Another group for an 8 week challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• bara_rei
    bara_rei Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm totally in too! I'm going on vacation for Memorial Day weekend with out a computer but I will back full swing on Monday. I was planning on starting the 30 Day shred - anyone else wanna start too?

I actually just started it last week! I'm doing 3 days a week of 30DS and then two or three days of cardio, usually something from Shaun T's collection. I did it last summer and I found that while I did lose inches, I didn't lose any pounds on the scale because I was building muscle at the same time. This time I want to see the results on the scale too, so I'm adding in some cardio.
    I'm still on Level One though, so I'm not that far along! Add me if you're down :)
  • Putnut
    Putnut Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in need to challenge myself. Just let me know what to do.
  • Macmommac
    Macmommac Posts: 14
    Options
    QUOTE:

I'm totally in too! I'm going on vacation for Memorial Day weekend with out a computer but I will back full swing on Monday. I was planning on starting the 30 Day shred - anyone else wanna start too?

I actually just started it last week! I'm doing 3 days a week of 30DS and then two or three days of cardio, usually something from Shaun T's collection. I did it last summer and I found that while I did lose inches, I didn't lose any pounds on the scale because I was building muscle at the same time. This time I want to see the results on the scale too, so I'm adding in some cardio.
    I'm still on Level One though, so I'm not that far along! Add me if you're down :)

I did the 30 day shred last year and I just liked the way my body felt after just 2 weeks; although I didn't see a big number change on the scale. I was able to do real push ups! I was amazed that my body responded so well! Excited to find my way home to MFP and all the great people on here! Let's do this!
  • MaiaTh
    MaiaTh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's Sunday night. Are you ready to start on Monday morning? Groceries purchased? Workouts planned?

Here are my goals;
    Find a way to make this diet sustainable for me most days
    find exercise buddies
    keep the belly fat to a minimum
    fit comfortably in my skinny pants

Diet;
    1500-1600 cal/day average over a week
    3 free meals per week which I do not log
    log all other meals/snacks
    40 grams sugar max/day (except on free meal days)
    150 grams carbs max (closer to 100 grams most days)

Exercise;
    4-5x/week
    600 cal average per workout
    2 intense cardio & 2 intense strength training sessions per week

I think I'll start by posting each day whether I met my daily goal or not. That should keep me honest.

Maia
    (45yo single mom to 5 yo daughter)
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

I was planning to start 30DS on June 1st and finish on June 30th. Want to do the same?
  • Macmommac
    Macmommac Posts: 14
    Options
    Just got back from a nice long fattening weekend vacation and am totally bushed. Must have had 3 servings of pasta salad over the weekend and gained 1 1/2 pounds in 3 days. Between the 90 degree days and the packing/unpacking loading/unloading ugh I was ready to just fall into bed and go to sleep for the next 10 hours when I got home!
    HOWEVER-I started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! My legs may hurt and I'm beyond bushed but I can go to bed tonight knowing I actually did it! Good luck everyone on your journey! Here we go!
  • faceofshadows
    Options
    Has it started? If so wait for me! Cause I'm totally down! =) I have a gallstone surgery (hopefully) coming up in the next 7 weeks.
  • MaiaTh
    Options
    First day went well for me. I almost blew it snacking with my daughter while she watched a video with friends but had eaten so well the rest of my day I was within my goals by the end of the day. Almost didn't get any exercise but at the last minute I packed my daughter into the stroller with her dinner, and strolled her to have ice cream and playground time. I got a 2 1/2 hour walk in and did Playground Pump at the playground. We got back past bedtime but she enjoyed it and so did I!

Lesson from yesterday; Remember ahead of time that I do not snack with my daughter and her playmates!
    Plan for today; Stick to diet. 40 minute group run this evening.

How did it go for others yesterday? Plans for today?

Maia
  • christinaahs2002
    christinaahs2002 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to start? Ive been wanting to find motivation as well. I carry most of my weight
    Around my belly..im a mother of two...two n five yr old..

My goals are to eat a healthy diet (vegetarian), excersise and lose some fat...

I dont have any friends here n would like to find some..

Christina
  • christinaahs2002
    Options
    Just finished my strenght training workout this morning and im planning
    on eating healthy the rest of the day n drinking lots of water...
  • MaiaTh
    Options
    Cristina,

Not too late to start! We just started. I also carry fat around the middle and am a vegetarian with a young child. Let's support each other!
  • MaiaTh
    Options
    Is anybody out there doing this challenge?

Good day except for after weight lifting I used my free meal to binge on sugary carbs. Next time I think I'll schedule a really high calorie, high protein but healthy meal after lifting so that I don't go for the sugar.

Maia
  • Kori18
    Kori18 Posts: 48
    Options
    Kori,
    IN (:
  • christinaahs2002
    Options
    Hey Maia, im glad that we can relate...thanks for responding...
    And yes i would love to support each other...

Today was fun...went out with the kids and hubby to santa cruz, had a nice walk on the pier...its a workout just
    walking on that sandy beach....

How long have you been a vegetarian...im thinking about becoming
    a vegan... Mostly for health reasons (ex. casein,the protein in milk, cause cancer)
    and so on....

Christina
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi all ,
    This group has come at a great time for me, im wedding dress shopping on 28th July so pretty much dead on 8 weeks :)
    Iv also joined the lost 5lbs in June thread so will be using both to keep me motivated.
    Iv set my exercise routine up. Monday,Wednesday,Friday & Sunday 30 day shred. Tuesday and Thursday Gym, Saturday Power Pump class.
    Hopefully this will stop me getting bored.
    If anyone wants to add me as friends feel free Im more than happy to offer some support and motivation. I will probably need some in return :)
  • faceofshadows
    Options
    I am, the hubby has been home though so been a little distracted, lol.I haven't been feeling very well the last fewdays but have managed to keep my eating in check! Trying to decide the cardio I would like to do. Thinking of trrying that insanty workout