Dr. Oz is a joke.

Options
13»

Replies

• Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    So funny as I was just having this conversation with someone yesterday who was taking a coffee bean extract supplement (I think that is what it was) that her mom saw on Dr. Oz to suppress her hunger. She told me that her mom pretty much bought everything that he talked about on his show. If weight loss were as easy as taking this stuff that he "sells", none of us would be on MFP losing weight slow and steady, would we?
  • Tracy_03311981
    Options
    I think he's really a Muppet.

But that may be a slam against Muppets.
    THIS

Dr. Oz is paid by the pharmaceutical companies.....
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I've never really liked him, and I'm not interested in anything he says. I always hear people say "But Dr. Oz said..." SHUT UP.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I was wondering if I was the only one who thought he was a whack job! Just the other day he had a "3+3=3" weight loss plan. He gave a poor unsuspecting woman a three meal, three day diet plan to lose three pounds....and what did he suggest?? He "low carbed" her!! Like REALLY low carb. She could have an english muffin, an egg, and a bit of cheese for breakfast....and that's pretty much all the carbs she gets per day for three days.....of course she's gonna lose three pounds in three days! Too bad when she eats normal again on the fourth, she'll gain it back in one day....it's really too bad we are so blind/uneducated in the weight loss area :(.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/01/19/dr-oz-finally-unequivocally-embraces-the/

He's definitely a joke in science-based medicine circles.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just this morning I was doing some channel surfing and just happened to come across a Best of Oprah that happened to have Dr. Oz on it. The topic was something that hits home to me, diabetes. However, I noticed something that already threw me off. The trainer (I think it's Bob Greene, but please correct me if I am wrong) said that drinking one can of soda has the equivalent of 13 tablespoons of sugar. Yeah, that's a lot, but I was specifically told to look for how many total carbohydrates are in the food or soda, not just the sugar. I'll just stick with what the dietitian told me. As I had posted earlier, I've got my own diet plan, and it's been working perfectly.

I will never believe a word Dr. Oz says. In fact, Dr. Oz needs to be in the Land of Oz because he's better at lying than the actual character in the story!