Pretty words...

Options

Replies

• dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    Quintessence, the most perfect embodiment of something....
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    The best compliment I've ever received wasn't words. I was in bed wearing a white tank top and cute panties and my current FWB (don't know what else to call him - long story) got up to turn the light off. He stood there at the light switch for a while so I asked him what he was doing (w/o looking at him). He said he was taking one last look at me before he turned out the light. I melted.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    1) bacon , 2) have a beer and 3)... oh wait that's it =p
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Not words per se but I once made a woman gasp. Like an audible, cartoon gasp where her hand flew up to her mouth. I'm not saying why. But I still smile remembering that.
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options

Walk up behind her and lean in the doorway or whatever, while she's doing her hair, or gettin ready, just stand there and stare (not creepy) in awe of her, then when she turns around grin. DUH!!! DUH!!! DUH!!!! :love:

My husband does this to me...love it!
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    I like it when you call me BIg Poppa! Throw your hands in the air if you a true playa!

Oh and that is what I call my husband..he's even Big Poppa in my phone..
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Depends on the moment;

No make-up, hair up, not feelin’ pretty and my husband says I’m beautiful.
    Stressed to the limits with the kids and he tells me what a good mom I am.
    From others, I prefer smart and funny over beautiful and pretty. Those last two are fleeting and angles and lights can change an appearance ;) but smart and funny <dreamy sigh> that will insure I continue to talk to you.

*I was 17 before my daddy ever said I was pretty. It was prom night and I cried. When I asked why he never said it before he said; “I wanted you to focus on what was important; your education, your talents, your character. Had I focused on your appearance you would have looked to men who only focused on that as well.” My daddy is smart. ;)

I didn't even read this before I replied, but I should have because it's awesome.
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    I've recenetly heard "remarkably beautiful" from three different people. That, is something I'd never heard before and not only did it make my ego happy, it made my soul smile. However, being told I'm funny or the guy I like calling me 'miss' make my melt as well.
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sexy is good but I have a hard time believing it sometimes.

But nothing is better, to me, than hearing "you look beautiful".
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    Not words per se but I once made a woman gasp. Like an audible, cartoon gasp where her hand flew up to her mouth. I'm not saying why. But I still smile remembering that.

Overly intrigued right now.
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    The best compliment I've ever received wasn't words. I was in bed wearing a white tank top and cute panties and my current FWB (don't know what else to call him - long story) got up to turn the light off. He stood there at the light switch for a while so I asked him what he was doing (w/o looking at him). He said he was taking one last look at me before he turned out the light. I melted.

awww so cute!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Honestly I just love compliments and pretty words. It makes me remember I still got it and to a stay at home mom that is awesome! What melts me the most tho is when my 3 year old looks at me and says "mommy you my butiful girl".....he is too sweet. But yeah pretty words make me feel good. I think they do to most!

OHHHHH about 5 months ago I got a husband biffed in the back of the head when he did a double take of my *kitten*. I giggled and was inappropriately happy at the compliment.....
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I walked into a room and had a guy say "wow" once. Best compliment ever.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I like being called things that aren't so common. Pretty, hot, sexy, beautiful.. They are used a lot. Striking, ravishing, etc.. Those catch me off guard. :)

And while they work in text form.. I feel they are most effective in person, when the compliment is enhanced by the way he says it and the way he looks at me.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I like cute, pretty, beautiful and of course sexy.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

I would marry him.
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    Sensuale...Italian for sensual..just sounds so much better in Italian!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    No joke, I once had some random guy stop me as I was coming out of the library and tell me that I was intoxicating.

I've never felt so turned on / weak in the knees / totally flattered / speechless / you name it.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options

I would marry him.

I did marry that guy . I walked out of an office at work and he was visiting and walking in .. When I came back a co-worker asked if I saw a guy coming in as I went out . I told her I did . She said I knew it because he walked in saying 'wow' looking like cupid just hit him in the face . 18 months later , we were married .

Didn't work out so well but I still cherish those memories :)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options

I would marry him.
    :laugh: It would have been hard. It was a friend's husband.