Request: Chicken Tacos!

Options
13»

Replies

• CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like to put my chicken in the crockpot with salsa in and then shred it when it's done. Smells so awesome in the house! Use high fiber tortillas and then of course your fixins!
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We are looking to make chicken tacos for dinner tonight...just wondering what the best ingredients are for us to buy (especially tortillas or hard taco shells!) in order to keep the calories as low as possible!

We will probably just bake the chicken (we aren't creative) and shred it up. Lettuce, cheese, black olives are likely to be included. I need to have some sort of sauce (no clue). Sour cream is a must have for the boyfriend.

Any suggestions? :]

Place chicken breasts in a crockpot.
    Mix one packet taco seasoning with 1 can (small) tomato paste and 1 cup water together.
    Pour over chicken.
    Cook on low 8 hours. Shred chicken and serve.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    skip the crunchy or flour tortillas. Go with fresh corn tortillas, heat them up one by one over the flame on a gas stove
    Boil, then shred chicken, season with salsa verde. Spoon over heated tortilas, sprinkle finely chopped onions and cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice

If you must, mix up some 0% greek yogurt with finely chopped cilantro and lime juice and use that in place of sour cream.