Does smoking make us dont want to eat?

Options
124»

Replies

• lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I dont think the OP was intending to start smoking... I think it was just a general question
    or if I'm wrong she is a complete idiot
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I dont think the OP was intending to start smoking... I think it was just a general question
    or if I'm wrong she is a complete idiot

No, I don't think you are wrong, nor I do think she is an idiot for asking a simple question.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Smoking can surpress hunger, or at least make it easier to ignore it when its there. One of the reasons that people who quit smoking usually gain weight, remove the appetite surpressant and their food intake increases.

This... And its the main reason many people don't want to quit smoking. I'm a confessed smoker & right now I'm in the quitting process. Man its really difficult not to take anything on your mouth.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    A public health nurse told me that when you stop smoking your body needs less food because it is able to use more of what you take in. Made sense to me, I ate the same after I quit smoking as I did before, but after I quit I put on about 80 lbs.

That is because nicotine's side effect is to increase our metabolism a little. What I'm currently doing is to move more than I did when I still smoke half pack of cigarettes daily. Probably its also the reason why I became obese before because 3 years ago, I decided to I decrease my smoking from half pack down to 3 sticks a day.