A question for women, rephrased

Options
Before I ask my question I want to inform you that I'm currently not in a healthy state of mind. I'm very depressed lately and I'm bugging out. I want to have a healthier state of mind because that is part of being healthy/fit.

If your coming here with intentions of bashing my thread, going and looking at my profile and jumping to conclusions because of my inspirations and etc... then grow up. I want to be fit for 1 Vagina only, my girlfriends vagina. I'll touch base with that in a minute. I'm not a tool even though the signs are there. I've had 3 gfs in my life so I'm pretty sure that does not make me a tool.

For the past year me and my girlfriend have been dating. I do everything for her. I pay the bills, I make her breakfast in bed when she wants it. I cook all the food, when she comes home from work I greet her with a kiss and ask her about her day. When she is sick I take extra special care of her including CARRYING her to the bathroom. She literally makes me go with her to the bathroom to P, and to do her makeup blah blah blah. I've cut out a bunch of hearts with sweet notes on them and taped them to her car. I've made her mix cd's of that acoustic love crap she likes and drew a little picture of a teddy bear holding flowers to be the cd cover. I open all the doors for her, I lift the seat... One time she was all drugged up on xanax (thanks doc) and she pissed the bed. I didn't kick her out and make her clean it up like most men would have. I picked her up and gave her a bath because she simply wouldn't wake up. I didn't want her getting a rash so yeah... She had a car accident guess who was there to take care of her? Me. Guess who wasn't, her family... I've made candle lit pathways to a bubble bath so to say that I'm not chivalrous is dumb. Literally when she gets home from work she kicks back and orders me around. "give me a drink, i'm hungry, let me have that pillow etc..."

What do I get in return? She comes home to me, she might take me with her to see her friends, she smokes her ganja with me... Other than that NOTHING. Sure we have sex almost every night but to me that isn't enough. Is this all of this because she thinks "oh i'll just give him some and call it even?"

If I didn't treat her like a princess we wouldn't be together I'm sure. What is behind this type of behaviour. Ask me any question you like to help me get to the bottom of this. example: "is her parents around?" Why oh why does she feel the need to be treated like a princess all the time and not treat me the same way?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    You've been treating her this way for a year and she's been acting the way she does for a year and you are just now questioning it? She doesn't do anything for you because she doesn't have to. You need to move on, gain some self confidence and self respect, get yourself mentally healthy (I'd suggest counseling), then find a normal woman. This one isn't going to change now. No decent woman wants a man to treat her like this. We want a man with a back bone.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    You've been treating her this way for a year and she's been acting the way she does for a year and you are just now questioning it? She doesn't do anything for you because she doesn't have to. You need to move one, gain some self confidence and self respect, get yourself mentally healthy (I'd suggest counseling), then find a normal woman. This one isn't going to change now. No decent woman wants a man to treat her like this. We want a man with a back bone.

DOUBLE THIS ...
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think I'm going to use my one daily serious response to a thread on this one today. But I'm a dude, sorry.

Dude, you are doing too much for her, she's taking advantage and walking all over you. You doting on her every day like that has forced her to live with the expectation that she can do these things. Not that she's a selfich b*tch or anything, you just basically laid yourself out to be walked on like a door mat. Doing it every day just made her think "oh, this is how it's supposed to be". Plus, she probably doesn't go the extra mile for you because you are always going the extra mile. If you backed off she might actually have a chance to do it once in a while. You should probably back off and if she dumps you for it, that's even better for you, even though you won't think so in the moment.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    There is an excellent word that people need to learn. It's called "No"
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You've been treating her this way for a year and she's been acting the way she does for a year and you are just now questioning it? She doesn't do anything for you because she doesn't have to. You need to move on, gain some self confidence and self respect, get yourself mentally healthy (I'd suggest counseling), then find a normal woman. This one isn't going to change now. No decent woman wants a man to treat her like this. We want a man with a back bone.

THIS!

Find a woman, not a girl. You sound like a good guy, so just work on finding a woman who is WORTH the effort who reciprocates affection and has respect for you.
  • Brechin89
    Brechin89 Posts: 92
    Options

A backbone huh? Please explain. To me that says "A guy who will stand up and even fight for me" which I have done.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    When she is sick I take extra special care of her including CARRYING her to the bathroom. She literally makes me go with her to the bathroom to P, and to do her makeup blah blah blah.

How sick does a person have to be to not be able to get to the bathroom. Unless she is physically incapable of moving, why would you allow yourself do be treated this way? (And why would she be needing to do her make-up if she's sick enough not to be able to get herself to the bathroom?)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Dude, stop asking us. Ask her.
  • Brechin89
    Options

THIS!

Find a woman, not a girl. You sound like a good guy, so just work on finding a woman who is WORTH the effort who reciprocates affection and has respect for you.

She's worth the effort to me even though others may not think so.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

A backbone huh? Please explain. To me that says "A guy who will stand up and even fight for me" which I have done.

