what are you reading?

Options

Replies

• momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am reading Silent Prey...John Stanford...
    He has a whole series of "Prey" novels...police crime mysteries with some romance thrown in...always good for a entertaining easy read...

I read A LOT....

some favorite authors/books:

Janet Evonivich...slap stick, laugh aloud books
    JD Robb...in Death series
    Philippea Greggory (sp), she wries Historical novels...Other Boylen Girl, the Red Queen, the White Queen, etc...
    Sophia Kinsley (sp)..shopaholic series and all of her others are good
    Jude Deveraux...mostly romance with a twist
    "A'is for Alibi, series...can't think of authors name...good series...mysteries
    Water for Elephants and Ape House
    Power of One
    Kristin Hannah, all of hers are good
    Jodi Picoult... "ditto"

There are so many good ones to choose...my reading list is longer than my life expectancy!
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games Trilogy!!

I'm currently half-way through the second book and so far I've not been able to put them down! :)

im half way thru the second book as well :)
  • tanniewannie
    tanniewannie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    50 Shades of Grey!! and loving it!! :)
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Nicholas Nickleby, by Charles ****ens. LOVING it!
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    50 Shades of Grey here too! LOVE!!
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Recently read The girl with the dragon tattoo & now reading the 2nd book The girl who played with Fire.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Unmasked: The True Life Story of the World's Most Prolific, Cinematic Killer....the autobiography of Kane Hodder. I'm a big horror movie fan and he's one of my favorites.
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options

I'd like to read that, but I know my boyfriend DEFINITELY would - that's where he was brought up! I'm glad you linked that :)
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    I love to read cozy mysteries; they entertain me! Right now I'm reading "A Deadly Grind" by Victoria Hamilton. This is a new author for me so no recommendation on this yet. Overall, I just inhale mysteries. Keeps me running to the library AND buying books (real and on Kindle). Hope you find something you enjoy.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    A Storm of Swords. The third in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series (A Game of Thrones). I've loved the whole series so far. Loooooong books, but worth the commitment.
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, for crime stuff I go Jeffrey Deaver and Kathy Reichs (she also writes the tv show Bones)
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Jasper Fforde! His nursery crime books are great.. The Big Over Easy and The Fourth Bear. And definitely try Shades of Grey also by him, so inventive! It's down right painful waiting for his next book to come out.
  • DianatheRed
    DianatheRed Posts: 41
    Options
    The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon...fantastic!! I read the Game of Thrones series, the Harry Potter series, the Twilight series, 50 Shades of Grey series, Hunger Games series, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (the whole series), and I am currently in the middle of The Dresden Files series. I have read everything by Vince Flynn (American spy series). Also, The Power of a Praying Wife, and I want to work on Mere Christianity (and loads other by C.S. Lewis). I dabble in everything ;)
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    Just finished Lamb, by Christopher Moore, starting Kindred, by Octavia Butler and listening to John Dies at the End, by David Wong. I highly recommend The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, by N.K. Jemisin. It's the first in an amazing trilogy. Also, anything by Neil Gaiman is worth reading. And Hart's Hope by Orson Scott Card... I read that one about once a year.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am reading The Hunger Games Trilogy as well. Just finished Book 1 day before yesterday, and am probably about 2/3 of the way through the second. Am actually looking for ideas of what to read after I finish reading it, so thanks for the thread!
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Rush Home Road by Lori Lansens - fab book but did make me sob my heart out :sad: (just thought I'd warn you :happy: )

Edit: typo!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just started Game of thrones. So many Characters I'm having a little trouble following. I am not watching the HBO series. Maybe I should but I like reading the book first when a show or movie is made from it.

The Brotherhood of Blood, 5 book series Kathryn Smith

House of Night, 9 Book series P.C. and Kristen Cast

Vampire Academy, 7 Book series Richelle Mead

The Vampire Diaries 3 book series, L.J. Smith

The Fury and Dark Reunion Kindle

Bound to Darkness (A Vampire Thriller) [Kindle Edition]

Divorced, Desperate and Delicious (Divorced and Desperate) [Kindle Edition]

Fever Moon [Kindle Edition]

The Hollows, 11 Book series so far , Kim Harrison [Kindle Edition]

LITTLE WHITE LIES (The Carringtons) [Kindle Edition]

The Secret Garden [Kindle Edition]

The Ghosts of Varner Creek [Kindle Edition]

Uprising (The Fall of Haven) [Kindle Edition]

Succubus Blues, 6 Book Series, Georgina Kincaid

Dragon Tattoo series

And many more! I love reading.
  • Hezzakiah
    Hezzakiah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading:
    Kids beyond limits : the Anat Baniel method for awakening the brain and transforming the life of your child with special needs as my normal read

The heartbreaker - Phillips, Carly as my bedtime light read

I am listening to:
    The Help - Kathryn Stockett while mowing

White Witch, Black Curse - Kim Harrison while in the car

I just finished reading James Patterson's 11th Hour and the first two books in Nora Roberts Inn Boonsboro trilogy.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    On my kindle right now am reading The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok and The Amateur by Edward Klein
    In my car, I'm listening to 11th Hour by James Patterson
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    A Storm of Swords. The third in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series (A Game of Thrones). I've loved the whole series so far. Loooooong books, but worth the commitment.

I am on the fourth book of the series...."A Feast for Crows" and I am almost done with it and am waiting for the 5th book to come to paperback so I can read it!