Body Confidence

Options
cm1458
cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
Is it strange that even though I am not yet at my goal weight I am still confident when it comes to my body?
I am 5'8, 153lbs, size 8. So yes, I'm tall and I'm not stick thin.
I realize that a lot of people, before reaching goal weight, are not confident when it comes to their bodies. Some people even think it's wrong to be my size and confident about my body. I've actually been "hit on" more than once in stores and public places, even though I'm still this size. I know a lot of people think that unless a woman is Size X( or whatever they prefer), they should lose weight. So what do you think, honestly? Is it wrong for me to be confident and dress confidently, despite being a (commonly-referred-to-as) "bigger" size?

~thanks~

Replies

• illuminatusObservor
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that at all! That is a wonderful out look to have honestly :]

I wish I had it xD
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It's not wrong for you to EVER be confident in yourself.

If you are overweight to where it is unhealthy and aren't doing anything about it because you think you look good being big ("I LOVE BEING 'CURVY' AND I AM HAPPY JUST THE WAY I AM (even though I might die young due to my weight)!!!"), then it is a problem. But being proud of your body while still wanting to improve it is great!

Way to be! :drinker: Rock whatcha got (as long as you are always on the road to being healthy!)!!!
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    No there is nothing wrong with it! You are absolutely awesome!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with having confidence at any size. I wish I had more confidence. I know women a whole lot bigger than me that do. So confidence is a good thing and i think it will only HELP you reach your goals.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Um, how is 5'8, 153lbs and a size 8 even remotely a "bigger size"?

I'm 5'10, 168lbs. and a size 14 and I am of 'normal weight'. I'm confused by this. :-/

I couldn't ever achieve a size 8. I was really skinny at one point and even that was only a size 10.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think confidence make people more beautiful. Regardless of their physical traits.
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    Self-esteem and body-image are two separate things, while they can go hand-in-hand, they don't have to. Sounds like you have a great self-esteem and your confidence within your body shows that. I don't think a person should be a size x IN ORDER TO BE HAPPY with themselves. A size or number shouldn't define a person like that. Keep being happy within yourself. That's a goal better than any number or size. Good for you!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    A UK size 8 is tiny for a woman of your height so I'm having trouble visualising but I've heard it said that if you are in proportion most will guess you as slimmer than you actually are anyway.
  • cm1458
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that at all! That is a wonderful out look to have honestly :]

I wish I had it xD

Thanks. I didn't have it until recently. I've learned that I cant spend my life hating myself because im a few pounds heavier than some people and I dont have the PERFECT body, but I'm still a healthy weight. I have extra skin and a lot of faded stretchmarks, but I'm still pretty confident with how I look. You should be too. Love yourself :flowerforyou:
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely great that you are confident in your body!! But, at 5'8" and 153 lbs. I don't think you would be considered a "bigger" woman.
  • cm1458
    Options
    It's not wrong for you to EVER be confident in yourself.

If you are overweight to where it is unhealthy and aren't doing anything about it because you think you look good being big ("I LOVE BEING 'CURVY' AND I AM HAPPY JUST THE WAY I AM (even though I might die young due to my weight)!!!"), then it is a problem. But being proud of your body while still wanting to improve it is great!

Way to be! :drinker: Rock whatcha got (as long as you are always on the road to being healthy!)!!!

Thanks a ton!
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If you feel confident, that's all that matters. Only you should be able to decide how you feel! No number, person or group should have any gauge on how you feel yourself :)
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Girl Rock that *kitten*....Be proud of what youve accomplished and show yourself off.....It also will inspire others to do so ! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Me too which is why it's hard for me to be motivated to do the last bit of *tweaking*.
  • LoveLaughSweatFuel
    LoveLaughSweatFuel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" weigh 190 wear a size 12 .... and I'm 100% comfortable and confident in every thing in life. :smile:
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Um, how is 5'8, 153lbs and a size 8 even remotely a "bigger size"?

I'm 5'10, 168lbs. and a size 14 and I am of 'normal weight'. I'm confused by this. :-/

I couldn't ever achieve a size 8. I was really skinny at one point and even that was only a size 10.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...but regardless...You should be confident, absolutely. The more confident you are the taller you stand and the more attractive you are. True story!
  • kmel2479
    kmel2479 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You are hardly a bigger size my friend!! You look amazing and should feel confident in yourself no matter what!!
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    It's absolutely great that you are confident in your body!! But, at 5'8" and 153 lbs. I don't think you would be considered a "bigger" woman.

compared to Kate Moss she is

*sigh*
    seems like someone is doing a little fishing here
  • cm1458
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with having confidence at any size. I wish I had more confidence. I know women a whole lot bigger than me that do. So confidence is a good thing and i think it will only HELP you reach your goals.

It took me a long time to accept it. I have extra skin and a lot of faded stretchmarks, but they are a part of me and I have to accept it. You should be more confident. I feel a lot better since i stopped "beating myself up" because I'm not a size 2. I know sometimes it is hard to be, but love yourself and be confident! :flowerforyou:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    True beauty and sexiness starts from within and radiates to through rest of you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!