Shedding for the Wedding?

Options

Replies

• PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Anyone else on here trying to drop some weight before their wedding? (or more accurately - the honeymoon?!) I have been struggling with my weight for a little while and as soon as my fiance proposed and we set the date I knew it was time to get serious! I've been needing to do this but this was finally the motivation I needed. I have already lost 10 pounds but have at least 8 more to go (once I get to my GW I'll reevaluate) - goal date: September 15, 2012!

I'd love support from others going through the same thing!

OMG!!! My wedding is September 20th, and while you're getting married, I'll be having my stagette!!! Lol.
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to use a wedding as my motivation, but not my own. My sister is engaged and the wedding date is May 18th, 2013. I will graciously be the matron of honor, but I cannot do it the size I am now. I am 8 years older than my 23 year old sister, so I will not only be the oldest in the wedding party, but the only one that has had children. I have wanted to lose weight for a while, but Sam's wedding is inspiring me to get to it. I do not want to be immortilized in her wedding pics as the fat bridesmaid. I currently weigh in at 224 (YUCK!!) and my goal weight is 150. If you brides will have me, would like to join this group as a bridesmaid in need. :) Maybe along the way some of you can let me know what you loved, or wished you had, in a MOH.

Good luck! My goal date is August 27 (so that I can maintain until my Sept. 15 wedding and get appropriate alterations) - but feel free to add me for support! I plan to continue with MFP for a while to maintain the lifestyle change. Logging food and getting support on here has made a huge difference in my journey! Best of luck to you!
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Getting married in 12 weeks as of Saturday. This week was supposed to be the starting point of eating healthy and working out but as always I am struggling to get going! Not to mention that I'm constantly traveling for work and we both work long hours. I need help :-(

I understand the working long hours - it makes it MUCH harder to eat healthy. I've started packing a lot so that I can have healthy snacks on hand and making excuses to go for walks throughout the day. Some days I don't have time for a long workout but by watching calories and sneaking in some walks I have managed to stay on track! Feel free to add me for support :) You can do this!!!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    congrats to all you brides and brides-to-be!! I'm on here because YAY i got engaged a week ago!! haha, but also, i am 5'4 135 lbs and would like to lose 10 by the wedding, July 27th 2013. woo hoo! :)
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Awesome ladies! I aimed to lose 30 lbs for my wedding and ended up at 23. Luckily my dress was corseted LOL. I was happy with most of my picts though, so I guess it was a success!

Stay focused, stay motivated, and you will get there!

Yay! It's really nice to hear from someone who got married!

Thank you for the inspiration and encouragement. I fell off the wagon and need to get back on.
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    New to the forums after lurking for quite awhile. Wedding is 03/23/13 and would like to lose another 40 lbs before the big day. I've been making life changes for the past year but have slowed down recently and need to get serious again!

I am inspired by your weight loss and healthy lifestyle changes! Good for you! Pick up the pace :)

Love your encouragement, Watermelon!!!!

I think we need to stay accountable to our fellow brides here. I know I, for one, do better when someone is kicking my butt :)
  • bethanynovak
    bethanynovak Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Getting married 4-13-2013. Would love to lose 15 or 20 lbs by then!! I have decided that it is time to REALLY get serious about this :)
  • Eerinelizz
    Eerinelizz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've been married for almost 12 years, but I will be the matron of honor in my sister's wedding at the end of September. That's my biggest motivation right now. My sister looks fantastic in my wedding pictures, and I want to look fantastic in hers! Is that selfish? Maybe, but she is already skinny and I know she wants me to be healthy again, too. Good luck to all of you on you weight loss efforts!
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    YAY! MFP Brides!!! I can't believe that I haven't found this thread sooner!

I'm getting married 10 November 2012 (Get it...10/11/12 :laugh: )

My overall goal weight puts me back down to my college days (and those jeans that I miss so much!). But for the wedding, right now, I'm focused of toning up my arms for my strapless gown! Gulp!

Please feel free to friend me as we're all going through the joys of wedding planning, weight loss, and healthy lifestyles!
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    i'm getting married June 15, 2013!!! My mom is coming into town to try on dresses in September. I need to lose at least 10-1 lb by then, and about 50 more before my wedding. My only problem is how can I buy a dress now, when I plan on being a lot smaller by the time my wedding day comes?
  • cvance3
    Options
    i'm getting married June 15, 2013!!! My mom is coming into town to try on dresses in September. I need to lose at least 10-1 lb by then, and about 50 more before my wedding. My only problem is how can I buy a dress now, when I plan on being a lot smaller by the time my wedding day comes?

