Going to Vegas

Options

Replies

• chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I actually lost weight the last time I went to Vegas. Even though I drank a lot, I ate modestly. My friends and I walked, swam and danced the entire time. You'll have a blast!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I live here, and can't wait to move away.
    Everything is fun for tourists, though, if you follow these rules:
    Bring money.
    Spend liberally.
    Avoid buffets.
    Don't jaywalk.
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    *Coyote Ugly in New York

*Make sure to make it to the old strip (where Golden Nugget is) for the LED light show on the hour until midnight (heck once you're there then make a trip out to the Vegas sign)

*Comfortable walking shoes (what seems like a 5 minute walk is more like 30 minutes)
  • THINandFABULOUS
    Options
    I love Vegas! :) I'll be there next month too. Some of my favorite spots to hit up and things to do are:

1.) Pool Party during the day for sure!!! :D Some might even have an open bar during designated hours.
    2.) XS, Surrender, Tao or Marquee nightclub
    3.) Serendipity in Cesar's Palace
    4.) World Buffet at the Rio
    5.) Earl of Sandwich- Best sandwiches, hands down. :)
    6.) See a show! I've never been but I'm going to Cirque du Soleil next month.

And I would recommend hitting up a promoter before you go. They can hook you up for some great deals while you're there. And haveeee funnn! :) But then again, Vegas is always bound to be fun. lol
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    If a fat jesus look alike tries to give you a drink on top of the building, don't take it or you might wake up finding a tiger in your room
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I love Vegas! :) I'll be there next month too. Some of my favorite spots to hit up and things to do are:

1.) Pool Party during the day for sure!!! :D Some might even have an open bar during designated hours.

And I would recommend hitting up a promoter before you go. They can hook you up for some great deals while you're there. And haveeee funnn! :) But then again, Vegas is always bound to be fun. lol

for cirque du soleil, there are various shows out there but i recommend "O". It's the best i've seen
  • shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I live here in Vegas. Just enjoy being the tourist. I don't really go out so I can't advise of any places to go. There's the usual, walking the strip, freemont street experience. Hope you have a great time.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    if you are staying near New York New York, everyday from 6-9 they have a happy hour 2 for 1. It's a great place to pre game.

OH ok awesome.. I was thinking about hitting up the topless pools.. any advice on that? If I am brave enough? lol

sorry i got nothing on that. but please send pics... :)
  • beandawgy
    beandawgy Posts: 92
    Options
    If you're a vodka fan don't miss out on on going to Minus5 at the Mandalay Bay, the whole bar is made of ice (they give you parkas to stay warm), quite the experience! :D...Think of it as drinking inside a giant freezer!
  • gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you're a vodka fan don't miss out on on going to Minus5 at the Mandalay Bay, the whole bar is made of ice (they give you parkas to stay warm), quite the experience! :D...Think of it as drinking inside a giant freezer!

OHhhh this sounds different, and pretty interesting.. :)
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    I just got back from Vegas! So much fun! I would suggest a couple pool parties, I went to Tao and at night depending on how many people you're going with get VIP at the night clubs because then you get your own section and drinks ( it was cheaper for my group to do that)! Have fun!!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Beatles - Love at the Mirage! If you're a Beatles fan, its a must see. I see it every time I go! I'll be in Vegas from June 12-15 and I already have my tickets!

I am definitely doing this when I go in July! :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    harrahs patio has kareoke - good stuff :)

and go downtown one night - the light shows is fun!

and drink till you puke, then drink some more.
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Vegas this past weekend! Personally my favorite part is Fremont Street. It's the older part of Vegas, but a great place to walk around, cheap drinks, play some slots ect. And the light show at night is pretty cool, along with live music.

Best part about Vegas is all the walking, meaning my hubby and I ate and drank what we wanted. I was up 3 lbs. when I got back, but gave it 1 day and now I'm less than I was when I left. So it was water weight and the walking paid off... and boy did we eat and drink. ;)
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options

We loved Serendipity and Baby Cakes off the strip for banana cream pie pancakes. I went for the Vegas Rockabilly Weekender and truly loved running on the strip for exercise.
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Funny, being in Vegas is what kickstarted my weight loss, and using MFP. I went for my 40th birthday in February, and wanted to go the Zip Line on Fremont St. at night. I arrived to find out they have a scale and a max weight of 250 lbs. I was over the weight limit, and wasn't able to do it. I am looking forward to going back and trying it on my 41st birthday. You can always try it and let me know how fun it is, lol.

Aside from that, if you can find a cool band playing at the Joint at the Hard Rock, the venue is fantastic for live music. I saw Motley Crue while I was there, and it was a pretty great show.
  • duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you get a chance to see a show, I'd recommend it. Especially at one of the bigger hotels on the strip. Take a camera and be ready to walk. You'll get plenty of steps.

If you're not worried about your diet, which you shouldn't be because you're in Vegas, check out the buffet (The Wicked Spoon) in the Cosmopolitan. It is absolutely fantastic. The best I've had in Vegas.

Never been much into the club scene so I can't help you out there. Just be up for anything because it's Vegas! Take naps whenever you want because it never shuts down!

We're going to a friend's wedding in Vegas at the end of June at the Mirage. I hear the pool there is awesome so I'm looking forward to it. Have fun!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Paris hotel buffet for breakfast...so amazing!
    Red Rock Canyon is about 20min away, great hiking and views :) I burned about 1700 cals there!
    Wear comfy shoes, the walking is great!
  • hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    Of all things work is sending me to Vegas next month for training...being in Vegas will make for some rough mornings I am sure...this info should help me plan my evenings though.
  • wiglett
    wiglett Posts: 53
    Options
    Ill be there tomorrow for my 3rd trip!

check out at least one Cirque du Soleil show

and whereever you want to go you can do!

I am going to a punk rock bowling tournament and festival tomorrow. . . punkrockbowling.com <- club shoes, comedy shows, bowling, music fest, great food, great shopping

AHH!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! EEEEEEEEE!!