Don't ever take your car to Walmart and get the oil changed!

Options

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I take my car to WalMart and have never had a problem with it. Just because you work at WalMart doesn't make you stupid....

No, it doesn't. But they go hand in hand 99% of the time. The employee's are mostly worthless, lazy, drunks or pot heads (in my area) and I know more about their store than they do and I hate it.

I'm embarrassed to have you on my friends list.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I've had that exact thing happen before.

Got an "oil change" and as soon as I got home (10-15 miles later), the "check oil" light was on. Obviously having a good case of WTFitis, I popped the hood & checked the oil gauge........dry!

WTF! :huh:

Needless to say, a supervisor was in my driveway at 9PM that night doing a complete do-over. I've never taken it back since.

Plus, the guy I go to now is cheaper, more reliable and provides much better quality of service.

However, that's not to say I have never had a good experience while getting my oil changed at another Wal-Mart, I have. That one experience just put a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh and to whoever generalized Wal-Mart employees, BRAVO, *kitten*. :flowerforyou:

Sterotyping is ALWAYS a good way to make friends
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    My thought is dont go to Walmart ever for anything. 16+ years and counting since I have stepped foot in that God forsaken place.

You're right. They should fire the hundreds of thousands of employees nation wide, and shut that budget-friendly place down (largest employer; second to the government). We'll all be better off for it.
    /end sarcasm

The US would be better off w/ out Walmart. I'll argue the hell out of this topic if you want.

I'm curious how an instant layoff of hundreds of thousands of employees would make the place better off. Because that's the only option. You can't go back and have a "do over".

You put hundreds of thousands of income-earners out of work, and suddenly the burden on unemployment breaks the country. Do you think thousands of small businesses would pop up overnight, offering a premium wage, and health benefits? Not gonna happen.

I never said it was a good company. But the fact remains, they employ a sh!tload of people (many, who honestly wouldn't qualify for a higher-waged job), and sell products that people in a sh!tty economy can afford.

No, it's not the best scenario, but closing the doors overnight would only make things worse.

Health benefits + Walmart? No way! They are notorious for not giving their employees benefits

I never said that. Please don't put words in my mouth.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I will never go to WM for an oil change...I've heard too many horror stories there. My hubby changes my oil! ;)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I take my car to WalMart and have never had a problem with it. Just because you work at WalMart doesn't make you stupid....

No, it doesn't. But they go hand in hand 99% of the time. The employee's are mostly worthless, lazy, drunks or pot heads (in my area) and I know more about their store than they do and I hate it.

Again,

You're going to argue about the employees in my area? Which I CLEARLY stated.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    I too know many people that work/have worked at Walmart and they were smart, good people. That's really horrible to say, and knowing that so many people work there?? SMH...To the OP, That sucks!! Good luck!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    For what its worth - My cousin in Southern California is a school teacher. Well, she was... She has a Masters Degree and she is currently working at Walmart. Why? Because she needed a job RIGHT NOW so that she could afford to pay her bills and feed her kids after the school district released her from her position due to cutbacks. She is not stupid, lazy, on drugs, or anything like that. She would rather WORK for her money than take unemployment or welfare. God, she really IS stupid (note sarcasm)!

If I had to choose between being unemployed and going to work at Walmart so that I could feed my kids... well, I must be a stupid, lazy, no good pothead.

Sad to see the stereotypes floating around.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options

Again,

You know 99% of the people that work at the Walmart in your area??? Weeeiirdd...
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

Again,

I'm not arguing at all. Glad to hear your one encounter with someone in the fabrics department of your local WalMart made you an expert on the types of people who work there. Why not just own up to the fact that what you said was inappropriate instead of trying to make other people look bad?
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add that sometimes when volume goes up, quality goes down. Walmart has very high volume due to low cost, and when people get overloaded and overworked, quality suffers. At one time,our shop had 9 techs. We had tons of business, but a lot more problems than we do with the current 3 guys. Imagine how many cars a day walmart puts through!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    But if they were skilled at something, they wouldn't be at Walmart.

