This question is *really* for the ladies

Options
124»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    geez, lol my bad, I forgot that women chasing the cotton mouse only want to hear what they want to hear.

sorry about the real info.

Eat whatever you want and go back to bed!!!

Um...I was interested in the real info and asked you a couple questions before you posted this...I feel the same way other people on this thread feel (crappy, unmotivated, moody, tired) so I'm not going to judge anyone like you are doing, but that doesn't mean I want to resign myself to those feelings which is why I thanked you for the tips and asked for some advice....

perhaps when I went back and changed my answer, I didnt refresh the page to look for new comments yet because Id already gotten emails telling me that its best to leave you all alone because no one is going to listen and Im wasting my breath.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It seems like TOM affects each woman differently. For example, I don't get bad cramping, it's really mild. But I do feel totally drained and I'm normally a high energy person. I run and do a lot of races and I can tell you that my performance definitely suffers during my TOM. Even if I can finish a race at my usual time, it feels like it requires ten times the effort. I try to plan my races around my periods.

So for me, since fatigue and just general sleepiness is my greatest obstacle, I don't run during my TOM, I just walk. It keeps me active but doesn't feel so freaking hard. And I could eat like double the calories too, so I really have to watch that!
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    geez, lol my bad, I forgot that women chasing the cotton mouse only want to hear what they want to hear.

Um...I was interested in the real info and asked you a couple questions before you posted this...I feel the same way other people on this thread feel (crappy, unmotivated, moody, tired) so I'm not going to judge anyone like you are doing, but that doesn't mean I want to resign myself to those feelings which is why I thanked you for the tips and asked for some advice....

perhaps when I went back and changed my answer, I didnt refresh the page to look for new comments yet because Id already gotten emails telling me that its best to leave you all alone because no one is going to listen and Im wasting my breath.

I think we all hear what you're saying, but we just stopped listening because we don't like the way you say it. What some people call blunt, others call rude. Just something to think about if you want others to benefit from what you share.
  • krisaddress
    krisaddress Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer advises me not to workout for the first 24hrs of my period cause the energy need to go into that... I try to follow this rule but I push myself to go every other day within my plan. I cant push as hard though, lose energy quicker and way more tired.
  • mumof3crazyboyz
    mumof3crazyboyz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I was just talking about this to my girlfriend about this & was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. For me it is the week prior to. My legs felt like they were cemented down to the floor! I didn't work as hard but did get thru the workouts. Thank goodness I start my recovery week(CLX/Inasnity hybrid)
  • DanyelleKimberly
    DanyelleKimberly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I’ll have to agree it is hard to get motivated to do your work out or complete your work out during “lady time.” I can normally stick to my calorie goals pretty well but I never seem to work out for as long. I know some people won’t agree but I refuse to weigh that week. I know I’m retaining water and the number on the scale will go up and it will make me sad. :(
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

I think we all hear what you're saying, but we just stopped listening because we don't like the way you say it. What some people call blunt, others call rude. Just something to think about if you want others to benefit from what you share.

My first comment was neither rude nor blunt, it was strict info only. My second comment was rude in response to the rude emails I received from 2 posters in this thread.

but thank you anyway, you're right, I shouldnt have said anything in the first OR second place.
  • crissy1121
    crissy1121 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Its nice to know I am not alone on this.

Luckily day one of "lady time" was my rest day, day two I worked out for about 20 min then couldn't push through anymore. Day three I jumped back into it full force and was happy as a lark to be back.

Luckily I had no cravings and no cramps. Just a total exhaustion. I laid off my supplements for a few months to help resolve a "growth" on my ovary (it worked believe it or not) so that could have been what really got me; lack of nutrients. Now back to my vitamin D, fish oil and prenatal sups. :)

Poss cure for those w/CHOCOLATE CRAVINGS; my doctor recently read a study about women who crave chocolate during TOM is bc they are lacking magnesium. Thought that would be an interesting tid-bit to pass along.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    I do feel drained, but I started my first week I joined this site.. Watching the status's of the men and women on my friends list motivated me to get up and do something instead of the normal lay down and nurse it. I would actually feel better when I was done exercising.
  • underdogsmom
    Options
    Struggling w/ this as we speak...badly. I have pmdd, it's awful....:/
  • crissy1121
    Options
    LMAO! Yeah he has NO clue what its like to work out that hard as a women when its that time.
  • underdogsmom
    Options
    This happens to me, but it usually the week before i actually start and than the week of i have energy!

This is me as well....

and I find caffiene helps me (not pop).....it can help with the swelling and water retention too....of course balance with water. But thats just ME.....
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Yup. I don't ever work out on day 1. Rarely on day 2. I'm incredibly active and I eat well so taking a few days and just maintaining my body weight, without actively trying to lose weight, has never stopped me from being able to keep myself on track.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yes. Im actually in it right now. The first four days I am the worst and eat everything in sight. I just try my best and wait for it to end lol.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I spend my "lady" days on the couch. Zero energy, zero motivation and zero food control. I also have really bad cramps and no amount of pain killers kills it... Another weird thing that happens with me is if I exercise or do anything strenuous for the first 3 "lady days", the number of "lady days" goes up to 8-9 days. That sucks. So I'm ok with doing nothing on those days... I just work out harder for 5 days after.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm on Mirena, so I don't even know when my cycle is! I know there are times I feel less motivated than others, but I don't ever want to say 'Oh, it must be that time' and make excuses for it, so I generally push through it.
  • crissy1121
    Options
    My personal trainer advises me not to workout for the first 24hrs of my period cause the energy need to go into that... I try to follow this rule but I push myself to go every other day within my plan. I cant push as hard though, lose energy quicker and way more tired.

My fertility doctor has told me the same thing. They actually want me to NOT work out through the heaviest days. I kinda quit listening to them lately...got too fat doing so. lol.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have that problem! Not really lack of motivation, I just feel like I physically can't! I make myself do my jogging 3 times a week, but nothing else. I just make sure that my nutrition is really good during this week since I don't work out as much.
  • EAH123
    EAH123 Posts: 40
    Options
    YES! I found out I was anemic a year ago and take iron every other day. I also take a B12 supplement that helps with the draining feeling. However, even without the "lady day," I am drained when I max out on weight or doing a tough workout. HUGS!