Alterations can work wonders! If you find something you like, you have enough time that you can hold off on ordering (see when the latest you can order the dress and still get it in time for your wedding)...that would give you more time to see how things here go.
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options

Alterations can work wonders! If you find something you like, you have enough time that you can hold off on ordering (see when the latest you can order the dress and still get it in time for your wedding)...that would give you more time to see how things here go.

Thank you! Good idea. I just am not sure how this stuff works.
  • cvance3
    Options
    Check with the boutique to be sure -but I'm sure that they'll be understanding & work with you!
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    I am hoping to use a wedding as my motivation, but not my own. My sister is engaged and the wedding date is May 18th, 2013. I will graciously be the matron of honor, but I cannot do it the size I am now. I am 8 years older than my 23 year old sister, so I will not only be the oldest in the wedding party, but the only one that has had children. I have wanted to lose weight for a while, but Sam's wedding is inspiring me to get to it. I do not want to be immortilized in her wedding pics as the fat bridesmaid. I currently weigh in at 224 (YUCK!!) and my goal weight is 150. If you brides will have me, would like to join this group as a bridesmaid in need. :) Maybe along the way some of you can let me know what you loved, or wished you had, in a MOH.

Good luck! My goal date is August 27 (so that I can maintain until my Sept. 15 wedding and get appropriate alterations) - but feel free to add me for support! I plan to continue with MFP for a while to maintain the lifestyle change. Logging food and getting support on here has made a huge difference in my journey! Best of luck to you!

Hark you are about to reach your goal!!!! Just saw that you only have 2lbs to go. That is so great!!!! Keep us updated so we can continue to be inspired by your success :)
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm back after a 2 week road trip across the country. We drove all through the South (had to visit his parents and mine) and then drove a moving truck back to CA. I'm finally home AND I started a job this week and so things are very busy.

Full disclosure: I fell completely off the wagon over the month of July. It started with a downward slide of a bite of sweets here and a bite there and then suddenly I realized (somewhere around Georgia) that I was simply eating whatever I wanted at any given moment with no regard for restraint. I have not had the heart to weigh myself -- ALL of my jeans, which felt so good after dropping 10lbs at the start of summer, are tight again.

But, I'm back on track. I am trying to eat Primal and limit my sugar intake drastically. For the next two weeks I'm going to be very strict about the sugar and will only be eating whole foods. This means a lot of foresight for packing my lunches on the go but I'm going to put in the effort. I'm going to resurrect my thread about going sugar free as it really helped me stay accountable by checking in every day.

I would also like to ask you ladies what you are currently doing for arm workouts? I'd really like to stay focused on bumping up my strength training for arms and I'm always looking for new routines to incorporate.

Finally, we moved our wedding up. I'm now getting married APRIL 27, 2013 in TEXAS!!!!!! So excited. I'm from CA but my dad has a small ranch out there and we'll be able to have a lot more freedom and save a lot more $$$$ by holding it there.

Okay, that's my update for now. So happy to see all the new additions and I'm really looking forward to hearing your updates and progress. Please feel free to add me and I will offer tons of support!
  • alemiszki
    Options
    I'm joining! I've been engaged for a few weeks now, we're getting married 12/1/12 here in Ohio. I actually have 140 some pounds to lose but want to get as much gone as I can before our honeymoon to Jamaica!!
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    I'm joining! I've been engaged for a few weeks now, we're getting married 12/1/12 here in Ohio. I actually have 140 some pounds to lose but want to get as much gone as I can before our honeymoon to Jamaica!!

Welcome! A December wedding...how wonderful!!!!
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I have until May 31st 2014 for my wedding. But I want my wedding dress at LEAST 1 year in advance, so I have until May 31st 2013 to lose 41.8 lbs. :) Which is defiantly possible!
  • Sheilav330
    Options
    i am too shedding weight for my wedding in oct 12 :) lost about 14 still have about 6lbs to go if i loose more great but if not that's ok im going to be trying to eat healthy but there are days that i don't i allow my self to have a cheatmeal occassionally
  • wojewok
    wojewok Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm trying to hit goal by my wedding on the 8th of Decmber, my boyfriend proposed in December last year, started trying to get in shape with starting weight of 171, only lost 2 pounds up until end of March, joined MFP and the rest is history!

Love having motivated MFP friends so please add me if you want motivation/support, here are my stats:

Height: 5'5
    MFP SW: 169
    CW: 146.7
    GW: 130