You've got to stand up for yourself to her. I'm not talking about wining bar fights here. I'm talking about expecting the woman who loves you to treat you with respect and dignity.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Before I ask my question I want to inform you that I'm currently not in a healthy state of mind. I'm very depressed lately and I'm bugging out. I want to have a healthier state of mind because that is part of being healthy/fit.

If your coming here with intentions of bashing my thread, going and looking at my profile and jumping to conclusions because of my inspirations and etc... then grow up. I want to be fit for 1 Vagina only, my girlfriends vagina. I'll touch base with that in a minute. I'm not a tool even though the signs are there. I've had 3 gfs in my life so I'm pretty sure that does not make me a tool.

For the past year me and my girlfriend have been dating. I do everything for her. I pay the bills, I make her breakfast in bed when she wants it. I cook all the food, when she comes home from work I greet her with a kiss and ask her about her day. When she is sick I take extra special care of her including CARRYING her to the bathroom. She literally makes me go with her to the bathroom to P, and to do her makeup blah blah blah. I've cut out a bunch of hearts with sweet notes on them and taped them to her car. I've made her mix cd's of that acoustic love crap she likes and drew a little picture of a teddy bear holding flowers to be the cd cover. I open all the doors for her, I lift the seat... One time she was all drugged up on xanax (thanks doc) and she pissed the bed. I didn't kick her out and make her clean it up like most men would have. I picked her up and gave her a bath because she simply wouldn't wake up. I didn't want her getting a rash so yeah... She had a car accident guess who was there to take care of her? Me. Guess who wasn't, her family... I've made candle lit pathways to a bubble bath so to say that I'm not chivalrous is dumb. Literally when she gets home from work she kicks back and orders me around. "give me a drink, i'm hungry, let me have that pillow etc..."

What do I get in return? She comes home to me, she might take me with her to see her friends, she smokes her ganja with me... Other than that NOTHING. Sure we have sex almost every night but to me that isn't enough. Is this all of this because she thinks "oh i'll just give him some and call it even?"

If I didn't treat her like a princess we wouldn't be together I'm sure. What is behind this type of behaviour. Ask me any question you like to help me get to the bottom of this. example: "is her parents around?" Why oh why does she feel the need to be treated like a princess all the time and not treat me the same way?

You're making it too easy. She knows she has you where she wants you. You need to make her think that you are capable of being without her. Women usually never go for the guy who is an easy catch and do whatever they want. Make her work a bit for the affection, if she doesn't come around, then find one who will. Make her see that you have a life besides her. I'm not saying treat her like dirt, but show some independence and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Make plans that don't involve her
    Get a hobby that you can do on your own
    Show her that you have a life besides her

On the other hand you are getting a lot of .... so you might not have it as bad as you think.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think I'm going to use my one daily serious response to a thread on this one today. But I'm a dude, sorry.

Dude, you are doing too much for her, she's taking advantage and walking all over you. You doting on her every day like that has forced her to live with the expectation that she can do these things. Not that she's a selfich b*tch or anything, you just basically laid yourself out to be walked on like a door mat. Doing it every day just made her think "oh, this is how it's supposed to be". Plus, she probably doesn't go the extra mile for you because you are always going the extra mile. If you backed off she might actually have a chance to do it once in a while. You should probably back off and if she dumps you for it, that's even better for you, even though you won't think so in the moment.

This.

ETA: You honestly seem like a very nice guy, but she's not giving those same things back to you. Think of it this way, if you have someone doing everything for you, why you do anything differently? This girl's living the life, and you're getting screwed. Relationships involve 2 people, doing equal things. Not one getting everything and the other getting nothing. That's just not fair to you.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

It means a guy who will stand up and fight for himself.
  • Brechin89
    Options

Her reason is "I'm just not like that, i've never done this or that for any boyfriend i've ever had"
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You've been treating her this way for a year and she's been acting the way she does for a year and you are just now questioning it? She doesn't do anything for you because she doesn't have to. You need to move one, gain some self confidence and self respect, get yourself mentally healthy (I'd suggest counseling), then find a normal woman. This one isn't going to change now. No decent woman wants a man to treat her like this. We want a man with a back bone.

DOUBLE THIS ...

Triple that!

Also if you're in a bad headspace and feeling down smoking weed is a downer so that will make it worse. Lay off the weed and move on. You need to find someone that appreciates you more than she seem to. Also try not to be a doormat. We won't stop you from being a doormat because it's nice at first. Then it's just kind of sad. Then we start to resent you for having no backbone. But this is just my life experience - you may be totally different. Best of luck to you!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

THIS!

She's worth the effort to me even though others may not think so.

Doesn't sound like it. Of course, we only see your side of this story here.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

You've got to stand up for yourself to her. I'm not talking about wining bar fights here. I'm talking about expecting the woman who loves you to treat you with respect and dignity.

Once again, this.
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    damn common sense strikes!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Her reason is "I'm just not like that, i've never done this or that for any boyfriend i've ever had"

Sounds like she's a selfish person then. Relationships are give and take. You give and you expect that the other person gives also. Don't be a doormat. You're 22. Plenty of other amazing women out there.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I hope you will one day be fit for your girlfriend's vagina. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.