Ladies with a LOT of weight to lose and PCOS?

Options
1235»

Replies

• wordnerd55
    Options
    I've been diagnosed for about 2 years now. I'd love to lose about 50lbs eventually, but right now my goal is 30. I take 1000mg of metformin twice a day, and it seems to help. I'm already down about 15lbs! :) I'm really interested in trying the cinnamon as well. I have a question about carbs though. I'm trying to watch my grain based carbs(though it's so hard because those are my downfall!) but what about fruit based carbs? Right now I eat a cup or two of applesauce for breakfast, as well as fruit throughout the day. Should I count those carbs too, or are they okay? Thanks, and good luck to you all! :)
  • mybbyajmc
    mybbyajmc Posts: 14
    Options
    I also hve pcos and have about 80lbs to lose. Its nice to see others here who understands what its like. Id love for anyone to add me too :o)
  • TessaKaye81
    TessaKaye81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm new to the boards as well. I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago and am currently taking 1000 mg of Metformin a day. I have a bout 170 pounds that I need to lose to be at my healthy weight. I'm currently looking into different gym options and hope that I will find one soon that works for me. Please feel free to add me as a friend and hopefully we can help to inspire and hold each other accountable :)
  • Luffzilla
    Luffzilla Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to lose 120 to be at my healthy weight... but yeah right I'm aiming for 60 cause im lazy no pcos as far as I know tho although it may explain a few things... :P GL with your struggles everyone! ^^ <3
  • hollywood8782
    hollywood8782 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies I am and many women in my family also have this problem. I found that losing weight is indeed extremely hard but my doctor said it is one of the most successful ways in order to get pregnant. I found that when I did eat healthy before, I started to come on as regular as possible and that was like 3 months in a row and I was so elated. And if I did eat things with sugar in it, I followed up with a dose of ground cinnamon. Now I am just changing alot of my eating habits and taking prenatal vitamins just in case I dont get all my vitamin intake. Very weird when I took the vitamins at first, I came on another 3 months and now Im at a stand still again (but Im still taking them). I mean I'm not wanting to be a mother now but I eventually want a child. I felt so broken and useless in a sense because of it but now I'm like it's no reason to soak in sorrow. Many women have it and have successfully become pregnant. My one cousin got pregnant when she lost weight and the other got pregnant when she was on prenatals and hormones. So it is possible! And I also know that if I were not to be pregnant then it will not be the end of the world, many children need a home. So that comforts me alot knowing that their are alternatives there. Anyway enough of babbling ladies, I hope everyone situation turns around for the good and stay hopeful. And if you would like to be buddies, dont be afraid to add!
  • jessimom
    jessimom Posts: 29
    Options
    I have PCOS too :( ... Finally got the official diagnosis after nothing went back to normal with my first child (boy). My GYN said after I had my daughter that I may just need to relax about the weight loss since I am a working mom with little time and have PCOS .... Just made me determined to prove him wrong ... I told him I just wouldn't sleep as much and that is how I squeezed in c25k ... Starting week four now :) ... And already below my pre-pregnancy weight for my daughter!

Keep taking Metformin if u become pregnant. I almost stopped it bc I was parinoid, but found out it not only helped me ovulate but had a decreased rate of miscarriage if I stayed on it while pregnant. I know have healthy little girl who was not overweight at birth:)