guy question: massages

Jersey_Devil
Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
If you get a professional body massage (not girlfriend, wife, etc....and no, not happy ending stuff) is it normal to ahem....get "excited"? I so want to get a real massage, but worried about Mr. Poky pitching a tent under that towel. lol Or are these massages just so relaxing that the problem never arises (for lack of a better term. lol) curious.

Replies

• terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    The ones I've had at a spa around here, were so relaxing and mind-numbing that it didn't enter the equation at all. oh yea, it was a chick that gave me the massage so might have had some thing to do with it also :laugh:
    Hubby had one also and don't think it bothered him any tho...Good Luck
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    I've had tons. Never once dude. Really, it's not a worry at all.
  • Jersey_Devil
    I've had tons. Never once dude. Really, it's not a worry at all.

thanks dude. i know its a silly question, but its a legitimate concern too. lol
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 926 Member
    you are more likely to fall asleep than get "excited"
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    It's too relaxing you sort of semi-fall asleep.
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    I haven't had a 'professional' massage before, but I think the masseuses know it would happen. I wouldn't feel embarrassed, but shoot, if it was me i'd probably fall asleep.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member
    SO trying to behave....
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    I don't know, I don't have a poky thingy...
  • My friend does it for a job and she says that they are trained to expect it because it's the body's way of relaxing she also laughs and says that it's her way of knowing that she is doing a good job lol
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    SO trying to behave....

No you aren't. You're just buying time until you can reply with something absolutely terrible/awesome
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,576 Member
    seinfeld-george-costanza-getting-massage.jpg?w=341&h=254
  • Jersey_Devil
    My friend does it for a job and she says that they are trained to expect it because it's the body's way of relaxing she also laughs and says that it's her way of knowing that she is doing a good job lol

thats good to know. lol
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    SO trying to behave....

I'll bite your lip for you that's keeps us both quiet
  • Jules2Be
    SO trying to behave....

No you aren't. You're just buying time until you can reply with something absolutely terrible/awesome

No..i am not buying time...i am wicked full of terrible/awesome:smokin:
  • Jules2Be
    SO trying to behave....

I'll bite your lip for you that's keeps us both quiet

Whoa.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Tenting is normal, just try to ignore it and focus on your breathing and relaxing. Work on visualizing yourself in a white room, or walking through a forest. I know, sounds dumb, but it helps. Who knows, you might just fall asleep and wake yourself up snoring (also completely normal)...lol
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Don't worry. I've had a half dozen at least and that was never an issue. And one of the places was probably a happy ending joint but I didn't know that going in and that was not why I was there. I had a severe pain in my neck, it hurt to look for traffic while driving, and I was there for pain relief. I actually enjoy massages by guys better; stronger hands, however the last one I got was a chair massage in a mall by an Asian gentleman. I swear when he put he body weight via his knee on my left calf I thought I was going to scream like a little girl. Oh man that hurt. I had no idea my calf was that tight. On the pain meter it was intense, very sharp and very deep, searing pain. I had no idea if I could take it when he went to my right calf but it was fine. That's when I realized my left calf was so tight. Ever since then I stretch it like crazy to never get that tight again.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    SO trying to behave....

Jules = busted.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    I was only half honest , I have tented a few times but that is to be expected of thigh massages...
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Happens to me almost every time, but the masseuses don't seem put off or, really, even surprised.