What about alcohol?

Options
13»

Replies

• kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i do a day a week, usually a weekend. kind of an enjoy myself type cheat day
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I kept trying to convince myself that as long as I counted my alcohol as part of my diary that I wold be fine. I would have a glass of wine after dinner most nights. I stopped doing this and started losing weight again. This is what worked for ME. I would suggest trying it for yourself. If you stop drinking and start losing more weight then you know what to do. If you stop drinking and it doesn't affect your weight loss at all, then you're fine. I think everyone's different.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    It definitely causes weight gain (water weight) for me. I feel heavier and my clothes fit tighter after I go on a binge. I started my journey 15 months ago and got within 8Lbs of my goal, was working out, etc. I recently fell off the wagon of exercise and jumped back on the wagon of drinking. I gained approx. 4-5 Lbs in a month. When I was working out regularly (and logging), I was aware of my calories and didn't want to spend it on booze.

Gosh I love Booze!! :drinker:

Anyway, I am back on the wagon and with at least 6 more parties to go before the New Year, well, let's just say I plan on writing this post all over again in January. :frown:
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Alcohol suppresses testosterone which reduces your gains from working out.

:cry: I like sparkling wine... :love: ... so I hope it just is reduce instead of "elliminates" the gain . :bigsmile: