Need help breaking it to her......

Options

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Lol take out a pack of gum, put a piece in your mouth and then offer her one. Don't just randomly be like "do you want some gum"..
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Offer her some gum or breath mints....every single day.... On the days she doesn't take one don't sit and chat with her...lol

Maybe after awhile she'll take the hint.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    You can do one of two things:

1 ) Cover her mouth for her, then say "If I can breath out of my nose, so can you."

Or

2) Wear dark sunglasses and pretend you're blind and act like you can't see her face. Then take toilet paper and wipe her mouth. When she asks what you're doing say "Apparently I forgot to wipe my *kitten* this morning, because it sure does stink!"

I vote number 2. Make sure you get it on camera too.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Don't tell her, there is no way to do it without completely embarrassing her. Just move on.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Why offer her tic-tacs or chewing gum? That doesn't fix the issue...I know I come off as too blunt sometimes...but hey keep it real...

Tell her about it...advise her to look into getting to the bottom of it...

Giving her tic-tacs and chewing gum only fixes it when you are around...Set her up to be able to have it fixed for life.

I am just saying
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Send her an anonymous care package to the office - tic tacs, mouthwash, breath spray, gum, floss, and a tongue scraper.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Definitely offer her gum or some kind of mint... whenever she comes around. Just partake in it yourself so it doesn't seem like you are doing it in a less than friendly manner.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    We had someone who worked here who's breath smelled like she ate manure for every meal.

HR wouldn't let me put a toothbrush and toothpaste (discreetly mind you) on her desk as a hint so I just happened to pull her name for secret santa one year. I bought her a big thing of mints, thought she'd take the hint. Nope, she proceeded to hand them out to everyone else...didn't use one of them! We also tried the gum tactic but she declined every stinking time. No pun intended. LOL

Thankfully she's not here anymore......but on that note, I just ate some tomatoes, avocados and onions. Time for me to break out the gum! :happy:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Eat some garlic before walk in to work. Lean in real close and say, "Do you have any gum or mints?"
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    "Anyone could have bad breath, but you could knock a buzzard off a *kitten* wagon." -- George Carlin

love him! lmao! oooh my!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    You can do one of two things:

1 ) Cover her mouth for her, then say "If I can breath out of my nose, so can you."

Or

2) Wear dark sunglasses and pretend you're blind and act like you can't see her face. Then take toilet paper and wipe her mouth. When she asks what you're doing say "Apparently I forgot to wipe my *kitten* this morning, because it sure does stink!"

I vote number 2. Make sure you get it on camera too.

and be sure to update all of us here on MFP, too....
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Everyday I come to the office there's this beautiful girl I talk with, just chit-chat and bs for a little bit. The problem i'm having is her breath smells like she gargles with sewer water twice before she comes in and I just can't take it anymore.

I want to tell her without offending her or embarrassing her, how do I do this?

Send her tic-tac's

^ The most appropriate, best way possible!
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You don't. Go to a member of management and have them address it. You remove yourself from the equation and you don't have to worry about offending or embarrasing her. Besides, she could have a medical condition that causes it and do you really want to be the one to put her on the spot like that? More than likely she already knows about it and is probaly self-consious as it is. Whether she is aware of it or not though, most companies would prefer that a member of management handle the situation so that it can be done appropriately and avoid any type of issues (which trust me, can arise if the situation is not handled appropriately).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Carry a "breath-o-meter" in with you and have it set to "stanks" when you meet up again.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Give her some of that 12 hour mouthwash...
    Smart Mouth Advanced Clinical Formula Mouthwash.
    Works wonders.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    get over it.
    :)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I'd leave her a pack of gum with a discreet note....

lol I lke this idea.

Me too
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Send her an anonymous care package to the office - tic tacs, mouthwash, breath spray, gum, floss, and a tongue scraper.

^^^ This. Hell if that ain't a hint if I ever seen one. But thats crazy because I can taste when my breath isn't on point so why can't she???? :noway:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'd leave her a pack of gum with a discreet note....

Anonymously stated ...
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Ask her if she takes a Cleveland steamer in the mug every morning....