Hi there, I'm a Walmart employee. I've been to college. I got the highest SAT score in my high school class. I've just qualified to go into the Air Force as a Crypto Linguist in the intel field. I also live in the middle of nowhere. If you don't work at Walmart, you pretty much don't work here. A job is a job.
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    They put the wrong oil in my brother's engine in spite of his explicit instructions to use another kind. His engine blew up. He went back to confront them about it, and they just shrugged. I refuse to go to Wal-Mart for an oil change.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My thought is dont go to Walmart ever for anything. 16+ years and counting since I have stepped foot in that God forsaken place.

You're right. They should fire the hundreds of thousands of employees nation wide, and shut that budget-friendly place down (largest employer; second to the government). We'll all be better off for it.
    /end sarcasm

The US would be better off w/ out Walmart. I'll argue the hell out of this topic if you want.

I'm curious how an instant layoff of hundreds of thousands of employees would make the place better off. Because that's the only option. You can't go back and have a "do over".

You put hundreds of thousands of income-earners out of work, and suddenly the burden on unemployment breaks the country. Do you think thousands of small businesses would pop up overnight, offering a premium wage, and health benefits? Not gonna happen.

I never said it was a good company. But the fact remains, they employ a sh!tload of people (many, who honestly wouldn't qualify for a higher-waged job), and sell products that people in a sh!tty economy can afford.

No, it's not the best scenario, but closing the doors overnight would only make things worse.

Health benefits + Walmart? No way! They are notorious for not giving their employees benefits

I never said that. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Walmart pays above minimum wage and offers benefits after 3 and 6 months of working there.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

/end sarcasm

Ive worked at 4 diffrent wal marts and had health insurance at each one
  • JessicaW0204
    Options

Again,

You know 99% of the people that work at the Walmart in your area??? Weeeiirdd...

lol ^^
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Walmart pays above minimum wage

True! My sister used to work for Wal-Mart and, shocker!, she's NOT lazy, stupid or a druggie. I digress. She used to work at Wal-Mart and made more money than I do and I work in the Corporate Office as a Buyer of men's clothing for a big name high end retailer.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Well my husband is a car mechanic so i get mine for free...
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I don't take my cars to ANYONE for basic maintance.
    I will admit that I do have an advantage. I do have a "Toy Store" in West Palm where the hot rod gets parked and I have a lift there which makes changing the oil a whole lot easier but, when I do my own work, it also allowes me to do a quick visual of all of the crap underneath the car/truck as well.
    Since I do it myself, I know that I am only using high quality oils and high quality filters.
    Now, I will give my little rant concerning Wal-Mart.
    I had aquired a small bass boat for free with crap tires on it.
    I was able to tow it to Wal-Mart (limp it) with the tires riding on the rims.
    When I asked them to mount new tires on the boat trailer. They refused.
    Finally, the manager told me that they did not have a jack strong enough to lift the boat and trailer.
    I pointed out that the entire combonation was around 700 LBS but, they would not budge.
    I ended up changing both tires myself in the parking lot of Wal-Mart.
    I did throw the old tires in the middle of the oil change lane just because I was irritated.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

You're an idiot.

You're going to argue about the quality of Walmart employee's in my area? Fine.

How about this one...

Employee in the fabric area, cutting fabric...
    Me *Excuse me ma'am, do you have xxxx fabric...?
    - Sorry, this isn't my section.

Just a small sample.

They're horrible for the companies who's products are there. They're horrible for small businesses, the ones who know you by name, the ones who sponsor your sons tball team, your daughters cheerleading teams and will stay open late for you if you're running late.

You're a moron if you think Walmart is good for the American economy. They're only good for the Chinese.

So...because that one person wasn't familiar with the section you happened to be in, she's an idiot? Wouldn't you rather ask a section employee and get the right answer than have someone waste your time and guess?? This is an idiotic example!

I'm not arguing with you about how bad they are for small business, however, since they ARE here and employ THOUSANDS of Americans, who pay taxes, and support their own local economies, better watch out how much you spout...and seem to know nothing about.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

I've got a degree in Electronics Engineering, have owned 3 of my own businesses, and have worked there. I somehow think you pulled that 99% number out of your *kitten*.
    Certainly smells like it.
This discussion has been closed.