I can't get started...

Options
124»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Just like if you don't want that cookie, you won't eat it. But if you do want that cookie, you will eat it.

Nonsense. I want EVERY cookie but I somehow manage to not eat them.

I ate every cookie yesterday .... It wasn't pretty.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smart phone, so i know it is darn near impossible to log EVERYTHING you eat! I try to keep a tally of my calories (roughly) and put that in at the end of the day, or even the next day if you have to (you can edit previous days). Also, in terms of getting started, i had to actually write the entire day down, make SURE that i have time to work out, and clean one cabinet out and only put the food for that day in it. Yes, it is only one day, but once you do that for one day it is a ton easier to keep it up! Also, if you can, make the food before the day and have it ready to eat. This is not a science and there is no end all be all for getting started, anyway you do it is still really HARD! But you can do it! Best Wishes!

I have been logging my food since before there were smart phones and never had a problem logging everything. If you are using the lack of a smart phone as an excuse not to do this right, you don't really want it that badly.

mu boday logs my food (accurately) even when I dont want to. When I go too far over or under - it lets me know via scale.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have been logging my food since before there were smart phones and never had a problem logging everything. If you are using the lack of a smart phone as an excuse not to do this right, you don't really want it that badly.

mu boday logs my food (accurately) even when I dont want to. When I go too far over or under - it lets me know via scale.

I have to wonder how anyone ever managed to lose weight before the Internet and smart phones. Clearly, it was impossible.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    LMFAO no one ever lost weight before al gore gave body builders the internet *dies laughing*
  • lauranewman130
    lauranewman130 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Start with focusing on creating the habit - make it easy to work into your life. work out 10 minutes 3 days a week for instance. Even if u hate it (which u will) do it anyway - even if you do it half assed. You did it. Also start with just worrying about how many calories - not so much fat, carbs , etc. you eat daily. just start by paying attention to what and how much ur eating and learning how to stay within your calorie limit to lose. Eat what u like not what you think you should eat. You'll eventually and naturally start to make smarter nutritional choices as it becomes habit. They call it crowding out the bad habits by introducing the new ones! It worked for me. I lost 40 lbs. i thought I was a lost cause and this summer I am wearing a bikini and shorts. It's been many years since I've done that. Progress- not perfection! You can do it!!