Who's working today?

Options
bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
I work on a military base and all the military folks have a down day so only the civilians are left. We were"eccouraged" to take leave but I'm not burning a vacation day when its 50, windy and raining. Out of 60 civilians, there are only 6 of us here. So I'm going to sit here all day and surf MFP.

Why are you at work today before this Holiday in the US?

Replies

• LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Because in this economy, I can't tell my boss no.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm at work because we weren't allowed to take today off!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm in the military, and stuck at work... not to mention OUR civilians didn't do their job, so today is going to be a late day, since they don't have to pay us overtime. Hoorah!
  • gone2facebookprint
    gone2facebookprint Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Last day working at this company so .. I am at work :)
  • Medtech2004
    Medtech2004 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Because I work in a hospital and we never close! :( But I do have a 3 day weekend!!
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am also not willing to burn the vacation day lol:flowerforyou:
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Me and I'm definitely leaving early. No one is here.
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    cos here in the UK it's not a holiday....yet!! :)
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    I work at a funeral home and dead people can be so inconsiderate what with dying any old time they please. Someone has to be here in case we get a call....and since I don't get vacay pay, it's a no brainer. I got Monday off though!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to surf MFP, lol. I'm right there with you. Why skip the days when there's nothing going on? Wait and take vacation on a day that's gonna suck, lol.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I not only am working today, but also on Monday. The only holidays we get are New Years Day, 4th of July (but we have the option to work that day and have an extra vacation day to use later), Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. It's cool when New Years and Christmas are on weekends because we get an extra day during the week, but otherwise that's it.

I work in the beer business--holidays are our busiest days!
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm a daycare provider, so holidays are my busy time since the kids are off from school. 10 hour day for me.
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm at work today because a mothers work is never done :yawn:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Because i have a client who doesnt know that all the days of the week are not named Monday!:grumble:
  • Mrsthickner
    Mrsthickner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm working today too! But we get off early today.
    I work in the property management industry and as long as there are vacancies we are working!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I work at a funeral home and dead people can be so inconsiderate what with dying any old time they please. Someone has to be here in case we get a call....and since I don't get vacay pay, it's a no brainer. I got Monday off though!

Hahaha inconsiderate dead people...think they can just do as they please...
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm here for a 1/2 day. Didn't want to take an entire day since I've only been here for 6 months (and already had a week of vacation in February).
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: Because I have a mountain of paperwork to go through and reports to write. AND, (thank you Canadians for not realizing MONDAY is our day off), I get to come in on Monday as well... :explode:
  • beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm at work also.. I hope 2 get off early today :)
  • Mrsthickner
    Mrsthickner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm at work today because a mothers work is never done :yawn:

I know that's right!