served them and then I made my regular weekday breakfast of an egg white and cheese omelet and had some fruit on the side. I sat down at the table with them and watched them eat their breakfast but kept reminding myself ... food should be 90% want, 10% need and I don't need pancakes and scrambled eggs with butter and sausage links. I got through breakfast (in this house, it takes 45 minutes to make it and about 7 to eat it) and we did the dishes and that was that. The fact that I got through that obstacle gave me the determination to do the same thing at lunch. I take great care in controlling where we eat out on the weekends most of the time. I pack our lunches whenever possible when we go to the mall or Zoo or park. I have a handful of restaurants where I know I can get a healthy and/or low-calorie meal and I try to stay clear of the ones I know are bad. But a couple of weeks ago, my teenager wanted to go to Red Robin. There was virtually nothing on the menu that was less than 500 calories ... so I ordered a cup of tortilla soup. It wasn't a lot of food but then again ... I can't eat a lot of food anymore. Every time I give myself a license to eat whatever I want ... I can't eat that much and I try to stop long before I hit that uncomfortably full feeling.

The point of my post is to give some practical tips on how to get through the tough times. I'm not that big into alcohol so that's not as much of a challenge for me. I prefer to abuse my body with refined carbs. like bread, waffles, brownies, cake, frosting. I used to bake all the time. I don't anymore. I save the baking for an occasion because no one needs "Brownie Monday", "Chocolate Chip Cookie Tuesday", "Apple Pie Wednesday" ... and so on.

Kind of rambled but my kids are banging their forks on the table demanding more egg white omelets. Yes, I make egg white for my kids too. They love them.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    I do, but it's more that I just don't log - not that I really go above and beyond my norm.
    I'm so set in the types of food I eat there's usually not much variance.
    I just refuse to log anything on weekends!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I "cheat" on the weekends but I stay within my weekly calorie goals by not eating back my exercise calories during the week. Your body is not on a 24 hour clock and as long as the chart keeps going down, you win.
  • cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can monitor what I eat its the alcohol on the weekends that get me. Wish beer wasn't so yummy.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I can monitor what I eat its the alcohol on the weekends that get me. Wish beer wasn't so yummy.

Just log it and keep it within your weekly goals.