Your running uniform

Options

Replies

• rychma
    rychma Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wicking headband (I have a few in rotation)
    Ear buds and ipod
    C9 Sports bra
    Tank Top
    Compression knee pants
    Anatomical Elite socks from Running Room
    Brooks Pure Cadence for short runs (under 5 miles) and Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 for anything longer
    Polar FT60 with Chest Strap and Foot Pod

I will bring my hand held water bottle if it a long run, along with the Cliff Shot Bloks and my phone.
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    Basic running pants (compression style)
    Cotton t-shirt
    2 Bras - one regular/one sports bra - gotta keep the bounce to a minimum!
    Saucony Ride 4
    socks
    stopwatch

Bug Spray (I run in the woods most of the time and the skeeters are vicious early in the morning)

I keep a water bottle in my truck for the end of the run (I only run about 45 minutes) and stuff my keys in the hitch receiver while I'm gone. I do have a tiny Camelback backpack that I use for hiking that I'm thinking about trying out since it's super lightweight and has a really low profile.
  • sw0301
    sw0301 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Lightweight breathable shirts/tanks & shorts, clothes that have a barely there feeling. I go for running shorts with 'bloomers'.
    Thin & lightweight sports bras (Not blessed, but blessed in my opinion, in the boob dept) love Target's
    Polar FT4 heart rate monitor
    Arm band for my Iphone - I run the C25k app, Runkeeper & some type of music
    Gummy headphones or not, I'll just let my phone play out loud sometimes. I've never had a problem hearing cars, people, dogs, etc. I've realize that I'm very aware of my surroundings.
    I carry pepper spray if I'm running alone. I run in areas I'm familiar with though and most of the people that I run near have even told me about their dogs, etc. I live in a small town, even the police recognize me when running now.
    Brooks PureFlow shoes. Def get fitted, it's taken me a few pairs of shoes to find the right ones even still but I love mine now.
    No sunglasses or hat, love the feeling of the sun beating down on me but def sunscreen!
    Bottle of water, I feel like I don't know what to do with my hands otherwise. Plus I tried to not take water one day and had to turn around and go get one.
    Key if I'm not parking at a family member's house, but then I just tuck it in the handy little pocket built into most of my shorts.

I run/walk 3-4 miles every other day. At first I thought all of this was a hassle but now when I get 'suited up' I feel soooo ready to get going!
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Brooks (dyad 6) running shoes, thorlo socks, running short, tech shirt, ball cap and glasses... phone with bluetooth earbuds.

I run on a city park trail so there are water fountains near the start of the 1 mile loop, so I don't carry water, even in the heat.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Shorts, tank, sports bra, sunscreen, iPod and road ID dogs. Simple, not cluttered. I'm out to run, not look good. I don't carry water unless it's long distance (greater than 5 miles/1 hr).
  • brun73
    brun73 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a DriFit shirt, light weight shorts, a pair of Air Max 360's(soon to be Air Max Tailwind 4's) my armband for my phone with C25K app running and a pair of Nike flex headphones.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    For short runs:
    Hair tie, sports bra, wicking tank top or shirt, running capris or shorts, good socks and my Brooks Ghost 4 shoes. Polar F7 HRM. Occassionally I'll use my ipod.

For long runs:
    Same as above except I add my hydration belt and carry my keys and sometimes a snack in there since I usually run those around a lake nearby that does not have any water fountains.

A tip I learned for not drinking water on short runs is to chew gum instead. I just tried that out recently (not sure why I didn't think of that before!) and it really made a big difference because it keeps your mouth from getting dried out, which was really the only reason why I would drink water before.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I wear a headband, sports bra and tank or tee, HRM, running shorts (w/ built-in briefs), armband w/ iPhone (keeping volume low enough to hear traffic sounds), dri-fit socks, and my Mizunos.

