Replies

• ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gregwork32
    gregwork32 Posts: 21
    Options
    I've heard the rawer the better with paleo and primal diet... if you think about it Man/Woman didnt have heat source to cook and gathered more veggies, fruit and nuts unless they stumbled across leftover roadkill and ate it raw but certain meats must be cooked but hey I may be wrong ;)
  • THINandFABULOUS
    Options
    Primal and paleo sites I use:

thisprimallife.com
    marinasprimalcooking.wordpress.com
    paleodietlifestyle.com
    paleoonabudget.com
    elanaspantry.com
    whatrunslori.com
    cavemanstrong.com
    againstallgrain.com
    fastpaleo.com
    paleopot.com

that should be a good start!
    Thanks!
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who makes paleo cookies, with almonds I think? I don't have the recipe but they are YUMMY!
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    dude.. bump and a half!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Stalking this!
  • ezyeric
    ezyeric Posts: 1
    Options
    I've heard the rawer the better with paleo and primal diet... if you think about it Man/Woman didnt have heat source to cook and gathered more veggies, fruit and nuts unless they stumbled across leftover roadkill and ate it raw but certain meats must be cooked but hey I may be wrong ;)
    If they didn't have fire would they have had roads for roadkill? :-)
  • GGNZ
    GGNZ Posts: 2
    Options
    And how did the cavemen get protein powder?
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Dont forget the number of cultures out there that have many dishes that fall into Paleo (even Primal as well). There are many asian dishes that never get served with rice or noodles of any kind. Give me a big honkin' pile of Kimchi (big-time Vitamin C), fresh beef-lettuce wraps and just give me the bottle of sriracha - no dish necessary! LOL!!!!!

Some european countries also. I remember a Czech dish that I tried as a child, and loved was a very zesty meatball with a very savory tomato-based sauce served over zucchini, onions and peppers with roasted whole cloves of gahhhhhhhhhlic. All real foods, real flavors, and sooooooooooooooo filling too! Have my husband hooked on the stuff!!!
  • AmieB5
    AmieB5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love these sites!! I'm so excited to find people who are as excited as I am about Paleo food!
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AmieB5
    AmieB5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Some great sites are:

www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com
    www.elanaspantry.com
    www.paleo-project.com
    www.delightfultastebuds.com/recipes

Some great FaceBook sites are:
    Real Sustenance (Gluten and Dairy free recipes)
    Nom Nom Paleo
    Balanced Bites
    PaleoTrail
    Against All Grain
    PaleoPot
    Primal Health
    CaveMomma
    Paleo Parents

And so many more!! Hope these help!!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I love the PaleoMom blog for recipes, and the Cross fit santa cruize paleo food blog.
    http://cfscceat.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/coconut-pound-cake-with-strawberries.html

Ive also posted some of my own paleo food on my blog http://fridaysatamys.blogspot.co.uk/
    Ive only been eating this way for a couple of weeks so theres not much on there now, but feel free to message me :). I eat a lot of meat and veggie stews. Last night I made a sort-of chilli using lean beef mince, tomatos, red wine, courgettes, peppers, onions, garlic, chillis, anchovy and sundried tomato. I cooked it all up in a big pan and let the wine and tomatos reduce to a thick sauce. It was delicious, and I had it with a homemade coconut flour, courgette, ham and chive muffin :)
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I don't follow paleo but there is a great recipe for paleo gluten-free no bake cookies. Type it in google and it is the first thing that comes up. They are delicious!!
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    wow, lots of bumps - I came here to get recipes, but looks like I'll just share my faves:

Sweet potato hash: saute diced sweet potatos, onions and red onion in cocunut oil for a side dish

Lunch: scoop out a large tomato and stuff with tuna mixed with 2tbs homemade paleo mayo (or use the helmans with olive oil if you are not overly paleoriffic) and celery

Can't go wrong with Fajitas - no shell or dairy obviously

Egg bake: shred a sweet potato and put it in a 2qt casserole that is greased with cocount oil. add brocooli, zucchini, mushrooms, onion, red pepper, some cooked sausage, and any other veg you can think of. Beat 6 eggs with 1/4 cup water - pour on top and bake about 1-1.5hrs on 350. Sooooo good, I could eat it for dinner.

1/2 apple with a tablespoon of fresh almond butter

wash and cut a giant bowl of all different kinds of veggies on Sunday night so you have no excuse to polish it off by Friday!
    Ditto with the fruit

Always, Always, Always make extra big dinners so you can take leftovers for lunch. Otherwise it is too tempting to get carryout whch is really heard to find something decent that is paleoriffic. Besides, nothing is better than knowing you have yummy leftovers in the staff lounge for lunch!
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Bump! I cannot wait to try some of these!