Do you turn the lights off?

Options
PinkEarthMama
PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
I am a lights on person.

Wherever I go, there are lights left on. Bathroom light is on. Front hall. Bedroom light. Even after I've left the room, the light stays on. On cloudy dark days, the lights never go off. I hate feeling dark and gloomy.

My husband is a lights off person. I'm convinced he's half troll, preferring a shadowed cave to a bright home. It drives me crazy when he starts turning my lights off. I turned them on because I wanted it to be brighter, stop turning them off!

How about you?

( Y'all have very dirty, one track minds. )

Replies

• angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Not what I was expecting from the title...
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm a visual guy in the bedroom lights are on everywhere else I turn them off to conserve electricity
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm a lights on person, (except during sex). My husband is a lights off person. If a light is on, he complains that the electric bill is going to go through the roof. We're on the average, it has barely moved in three years...
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    hahaha That wasn't what I was expecting either....

That being said, I grew up in a house where my father would always follow us around turning all the lights off.... Now I am like that too!

Of course, my fiance is the worst! He leaves every light on, in every room.... And don't get me started with the tv. He will start watching TV downstairs then head up to the game room...and then the tv will be on in both rooms, plus the lights!!! LOL
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    My partner leaves every light on in the house and I go round turning them all off behind him!!

I sit in a room until it's almost pitch dark before I turn the light on too, not on purpose, I just can never be bothered to get up and turn it on! :tongue:
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    And thus pre-made assumptions about this thread are nullified in one fell swoop.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I am a lights on person.

Wherever I go, there are lights left on. Bathroom light is on. Front hall. Bedroom light. Even after I've left the room, the light stays on. On cloudy dark days, the lights never go off. I hate feeling dark and gloomy.

My husband is a lights off person. I'm convinced he's half troll, preferring a shadowed cave to a bright home. It drives me crazy when he starts turning my lights off. I turned them on because I wanted it to be brighter, stop turning them off!

Exactly this.

ETA: I'm also terrified of the dark, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Totally thought this was gonna be about sex...

But anyway, I only turn on lights if it's necessary. Not because I enjoy being in the dark, but to save energy and not run up my electric bill. I turn lights off if I leave a room for the same reason.

ETA I have TONS of windows in my apartment so having lights on (except for in the bathrooms) is only really necessary at night.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am a lights off type and door closed if possible type of person. I love solitude and quietness, so I guess it goes hand and hand.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Lights off. I'll sit in the dark, no problem.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I sit in a room until it's almost pitch dark before I turn the light on too, not on purpose, I just can never be bothered to get up and turn it on! :tongue:

Same. I can't stand it when lights (or other electronics) are left on unnecessarily, it drives me nuts. I love natural light, and am a windows-open kind of girl. I'm fortunate enough to have big west-facing windows in my living room, and there have been many nights I'll sit & read and not realize I should turn the light on until I'm having trouble seeing the words.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Lights off.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I tend to completely forget to turn the lights on. My house is really well lit with natural light during the day, so when I get home it's usually bright, so I leave the lights off, then I wonder why it's dark later. DERP.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    lights on.

always...
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Lights off. My eyes are super sensitive to light. I ALWAYS have sunglasses on outside, even if it's overcast. At home, I have a dim lamps I use inside but even the cutrains are usually drawn.
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    Huh, I thought this topic was regarding something totally different. I am definitely a lights-off person!!!! I pull all the shades up and use the sun as natural light, and when it's dark, I only turn on the light in the room I'm in, IF needed.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Lights off in general. At night, only light on will be in the specific room I'm in.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Totally thought this was gonna be about sex...

But anyway, I only turn on lights if it's necessary. Not because I enjoy being in the dark, but to save energy and not run up my electric bill. I turn lights off if I leave a room for the same reason.

ETA I have TONS of windows in my apartment so having lights on (except for in the bathrooms) is only really necessary at night.

Ditto on all counts.

As for the other thing...I'm good with whatever. But if you like to "gaze" at me during the act, the lights will be off. Creeps me out.
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    Off! Put me in a semi dark room with my book, and a Diet Coke, and I'm in heaven!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    If I enter an empty room, I turn the lights on, unless I'm just passing through.

When I leave a room, I turn the lights off (If I'm the last to leave).