Looking into getting some sunglasses, but I'm worried they'll annoy me.
  • bunnylvr
    bunnylvr Posts: 78
    Options
    Depends on the weather really, but currently, sense it's been hot outside where I live:

Hat
    Sunglasses
    Sport bra
    light weight shorts
    Socks
    Nike running shoes
    Sunscreen
    IPod and earbuds (sometimes)
  • cjcolorado
    cjcolorado Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I run a lot, both on trails and on pavement.

Head to toe:

Lightweight visor
    Smith sunglasses
    Athleta or Brooks tank (w/rear pockets)
    Garmin 405
    Road ID
    Iphone and sometimes headphones, if I want some tunes. (I don't listen to music when trail running)
    Super light windbreaker that I can roll up and stuff into a pocket, if need be (if it's cool, another layer if it's really cool)
    Shorts in warmer weather, running capris or compression capris for cooler weather
    Running socks
    Nike Lunarglides or Saucony Kinvaras for road, trail shoes for trail
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Short, tank, Brooks Pure Connect shoes, Garmin, iPod... will travel. If it is super hot I wear a hat and my fuel belt.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    socks, new NB trail running shoes, nike compression shorts, and gym shorts. yep no shirt.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Leggings or shorts, a tank, Nike Free Run, Ipod, and enough pepper spray to take down a gang of unruly teens.
  • countessvonfangbang
    countessvonfangbang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nike tank-top with a built in bra (I prefer these because I have a small chest and sports bras make my back sore)
    Old beat up t-shirt or an old camisole
    Basketball shorts
    Then I have a water bottle that has a strap so it's easy to carry while I run. It's also got a pocket for my keys.
  • GlfWid0
    GlfWid0 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga capris, and tank tops from Old Navy's active line. Saucony shoes(so awesome, so happy I bought them). My iphone with headphones...I want an armband for it. And a lululemon bang tamer headband.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    When outside I just wear basketball shorts, no shirt.
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    comfy clothes, good sports bra, headband to keep my hair away from my face, capris, good sneakers. I also recently bought a waistband pouch (looks like a mini fanny pack lol) that holds my phone and keys so I don't have to hold anything when I run). Once it gets hotter outside, I'll wear sunglasses, a hat and sunscreen. Hope that helps :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering what everyone wears when they go for a run outside. It seems like most people listen to music, but the thought of not hearing the things going on around me kinda freaks me out. I've also seen that some people carry pepper spray for dogs (or creeps probably.) What clothes do you wear? A hat? Sunglasses? What kind of shoes (I know I need to get fitted, just curious?) I'm on week 3 of C25K and looking forward to running outside after I get to running longer stretches at a time (I'm on my treadmill now.) Just trying to get a sense of what I might want to wear when I brave the great outdoors. Also, don't you get thirsty?? I sip water while I'm on my treadmill but can't imagine I'd want to carry water on an outdoor run. Any tips for a novice runner would be great.
    I run outside. :glasses:

I do listen to music, but didn't at first for the same reason you mentioned - I wanted to be able to hear things around me. Once I got comfy with my route, I added the music, low enough volume that I can hear traffic, etc.

I wear: shorts/capris/tights, wicking tank or tee, hat or visor, sunglasses (rain or shine!), Asics Kahana 6 shoes, iPhone in an armband, knife tucked into my waistband, Road ID on my wrist, HRM & watch.
  • dpollet2
    dpollet2 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It is HOT here, so although I prefer to wear stretchy pants of some kind to hide the jiggle, I suck it up and wear Old Navy running shorts ($12 a pair!!). Sports bra and either a thin t-shirt or a tech shirt. LSU visor and sunglasses most days because it's hot and sunny. I have an arm band with my iphone in it for my running apps and music. I run against traffic and wear both earbuds unless I'm with a buddy, and then I wear only one and tuck the other into my shirt.

When I was training for the half marathon I would run in an area where I could double back and get some water from a bottle I hid in the back of my husbands truck. I hate to wear a belt. I stick to training for shorter distance races now so I don't have to worry about it. I could go about 2 hours without water if I need to.