• msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    what happens on the 18th day?

You start another 17 day cycle. ;)
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I had great success on the 17 day diet. I mean, it wasn't SUBSTANTIAL by any means but it did help to kickstart my weight loss and pull me away from the carb/processed food cravings. I still follow all the main concepts taught in the diet like high protein, low carbs, lots of veggies and water (which is the whole idea... it's a lifestyle change... not just something you do for 17 days then stop).

I highly recommend it! Just plan it out ahead of time and you will be good to go. Maybe grill some chicken or cook some ground turkey a couple days in advance to add to your veggies and eggs. Boil some eggs. Buy some frozen or fresh veggies. Buy 2 weeks worth of yogurt /probiotic servings (2 per day). Its a lot more simple than people think! :)
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 3rd day of C1. Today was MUCH better. Wasn't sure I could make it through yesterday. I hope it will get easier with each day. I find it hard to eat chicken, so I am sticking with fish, shrimp, and yogurt and cottage cheese. I had shirataki noodles with a veggie stir fry today. I think that is what helped make the day easier. I hope others will join in here and talk about what works/doesn't work for them. I would love to hear more stories! Dyanna
  • ampgsp03
    ampgsp03 Posts: 20
    Options
    i got the steamers :) ty so much and i started today and been doing ok so far..
  • ampgsp03
    Options
    im deffently making in bulk!!
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    i tried it for a while and it works well and your system feels a lot cleaner, i just thought it was to restrictive for me.

Did anyone else though feel the book was horrible written? Not everyone has writing skills, this guy should have hired someone who could write. I had such a hard time reading the book.
  • chelseyjoan
    chelseyjoan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've done the south beach diet, ultrasimple detox and 17 day diet. They are all great ways to jump start weightloss because I typically loose about 10lbs in only a week, and after the first couple of weeks your body no longer craves the bad stuff which makes you gain weight, so that is why it is a good beginning step for a lifestyle change. However, the first couple days you do feel tired, dizzy, headaches and sometimes even faint just due to the fact that you're body is withdrawing from carbohydrates and sugars and wondering what you're doing to it- but that only lasts a few days! It's hard at first but definitely get's easier, so don't give up! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I tried it at the beginning of the year and didn't like it much. Too restrictive for me, although I did get in the habit of having Kefir and miso soup. Love both now!
  • ampgsp03
    Options
    i hate the book i dont understand it and hab=ve to use the 17 dd site on fb more bc the book is poorly written
  • chesneyfan01
    chesneyfan01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am on C1 Day 5 of the 17 Day Diet. I have been doing pretty well. I too felt really tired on days 3 and 4 but do feel better today. I know its still early but stepped on the scales this morn and have only lost 1 pound so far. Hoping to see more results!!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    It worked for me!
    Last year I did cycle one and lost 10 lbs in 17 days (went from 163-153) and kept it off!
    I have plateaued/yo-yo'd for the past year, so I started it again a week ago and have lost over 4lbs this week (down from 147 to 142.8) and I find it so easy to stick to. It is strict, but you are not hungry because of all the protein. My advice to those trying it is to make as few changes as possible. And I hope you love yogurt lol. This time I can't wait to cycle through all the stages and hit my goal weight.
    Best of luck!