Another group for an 8 week challenge!

Options
I think we should get groups on here to compete for an 8 week challenge! Even if we couldn't form a group, would anyone on here like to join an 8 week challenge with me? We could start Saturday or Monday and set daily/weekly goals and such together! I'd be open to any ideas! I just know having a support group would help me.

Replies

• theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What type of goals are you thinking? I know on my other support website (dailymile.com) a few of my friends have been doing the 60/60/60 challenge. It's 60 seconds of plank & 60 seconds of wall sits for 60 consecutive days. Some people make it the 60/60/60/60 challenge and add 60 seconds of side planks on each side too. Is this the type of challenge you're looking for? I've been thinking about doing this anyway :p
  • csmith091
    csmith091 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What type of goals are you thinking? I know on my other support website (dailymile.com) a few of my friends have been doing the 60/60/60 challenge. It's 60 seconds of plank & 60 seconds of wall sits for 60 consecutive days. Some people make it the 60/60/60/60 challenge and add 60 seconds of side planks on each side too. Is this the type of challenge you're looking for? I've been thinking about doing this anyway :p

60 Seconds of side planks always kills me - but they're so worth it!
  • rmbenner
    rmbenner Posts: 2
    Options
    What exactly is a side plank? Are you on bent elbow?
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    An 8 week challenge would be perfect for me as I already have a goal to lose 15-20 lbs in 8 weeks (which is when I got to see my hubby in Texas after he graduates from Basic training). Anything that will help me reach that goal would be great!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'd be totally down!
  • divadoll41
    divadoll41 Posts: 188
    Options
    I'M DOWN!
  • wannabeconfident
    Options
    Let's do it!! We could post our weight weekly and set daily goals (food or exercise) that we could all try to do. And, it would be great for motivation! If people are really serious, maybe we could give ourselves a name to distinguish ourselves and start a group!
  • MaiaTh
    MaiaTh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love it.

When do we start the challenge?

Would anyone like to be "food buddies"? We could state our food goals and give friendly encouragement to stick to our food plans.
    I find I need someone looking over my shoulder a bit so that I stay accountable for what I'm eating. Otherwise I get totally off-track.

Maia
  • wannabeconfident
    Options
    I'd love to be your food buddy! I'll be gone this weekend as I'm flying to Ohio for memorial day and won't have computer access, but I'll add you and starting Monday afternoon I'll be back full swing on MFP! We can help keep each other motivated :)
  • MaiaTh
    MaiaTh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Margaret,
    I sent you a message and a friend request.

Maia
  • stephaniepullen
    stephaniepullen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I love challenges. And I can always use support, motivation and accountability.
  • Macmommac
    Macmommac Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm totally in too! I'm going on vacation for Memorial Day weekend with out a computer but I will back full swing on Monday. I was planning on starting the 30 Day shred - anyone else wanna start too?
  • ilovesabrinamycat
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of this 8 week challenge too! Whatever form the challenge ends up taking, I'm totally up for it!
  • bccashleyiverson
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of a group challenge! I just finished a 6 week boot camp and now that its over I'm feeling lost. I'd like to have food buddies too if anyone is up for that.
  • anthrfosh11
    anthrfosh11 Posts: 49
    Options
    I am in. Just tell me what I am supposed to do.

I need to get back on track
  • wildspirit63
    Options
    Im in too - whatever it is - anyone can add me as well
  • shellybarbal
    Options
    I am always up for a challenge!
  • aplusgeek
    aplusgeek Posts: 49
    Options
    I'd be willing to help motivate anyone that wants it. Friend me if you'd like :)
  • valj77
    valj77 Posts: 26
    Options
    depending on the challenge i may be interested. i had surgery about 3 weeks ago so im a little limited on the exercise, i can walk though so i have been doing that daily
  • bara_rei
    bara_rei Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm totally in as well! I could use some extra motivation to stay on track and I love challenges! Friend me if you want!