What do you sweeten/lighten your coffee with?

Options
13»

Replies

• Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I use International Delight for my coffee and I use a lot of it, but since I can't do that as much anymore I switched to Breakfast Tea for the caffeine. For the tea I just sweeten with Splenda.
  • JConstine
    JConstine Posts: 69
    Options
    lowfat milk and sugar. Sugar isn't really that high in calories and you don't need anymore than 3 teaspoons at the most per large cup.
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I buy coffee beans from a local roaster so I know it's gonna taste darn good and don't add anything.
  • jlzwarg
    jlzwarg Posts: 1
    Options
    Stevia and almond milk all the way! Healthy and yummy :)
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I taught myself to like it black when I restarted this journey a few months ago, it took a few weeks of thinking it was nasty and bitter but now I can't stand creamer I think it tastes weird. And the best part ZERO calories!!
  • mystinamarie
    mystinamarie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If it's a good cup, or already a flavored roast, I like it black.

Otherwise I use a splash of fat free/sugar free Coffeemate. 10 calories per Tablespoon.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    I have a few different options, just depends on what I'm in the mood for. If I want a mocha I'll do an envelope of low cal hot chocolate with skim milk, or skim milk, cocoa powder and sweetener. and I used to use torani sugar free with skim, but you can't get it where I live during the summers.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    hazelnut milk it's the best and unsweetened.
  • gogirl110
    gogirl110 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    half & half and 1 packet splenda
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Liquid sucralose &/or some sugar-free Torani or DaVinci flavored syrup.
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Usually I like my coffee with half-and-half, no sugar. Sometimes I will use 1 packet of Sugar in the Raw (it adds a rich almost brown sugar/molasses flavor - WORLDS away from processed sugar or artificial sweeteners).

I've worked places with miserably bad coffee, and at that time I really like stirring in a bit of raw creamed honey. If you have a Trader Joe's, they sell a tub of it for about $4. It's excellent. In general, honey is a great sweetener because there are so many flavors depending on the flowers pollinated to make it. The sugar may be higher than what you're using now, but the plus side is it's a real food...not processed and made of who knows what.

It seems like dieting is all about fake sweeteners but my philosophy is that I'd rather use something real and natural in moderation than some made up junk.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    straight up espresso shots. nothing but pure caffeine satisfaction.
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Coffee tastes best unpolluted.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    It probably won't help your calorie dilemma any but sometimes as a treat I'll put some coconut cream in. You can make a mixture (sounds weird but it's REALLY yum) that I found on I think Mark's Daily Apple. Whiz up some cold coconut milk in the blender with a little coconut oil and a raw egg to bind them (you need the lecithin from the egg). Keep it in the fridge and add to coffee. Awesome with a little cinnamon too.
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    Truvia and Silk. I liked the Truvia in coffee better than Stevia in the Raw.
  • kimidorineko
    Options
    bumping for ideas when i'm tired of black coffee. :3
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    splenda and sweet n low are bad for you. Try Stevia.