Paleo Recipes

Options
geojeepgirl
geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
Hello Everyone!
Im looking for simple to make paleo recipes. Or what are your favorites and or favorite paleo cookbooks? Im not huge into cooking but try when I can and have the courage to eat my own cooking. =-) :blushing: Would love to find some sort of paleo pizza or something, I imagine it would use almond or coconut flour but Im very new to Paleo and giving myself a 21 day challenge for a new start. Any helpful hints would be great... thanks! :heart:

Replies

• agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • fatz61
    fatz61 Posts: 1
    Options
    Paleo pizza recipe
    Serves 4

Crust ingredients
    ½ cup coconut flour;
    1 cup almond meal;
    1 tsp baking powder;
    2 tsp garlic powder;
    4 eggs;
    3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil;
    ½ cup coconut milk;
    Topping ingredients
    A few tbsp tomato pesto or of your favorite tomato sauce;
    8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped;
    3 artichoke hearts, chopped;
    8 button mushrooms, sliced;
    1 tbsp coconut oil, for cooking;
    50g-100g good quality cooked ham, shaved (amount depends on your preference);

Preparation
    Preheat your oven to 375 F.
    Always begin your pizza making by preparing the crust. This is necessary for this recipe, as the crust requires some cooking time without the toppings.
    In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond meal, baking powder and garlic powder.
    Using a whisk to eliminate any clumping, start mixing in the wet ingredients. I usually continue to whisk as I do this, because it helps prevent the dry ingredients from clumping. You will reach a point when your whisk becomes useless and your hands are necessary, generally when the mixture starts forming a batter.
    The batter will seem quite soft and much different in texture than the usual pizza dough, but once cooked it will take the right form.
    On a well greased and rimmed pizza pan, pour in the batter and spread it until it’s covering the complete surface. It’s important to use a rimmed pan so the batter doesn’t spill off.
    Throw just the crust in the oven and allow it to bake alone for 15-20 minutes.
    Meanwhile, prepare all of your toppings so that you just have to put them on once the crust has baked.
    For the mushrooms, simply heat a pan of a medium heat and cook the sliced mushrooms with the coconut oil for 3 to 4 minutes, until they are well-cooked.
    Spread the sauce on the surface of the crust, as much or as little as you like. Sprinkle on the sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and cooked mushrooms and then top with the ham.
    With the oven still at 375 F, bake the whole pizza for another 10 or so minutes, just to allow the toppings to cook. And then that’s it!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    TIL: Cavemen ate pizza.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    TIL: Cavemen ate pizza.

don't flame this please
  • callmeBAM
    Options
    Primal and paleo sites I use:

thisprimallife.com
    marinasprimalcooking.wordpress.com
    paleodietlifestyle.com
    paleoonabudget.com
    elanaspantry.com
    whatrunslori.com
    cavemanstrong.com
    againstallgrain.com
    fastpaleo.com
    paleopot.com

that should be a good start!
  • geojeepgirl
    Options
    Thank you Bam.
    This helps alot, I truly appreciate it. =-)
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump
  • geogheganh
    geogheganh Posts: 1
    Options
    But how did the cavemen get the coconuts?
  • superstankazz
    superstankazz Posts: 193
    Options
    I don't kow if you can have cheese or not but here is my favorite low carb pizza crust! You can hold it with your hand and it gets crispy. The first time I made it, I didn't tell my family that it was low carb and no one could even tell.
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/thinandcrispy_pizza.html
  • geojeepgirl
    Options
    Thanks Fatz61... looks good!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    bumpsies!
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Primal and paleo sites I use:

thisprimallife.com
    marinasprimalcooking.wordpress.com
    paleodietlifestyle.com
    paleoonabudget.com
    elanaspantry.com
    whatrunslori.com
    cavemanstrong.com
    againstallgrain.com
    fastpaleo.com
    paleopot.com

that should be a good start!

Thanks! The bacon wrapped Tilapia on fastpaleo.com looks so good!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my staples (as seen from my food diary):

Breakfast: protein smoothie OR eggs/bacon. Smoothie is either fruit or coffee mixed with coconut milk (100% paleo, unlike dairy milk) and Natural Optimum Nutrition protein (no sugar added, natural ingredients). I usually cook a pack of bacon on the weekends then just re-heat in the mornings. Both of these meals take less than 4 minutes to make and can be eaten on the go.

Also these are good: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AggieCass09/view/breakfast-quick-healthy-easy-and-paleo-ish-178603

Lunch: salad with chicken/fish or left overs. Avacados always make an appearence! You can also use large butter lettuce leaves as "bread" to hold sandwich stuff together. I have made chicken salad with greek yogurt or baconaise to put in my "sandwiches" also nitrate free lunch meat is good IF meat is actually the only ingredient in it! I've only found one brand where this is true: HEB's Central Market Organics.

Frozen veggies are good if they are just veggies are are not covered in cheese or sauce.

Snacks: nuts (not peanuts---they arent nuts), veggies, fruit

Dinners:
    http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/crockpot/crockpot-pulled-pork/

Meatballs and Spaghetti Squash
    Slice Zuchini and yellow squash in a food processor to make think strips then saute in coconut oil and garlic. Cook meatballs (I use 1/2 pork 1/2 natural beef with egg, almond flour, and italian seasons to taste). Serve with pasta sauce.

Stir Fry- veggies and meat of choice with soy sauce (not paleo, but i make an exception because its just a little)

Steak and veggies

Fish and veggies

Paleo pizza: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AggieCass09/view/paleo-pizza-recipe-193888

Tilaipa (or any meat/fish bredding recipe): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AggieCass09/view/partially-paleo-day-1-178400

Bacon wrapped chicken: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AggieCass09/view/failing-to-plan-is-simply-planning-to-fail-recipes-200184 (I use laughing cow cheese now rather than mozzerella---more flavor and fewer calories)

Think: Meat + Veggies = Meal

This is basically all I eat. But I enjoy it and haven't gotten bored by any means. Everything is so yummy!

let me know if you have more questions, but this should be a good start.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • callmeBAM
    Options
    Not to get in a paleo vs primal debate, but I started paleo and evolved (heh) to primal. I can have cow milk and potatoes with no problems. So, just keep in mind that paleo isn't the end all be all, but it IS the way to go if you have severe problems.

ALSO, look for Kymmu on here. She leads a few paleo groups on here and posts tons of recipes.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Have you got an ipad or a kindle?? I have loads of paleo/primalcook books..But the majority are in MOBI format..
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options

Maybe after inventing the wheel...he invented a ladder...:bigsmile:
  • giselle9938
    Options
    I'm not doing a 100 % Paleo diet, but I cut a lot of processed food and it works well for me so, thanks to everybody who post this awesome recipes
  • giselle9938
    Options

Maybe after inventing the wheel...he invented a ladder...:bigsmile:

Or his cave was near to a beach... who knows lol
  • gonnadoit2010
    gonnadoit2010 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When you can, take a look at www.health-bent.com . They have some great recipes.